UF Wait list c\o 2018 "and now we play the waiting game" Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shay2171

New

UF Wait list c\o 2018 "and now we play the waiting game"

Post by shay2171 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:21 pm

Just though I Would start a new topic for all us sad, neurotic, but hopefully not broken by this agonizing wait...pandas

danielvawter

New

Re: UF Wait list c\o 2018 "and now we play the waiting game"

Post by danielvawter » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:28 pm

shay2171 wrote:Just though I Would start a new topic for all us sad, neurotic, but hopefully not broken by this agonizing wait...pandas
Seriously. Tired. Of. Waiting.

drtamale

Bronze

Post removed...

Post by drtamale » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:34 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by drtamale on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

blinkmtt3

New

Post by blinkmtt3 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:44 pm

drtamale wrote:i dont really mind waiting, although id love to find out im accepted ! im thinking about re-taking the lsat in june for them to take into consideration if its not too late. im due for a re-take.
I am retaking in June too. I know that my odds of acceptance would have been much better with a higher LSAT. I am not looking forward to the upcoming studying though.

shay2171

New

Post by shay2171 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 pm

What do you think this packet will have? The other schools I've been WLed at have just sent emails informing me of the decision .

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Runq1

New

Post by Runq1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:16 pm

shay2171 wrote:What do you think this packet will have? The other schools I've been WLed at have just sent emails informing me of the decision .
I was waitlisted last year at UF and it was just a letter explaining the waitlist process, and you have to mail a form back saying you wish to remain on the waitlist for consideration. Also, just like the "prospective student" emails they sent out, they email waitlist emails also about progress and such. Nice to stay informed.

blinkmtt3

New

Post by blinkmtt3 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:32 pm

Runq1 wrote:
shay2171 wrote:What do you think this packet will have? The other schools I've been WLed at have just sent emails informing me of the decision .
I was waitlisted last year at UF and it was just a letter explaining the waitlist process, and you have to mail a form back saying you wish to remain on the waitlist for consideration. Also, just like the "prospective student" emails they sent out, they email waitlist emails also about progress and such. Nice to stay informed.
How long did it take for you to get a final answer after being waitlisted? Or did you just withdraw? Do you think they waitlist a lot of their applicants instead of just denying?

CBlaw

New

Post by CBlaw » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:47 pm

blinkmtt3 wrote:
Runq1 wrote:
How long did it take for you to get a final answer after being waitlisted? Or did you just withdraw? Do you think they waitlist a lot of their applicants instead of just denying?
Im sure they do waitlist a lot of people. Why deny them when they can keep you on the hook and let the next best in to fill their seats to make sure they receive the money they want. I was waitlisted as well and from the looks of it, it pretty much is the same thing as getting denied.

Runq1

New

Post by Runq1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:49 pm

blinkmtt3 wrote:
Runq1 wrote:
No, I ended up waiting it out to the very end. And by very end I mean a few days before classes started they sent me an email saying I officially was not accepted (Aug 12th). I really have had my heart set on UF, so I ended up not going to any other law school. I still have some of the waitlist emails and they tell you things like "there has been moderate usage of the fall 2014 wait list" -June 9th. So don't lose hope!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lordofducks

New

Post by lordofducks » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:44 pm

Do you think retaking the LSAT has its advantages in terms of getting off of the wait list?

I'm retaking mine in June.

shay2171

New

Post by shay2171 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:14 pm

lordofducks wrote:Do you think retaking the LSAT has its advantages in terms of getting off of the wait list?

Only if you know you will do better.

For me, having only what two months of study (I have not prepared) would be a waste. I could have gotten easily in the 170s if I had known what I wanted to do after UG. Also I would have doneway better in my undergrad and taken easier classes to keep my GPA up. I think if I ever have kids I want them to have a clear career goal before attending college

shay2171

New

Post by shay2171 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:16 pm

I am on my phone and realize my last post makes no sense, but if you can get anything out of it, more power to you.

blinkmtt3

New

Post by blinkmtt3 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:29 pm

lordofducks wrote:Do you think retaking the LSAT has its advantages in terms of getting off of the wait list?

I think as long as you think you can do better and if you are pretty sure that number is why you were waitlisted, then yes. My LSAT is super low but my GPA is really high and I have good softs. So I think if I can raise my number, I might be able to get accepted. Also, I am already admitted to another school so if I get a better LSAT and end up going to that school, I am hoping to be able to be reevaluated for scholarship money. I am REALLY wanting to practice and live my life in Florida though, so I am hoping for the best with UF.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

itskevin

Bronze

Post by itskevin » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:14 pm

+1 on this list. the wait continues on.

drtamale

Bronze

Post removed...

Post by drtamale » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:27 am

Post removed...
Last edited by drtamale on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

florida2015

New

Post by florida2015 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:22 am

Checking in! In this for the long haul... I've been waiting for UF since I turned my application into LSAC in October.

shay2171

New

Post by shay2171 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Anyone get their waitlist packet today?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

itskevin

Bronze

Post by itskevin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:56 pm

shay2171 wrote:Anyone get their waitlist packet today?
Not yet. It's been a few days and I was expecting it to arrive today lol. Should be in by tomorrow.

shay2171

New

Post by shay2171 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:49 am

I was looking at the Wait List FAQ on the UF website and it said that there was usually a hundred to a few hundred Wait listers per year...that number seemed incredibly small considering all of us are on that list.

cvac0

New

Post by cvac0 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:05 am

shay2171 wrote:I was looking at the Wait List FAQ on the UF website and it said that there was usually a hundred to a few hundred Wait listers per year...that number seemed incredibly small considering all of us are on that list.

Really? I read that it's a few hundred to several hundred.

"Q. HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE ON THE WAIT LIST?
A. The number of candidates on the wait list will vary from a few hundred to several hundred. The Committee extends a number of wait list offers, however, not all candidates choose to remain on the wait list as they move forward with other plans. The number of waitlisted students fluctuates throughout the summer, as some will choose to withdraw their names for consideration."

Source: http://www.law.ufl.edu/admissions/explo ... -list-faqs

shay2171

New

Post by shay2171 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:18 am

cvac0 wrote:
shay2171 wrote:I was looking at the Wait List FAQ on the UF website and it said that there was usually a hundred to a few hundred Wait listers per year...that number seemed incredibly small considering all of us are on that list.

Really? I read that it's a few hundred to several hundred.

"Q. HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE ON THE WAIT LIST?
A. The number of candidates on the wait list will vary from a few hundred to several hundred. The Committee extends a number of wait list offers, however, not all candidates choose to remain on the wait list as they move forward with other plans. The number of waitlisted students fluctuates throughout the summer, as some will choose to withdraw their names for consideration."

Source: http://www.law.ufl.edu/admissions/explo ... -list-faqs
You are right. Sorry folks for this misinformation. I must have read it wrong.

Mr.Scoops

New

Post by Mr.Scoops » Sun May 24, 2015 1:59 am

My first post on this forum...

I just got in off the wait list on the 18th. My numbers were 3.1/159 (undergrad also at UF) with pretty extensive student government work on my resume and a year of grad school under my belt (I'm doing a joint degree). I think my issue of being wait listed was my application wasn't in until March 13th (had an issue getting a transcript from a community college I had taken 1 class at) so super late in the cycle to say the least. Basically I got an email early on the 18th asking "would I be in a position to accept if offered" I replied yes and within about an hour of replying they sent me an email accepting me. That whole exchange was a bit weird I thought but I'll take it.

Not to burst anyone's bubble who is still waiting, but basically what I was told was May 15th was when $200 seat deposits were due from people already accepted in order to start in fall and therefore most wait list people that end up getting in were going to be admitted shortly after that. Now I know $200 isn't that much and someone could easily walk away from that if they changed their mind and open up a spot, but basically I was told very few people drop after that point.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”