South Texas College of Law Class of 2018 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mo1212

New

Re: South Texas College of Law Class of 2018

Post by mo1212 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:39 pm

what time of the day should i expect a update on status checker? Tend to change morning or late afternoon?

cheesecakes

New

Post by cheesecakes » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:22 pm

mo1212 wrote:what time of the day should i expect a update on status checker? Tend to change morning or late afternoon?
They email at the same time they update- no need to check status updates

mo1212

New

Post by mo1212 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:09 pm

Hello,

Ok guys I got into South texas part time program offered 2500 a year.UH wait listed me also today.I applied to TSU as a safety school got in,Wasn't planning on going but they offered me full scholarship first year. I know TSU has a bad rep but i know plenty of people who went there and are doing extremely well.Ive also met UH grad who are unemployed.So even tho i didn't plan it,Im thinking about going to TSU and if its that serious transferring out after the first year,but maybe not.2500 yearly vs FULL SCHLLARSHIp is a big difference.

ScottPilgrimv.TheLaw

New

Post by ScottPilgrimv.TheLaw » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:50 pm

mo1212 wrote:Hello,

Ok guys I got into South texas part time program offered 2500 a year.UH wait listed me also today.I applied to TSU as a safety school got in,Wasn't planning on going but they offered me full scholarship first year. I know TSU has a bad rep but i know plenty of people who went there and are doing extremely well.Ive also met UH grad who are unemployed.So even tho i didn't plan it,Im thinking about going to TSU and if its that serious transferring out after the first year,but maybe not.2500 yearly vs FULL SCHLLARSHIp is a big difference.
That is a big difference. You should see if STCL will up your offer based on the TSU offer. Based on my survey of one, they aren't as generous as they should be out of the gate (got better offers from a few much higher and similarly ranked programs), so see if you can get them to a point that you are happy with. I know people that are happy with their jobs from Texas, SMU, Baylor, UH and TSU. YMMV at any institution, the advice given here should only be taken as a way of maximizing your chances at a happy ending; it's not the Bible.

mo1212

New

Post by mo1212 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:24 pm

ScottPilgrimv.TheLaw wrote:
mo1212 wrote:Hello,

That is a big difference. You should see if STCL will up your offer based on the TSU offer. Based on my survey of one, they aren't as generous as they should be out of the gate (got better offers from a few much higher and similarly ranked programs), so see if you can get them to a point that you are happy with. I know people that are happy with their jobs from Texas, SMU, Baylor, UH and TSU. YMMV at any institution, the advice given here should only be taken as a way of maximizing your chances at a happy ending; it's not the Bible.

True that's the same thing I heard when I went to the open house for south Texas in January.TSU will allow me to keep my scholarship if i am in the top 10% 2nr yr and pay half if I maintain 3rd yr.I know its hard to get into the top 10% but if Ilsomehow I do, ill basically have minimal debt minus loans for living expenses..Anyone else in a similar situation?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

texasaggie10

Bronze

Post by texasaggie10 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:47 pm

Is anyone waiting for June LSAT scores to be admitted to STCL?

ericguerra2010

New

Post by ericguerra2010 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:36 am

texasaggie10 wrote:Is anyone waiting for June LSAT scores to be admitted to STCL?

I am! Im anxious. How do you think you on the LSAT?

texasaggie10

Bronze

Post by texasaggie10 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:39 am

ericguerra2010 wrote:
texasaggie10 wrote:Is anyone waiting for June LSAT scores to be admitted to STCL?

Will you be admitted in August?

I think I did ok! I hope they release today!

ericguerra2010

New

Post by ericguerra2010 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:55 pm

texasaggie10 wrote:
ericguerra2010 wrote:

No they denied me. TSU it is.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

texasaggie10

Bronze

Post by texasaggie10 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:26 pm

ericguerra2010 wrote:
texasaggie10 wrote:
ericguerra2010 wrote:

No they denied me. TSU it is.
They did me as well. Its because the classes are full.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”