How Far does UNC Reach for NC Students Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NCscooter

New

How Far does UNC Reach for NC Students

Post by NCscooter » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:54 am

I have been hearing some rumblings about how far UNC will go in order to accept lifetime NC residents. Just curious how low they are now going with regards to both LSAT and GPA numbers. I know that 70% of each incoming class must be NC residents, and in order to obtain that number I know they accept NC residents with numbers far less superior than one might think. Any ideas from the choir what numbers from a lifetime NC resident will get you in?

FirmBiz

Bronze

Re: How Far does UNC Reach for NC Students

Post by FirmBiz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:38 am

NCscooter wrote:I have been hearing some rumblings about how far UNC will go in order to accept lifetime NC residents. Just curious how low they are now going with regards to both LSAT and GPA numbers. I know that 70% of each incoming class must be NC residents, and in order to obtain that number I know they accept NC residents with numbers far less superior than one might think. Any ideas from the choir what numbers from a lifetime NC resident will get you in?
Not completely sure, but I thought they were required to have 65% in state, not 70? Unless i'm mistaken.

OhBoyOhBortles

Gold

Post by OhBoyOhBortles » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:42 am

http://unc.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants

Should give you a good idea of how far they may have reached this cycle (assuming that acceptances below median are probably the NC residents you mentioned they are looking for).

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:54 pm

FirmBiz wrote:
NCscooter wrote:I have been hearing some rumblings about how far UNC will go in order to accept lifetime NC residents. Just curious how low they are now going with regards to both LSAT and GPA numbers. I know that 70% of each incoming class must be NC residents, and in order to obtain that number I know they accept NC residents with numbers far less superior than one might think. Any ideas from the choir what numbers from a lifetime NC resident will get you in?
Not completely sure, but I thought they were required to have 65% in state, not 70? Unless i'm mistaken.
I think it's even higher than that, at least for the undergrad. Maybe it's different for law school.

LVbucknell

Bronze

Post by LVbucknell » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:11 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
FirmBiz wrote:
I think it's even higher than that, at least for the undergrad. Maybe it's different for law school.
Incoming out of state UNC law student here. The 70% in state is the goal for the class. Obviously they cannot meet that exact percentage every year based on preference of who they accept and with a fairly small class size. The actual percentage of the incoming class typically fluctuates between 65-70% in state. The undergrad typically tries to meet a goal of 80% in state.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”