Still waiting on FSU Law decision? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
blinkmtt3

New

Still waiting on FSU Law decision?

Post by blinkmtt3 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:21 pm

My application went complete 1/29. I am still waiting on a decision and although I am still within the 3 month window, my seat deposit deadlines for other schools are approaching. FSU is my #1 though, although I might not be very competitive. LSAT 149 but GPA 4.0. Otherwise I have a strong application package.

Anyone know if FSU will have all decisions by a certain date? Based on my LSAT should I just expect to not get in? Is it appropriate to contact admissions within the 3 month period?

Currently accepted at Florida International and I am considering it but I really am unsure about moving my family to Miami.

PoopNpants

Silver

Re: Still waiting on FSU Law decision?

Post by PoopNpants » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:35 pm

retake dude

RomanRebel

New

Post by RomanRebel » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:48 pm

blinkmtt3 wrote:My application went complete 1/29. I am still waiting on a decision and although I am still within the 3 month window, my seat deposit deadlines for other schools are approaching. FSU is my #1 though, although I might not be very competitive. LSAT 149 but GPA 4.0. Otherwise I have a strong application package.

Anyone know if FSU will have all decisions by a certain date? Based on my LSAT should I just expect to not get in? Is it appropriate to contact admissions within the 3 month period?

Currently accepted at Florida International and I am considering it but I really am unsure about moving my family to Miami.
Their process is on a rolling basis. I am pretty much in the same situation, better LSAT, slightly lower GPA. I went complete on 1/19. I will probably shoot an email to the Admission office soon. You might consider retaking the LSAT if you have the chance, I personally don't.

TheProdigal

Silver

Post by TheProdigal » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:01 pm

I don't believe FSU has accepted a student with a sub-150 in the last three years - last year 28 applied with a 3.75+ GPA and a 145-149 LSAT and none were admitted. Your only realistic choice here is to retake. With that GPA, even a modest boost is going to open a lot of doors to you, many with money.

Take a year off and retake. If you really must rush ahead, FSU has a relatively late application deadline and will accept a June LSAT score.

FSU is one of the few T1 schools I've found that lays out applications/admits by GPA and LSAT. Most are at least willing to make some noise about taking the entire application into account and not publish those. You aren't getting in with that LSAT. As far as FSU is concerned, the rest of your "strong application package" doesn't exist. You have to retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”