Colorado Law - Boulder C/O 2018 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CM3809

New

Re: Colorado Law - Boulder C/O 2018

Post by CM3809 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:07 pm

Withdrawing my app today with some scholarship $$. Good luck to all

architecturas

New

Post by architecturas » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:17 am

Rejected at 12am by email... That killed my Friday night.

obiwan34

New

Post by obiwan34 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:57 am

I got "priority" waitlisted. Is there a difference between that and normal wait list? Just curious. I would love to go to Colorado for school and I'm just gauging if I have a real shot.

Nashvillelaw21

New

Post by Nashvillelaw21 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:17 am

mecarey wrote:
Nashvillelaw21 wrote:It seems like their scholarships are heavily GPA motivated.
I can anecdotally say with a high degree of confidence that this was not the case for me. I received a solid offer from Colorado Law with a very low GPA. Whole person matters!

I just said that based on my stats and offer vs. the stats and offers listed by other people on lawschoolnumbers.

ChiefOstenaco

New

Post by ChiefOstenaco » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Last edited by ChiefOstenaco on Wed May 06, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CoCo2015

New

Post by CoCo2015 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:38 pm

obiwan34 wrote:I got "priority" waitlisted. Is there a difference between that and normal wait list? Just curious. I would love to go to Colorado for school and I'm just gauging if I have a real shot.
From what I can gather, this is the first year that Colorado Law has used a priority waitlist. Not exactly sure what the likelihood of admission from the priority waitlist will be, but when I spoke with admissions it seemed that priority waitlist candidates stand a very good chance of being accepted.

Anyone else receive a waitlist update today? Seems like there might be movement soon.

JMC0709

New

Post by JMC0709 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:25 pm

CoCo2015 wrote:
obiwan34 wrote:I got "priority" waitlisted. Is there a difference between that and normal wait list? Just curious. I would love to go to Colorado for school and I'm just gauging if I have a real shot.
From what I can gather, this is the first year that Colorado Law has used a priority waitlist. Not exactly sure what the likelihood of admission from the priority waitlist will be, but when I spoke with admissions it seemed that priority waitlist candidates stand a very good chance of being accepted.

Anyone else receive a waitlist update today? Seems like there might be movement soon.
I got priority waitlisted back in late Jan and interviewed with an alum in-person in early Feb. also got an update email from them on Monday, definitely hoping for some movement soon. but thanks for the great info - had no idea this is their first year using the priority list, but I suppose that's why I haven't been able to find very much info on what people have experienced in the past. Is your source on all of this someone in the admissions office?

Does anyone know someone put on the regular waitlist who later got accepted in past cycles? just wondering when they heard a decision and what sort of profile they might've had.

CoCo2015

New

Post by CoCo2015 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:25 pm

JMC0709 wrote:
CoCo2015 wrote:

I got priority waitlisted back in late Jan and interviewed with an alum in-person in early Feb. also got an update email from them on Monday, definitely hoping for some movement soon. but thanks for the great info - had no idea this is their first year using the priority list, but I suppose that's why I haven't been able to find very much info on what people have experienced in the past. Is your source on all of this someone in the admissions office?

Does anyone know someone put on the regular waitlist who later got accepted in past cycles? just wondering when they heard a decision and what sort of profile they might've had.

PM'd.

kptibolt

New

Post by kptibolt » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:40 pm

I too am one of the Priority Waitlist individuals.

Apart from what was already mentioned, anyone out there hearing anything about chances of getting in off of Priority Waitlist or anything else that may be relevant? Colorado is my clear #1, and the status is being checked QUITE often at this point.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ColoBoul

New

Post by ColoBoul » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:52 pm

kptibolt wrote:I too am one of the Priority Waitlist individuals.

Apart from what was already mentioned, anyone out there hearing anything about chances of getting in off of Priority Waitlist or anything else that may be relevant? Colorado is my clear #1, and the status is being checked QUITE often at this point.
For whatever its worth, I was on the "priority waitlist" with numbers above 25% GPA and above 75% LSAT in 2012. As my #1 choice I sent three LOCI, visited the school in May and had another professor from CU write me a recommendation... I basically got radio silence. If your numbers aren't what they want its not going to happen. They nicely sent me a rejection letter to my old apartment, a friend still lived there, a week after classes started at my school. So all I can say is its a waiting game but don't get your hopes up too much.

CoCo2015

New

Post by CoCo2015 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:40 pm

ColoBoul wrote:
kptibolt wrote:I too am one of the Priority Waitlist individuals.

For whatever its worth, I was on the "priority waitlist" with numbers above 25% GPA and above 75% LSAT in 2012. As my #1 choice I sent three LOCI, visited the school in May and had another professor from CU write me a recommendation... I basically got radio silence. If your numbers aren't what they want its not going to happen. They nicely sent me a rejection letter to my old apartment, a friend still lived there, a week after classes started at my school. So all I can say is its a waiting game but don't get your hopes up too much.
I just spoke with admissions who confirmed that this is the first year that they are using the 'priority waitlist'.

happyendings

New

Post by happyendings » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:52 pm

anyone here for the asw?

kptibolt

New

Post by kptibolt » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:04 pm

Any fellow waitlisters hearing anything? Or is it likely this will push into May and June as we wait for wait list trickle down from higher up tier-1 schools? Still eager as ever to get off of Priority Waitlist and into admission pool.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ericalynn17

New

Post by ericalynn17 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:07 pm

Placed on the priority waitlist. Are there any waitlisters that have made it into the admission pool that can offer some advice?

Etcetera

New

Post by Etcetera » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:27 am

Just withdrew with some $$ (they just didn't offer enough) hopefully someone on the waitlist will benefit from this.

whitespider

Silver

Post by whitespider » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:50 pm

Just withdrew my full/10/10. Best of luck to those still waiting. :D

huskies2015

New

Post by huskies2015 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:11 pm

Just withdrew w/ $$$$. Hope it gets passed along to some of you guys. Best of luck!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LaraCroftEsq

Bronze

Post by LaraCroftEsq » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:54 pm

Does anyone know if Colorado remains open to scholarship negotiation throughout the summer? I sent in my first deposit but am waitlisted at 4 higher ranked schools so I'm considering taking the June LSAT to increase my chances. If I score significantly higher, it'd be nice to know that I could get Colorado to re-evaluate my merit aid.

barbiegurl

New

Post by barbiegurl » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:34 pm

LaraCroftEsq wrote:Does anyone know if Colorado remains open to scholarship negotiation throughout the summer? I sent in my first deposit but am waitlisted at 4 higher ranked schools so I'm considering taking the June LSAT to increase my chances. If I score significantly higher, it'd be nice to know that I could get Colorado to re-evaluate my merit aid.
I think they may, especially if your score jumps. I asked them to keep considering me for more, but explained how they were my top pick. My current offer is a 20/10/10.

I went ahead and deposited as well.

kptibolt

New

Post by kptibolt » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:31 pm

Any decisions doled out today by our friends at Colorado Law? Still just a guy on a waitlist hoping for some good news in my future.

ericalynn17

New

Post by ericalynn17 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:47 pm

Anyone accepted that went through the interview process and would be willing to share their experience?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

haydenw11

New

Post by haydenw11 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:53 am

Accepted about a week ago excited to join the rest of you at CU. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for scholarship offers to be sent out after acceptance? Thanks

FairchildFLT

Bronze

Post by FairchildFLT » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:04 pm

Withdrew today. Applied because I was getting antsy about the T14...

barbiegurl

New

Post by barbiegurl » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:08 pm

haydenw11 wrote:Accepted about a week ago excited to join the rest of you at CU. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for scholarship offers to be sent out after acceptance? Thanks
Congrats! Mine came in the mail several days after I received my acceptance.

LaraCroftEsq

Bronze

Post by LaraCroftEsq » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:38 pm

Need some insight from you guys. I've already sent in my seat deposit and am planning to move to Boulder next month. I was also accepted to Pepperdine, though I withdrew last week. Now Pepperdine has offered to double their original offer (from $45k to $90k) and are asking me to reconsider my decision. Do you think I could use that to leverage more money from CU, who offered me $25k? Pepperdine is ranked lower and probably not a 'peer' but $90k is a significant amount of money.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”