STEVE JONES Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Drew82abndiv

Bronze

STEVE JONES

Post by Drew82abndiv » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:55 pm

Is anyone getting a little sick of emails from Steve Jones from Florida Coastal? I get like 2-3 per week and they all seem like they are pleading with me to apply! Come on man, my numbers aren't that good! He sounds like such a nice guy but this is boarderline harrassment! :twisted:

escobarsonlam

New

Re: STEVE JONES

Post by escobarsonlam » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:58 pm

i was gonna hate him and the school for those emails, but i've been getting stuff from schools where i DID apply to asking me to...apply! i think those burn a little bit more.

the steve jones emails are annoying for me though because my friend stephen jones' emails look like spam now.

bob loblaw

New

Post by bob loblaw » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:00 pm

I was getting those for awhile. They were a little creepy/too personal. He said things like, "we have a lot of students from [state X]...." When there was absolutely no way it was true.

LabRat

New

Post by LabRat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:01 pm

I emailed him back a few months ago and told him "Thank you for the information, but Florida Coastal is not a potential school for me." I stopped receiving emails from them.

Drew82abndiv

Bronze

Post by Drew82abndiv » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:02 pm

I think the funnier thing is if you take it one step further:
You apply to school X
after you apply, school X asks you to apply <slap in the face>
a month passes and school X REJECTS you <kick in the balls>

this did not happen to me but it would be pretty funny/frustrating :twisted:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

infinity

New

Post by infinity » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:02 pm

i agree with the previous post. i replied b/c i kept receiving emails. i said thank you for the offer but i am not interested and then i never received anything else from him.

actually - i think he replied to thank me for letting him know! pretty funny!

LabRat

New

Post by LabRat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:05 pm

I read an old thread (on LSD?) where someone applied to a school, got auto-dinged, and a few weeks later received a fee waiver to the same school. Dunno if it was really true, but that would REALLY annoy me.

Lothar

New

Post by Lothar » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:05 pm

Steve recently tried to do the Jedi mind trick on me and asked why I haven't responded about the scholarship offer he sent me. I didn't hear about the scholarship offer until that email.

-Lothar

arich24

New

Post by arich24 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:06 pm

Haha, just got another email from good ole' Steve Jones asking if I got his last email regarding the scholarship offer...maybe it slipped through my mailbox he asked! Well, I can't complain, b/c...sad as it is, hearing from him is better than hearing from no one:(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LabRat

New

Post by LabRat » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:07 pm

arich24 wrote:Haha, just got another email from good ole' Steve Jones asking if I got his last email regarding the scholarship offer...maybe it slipped through my mailbox he asked! Well, I can't complain, b/c...sad as it is, hearing from him is better than hearing from no one:(
Aint that the truth.

Drew82abndiv

Bronze

Post by Drew82abndiv » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:08 pm

That dude must have the largest outbox in history! I think we should call Guinness Book of World Records! Who's in?

breanne2011

New

Post by breanne2011 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:09 pm

for some reason (maybe it's because I never got any e-mails from Mr. Jones) this thread title made me think of that craptastic rap song that basically consisted of the lyrics "MIKE JOOOONES" repeated over and over again. Perhaps Steve would have better luck with recruiting students if he included a cover of that song in the email.

4RE

New

Post by 4RE » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:10 pm

There's an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. Let the man do his job by trying to recruit. No need to "hate him" or anything like that.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lothar

New

Post by Lothar » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:11 pm

btw, breanne, that's every Mike Jones song where he says his name like that :)

Maybe since it seems to be rejection time for some of us, Steve is trying to catch us on the rebound :P

-Lothar

Drew82abndiv

Bronze

Post by Drew82abndiv » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:12 pm

Hmmm...you may be on to something here Bre, perhaps I should reply with some suggestions! :twisted:

Drew82abndiv

Bronze

Post by Drew82abndiv » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:13 pm

Hmmmm....4RE is taking this pretty personal!!! I think we may have the real Steve Jones in our midst ladies and gentlemen!!!!

IvyJustice

New

Post by IvyJustice » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:18 pm

Steve Jones is a nice guy. I actually spoke with him on the phone once. He is trying to be aggressive when recruiting for his school. Look, despite Floridal Coastal's rankings, it does have a decent location. Doesn't anyone care about that? The quality of life there is superb.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MTal

Silver

Post by MTal » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:19 pm

Oh god, so it seems that I'm not the only one. I want to write back and say "No, I don't want to attend your shitty ass TTTT so that I can graduate with 150k debt and make no more than 35k upon graduation, so F*** off and have a nice day"

Edit: I don't care how nice he is, his e-mails are starting to border on harassment.

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:20 pm

FWIW, I think the point of his emails is that you won't graduate with 150k worth of debt......

IvyJustice

New

Post by IvyJustice » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:22 pm

yeah. the man is trying to hook us TLSers up with scholarship money. He is trying to defry our costs. Let's give him credit.

IvyJustice

New

Post by IvyJustice » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:23 pm

p.s. it's hilarious we have a whole thread about Steve Jones. Maybe he should run for Congress or something. He already has his name out there.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

miranda

New

Post by miranda » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:31 pm

Is he offering everyone scholarship money? B/c mine says he wants to give me 20 grand/year. It's nice to get emails like this, but I think I'm going write back politely saying no thank you.

neskerdoo

Silver

Post by neskerdoo » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:10 pm

Oh god, so it seems that I'm not the only one. I want to write back and say "No, I don't want to attend your shitty ass TTTT so that I can graduate with 150k debt and make no more than 35k upon graduation, so F*** off and have a nice day"
Every couple days, MTal reminds me why I can't stand him

lexy1006

New

Post by lexy1006 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:12 pm

MTal wrote:Edit: I don't care how nice he is, his e-mails are starting to border on harassment.
There's a nifty little unsubscribe button on those emails. He probably assumes that you don't mind if you havn't unsubscribed.

MTal

Silver

Post by MTal » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:17 pm

I am glad to have earned your animosity, NeskerDouche. I look forward to being highly annoying and irritating to you in the future.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”