Accepted way to quick (within a day) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mendel

New

Accepted way to quick (within a day)

Post by Mendel » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:32 pm

HI
I sent out some applications on Saturday night the 15th of February at 9:45pm. A few days later I received an acceptance letter in the mail. It was from one of the schools I applied (FIU) and offered acceptance as well as a scholarship, the letter heading said February 16th. Did they read my application on the Sunday morning right after it arrived and accept me instantly?
Another school (U of Miami) sent just an acceptance, dated February 19th (just a 4 day lag).

Is this normal?
and did they actually read through my application and accept me, or do they automatically accept some people based off of GPA/LSAT (while mine aren't very impressive, they are above average. 157/3.7)?

Thanks in advance,

Clemenceau

Silver

Re: Accepted way to quick (within a day)

Post by Clemenceau » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:38 pm

Late in the cycle. Auto-admit numbers at fiu (I assume). They probably only got a few apps post-feb lsat. Probably decided on all of them that monday.

Weird but I dont think anything to worry about.

Edit: didn't notice the sunday part at first. Definitely odd. Still doubt it was some sort of accident.

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:46 am

Mendel wrote:HI
I sent out some applications on Saturday night the 15th of February at 9:45pm. A few days later I received an acceptance letter in the mail. It was from one of the schools I applied (FIU) and offered acceptance as well as a scholarship, the letter heading said February 16th. Did they read my application on the Sunday morning right after it arrived and accept me instantly?
Another school (U of Miami) sent just an acceptance, dated February 19th (just a 4 day lag).

Is this normal?
and did they actually read through my application and accept me, or do they automatically accept some people based off of GPA/LSAT (while mine aren't very impressive, they are above average. 157/3.7)?

Thanks in advance,
Nothing to worry about!
Last edited by dasani13 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mendel

New

Post by Mendel » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:47 pm

Thanks for the replies, it's greatly appreciated.

mshahsm

New

Post by mshahsm » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:49 pm

Last edited by mshahsm on Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:57 pm

dasani13 wrote:
Mendel wrote:HI

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance,
Nothing to worry about!

Wattz

New

Post by Wattz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:02 pm

mshahsm wrote:Accepted way too quickly (within a day)
+1. Thank you!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”