Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jungpark1229

New

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Post by jungpark1229 » Sun May 03, 2015 1:44 am

Anybody got acceptance in the past few days wanna share?
I want to know if NU admitted some recently or gonna make us wait more till mid-May like they did last year..

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Tue May 05, 2015 2:36 pm

sneezus

Bronze

Post by sneezus » Tue May 05, 2015 3:05 pm

Gray wrote:did anyone get this email?
I’m doing a little database cleanup before the next Admissions Committee meeting and I wanted to make sure your response was marked down properly.

Just like we asked, you properly/promptly submitted our Hold Response Form including adding the last day/date that you wished to remain under consideration. Howeve, the date you wrote down has already passed and the Admissions Committee will be reviewing HOLD APPLICANTS in the upcoming weeks. We anticipate making some decisions. I am happy to update your file with a new date if you still wish to remain under consideration. Kindly respond to this with your name, LSAC ID number, and the updated date until you wish to remain under consideration/on hold. I’ll be sure to update your file ASAP.

If you’ve already made firm plans and are not interested in remaining under consideration then there is nothing more you need to do including responding to this email. On behalf of the Admissions Committee here at Northwestern, I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors!
Was a bit weird because I already withdrew, but I guess that tells you guys that they're going to be reviewing in the "upcoming weeks" and might make "some decisions"
thanks gray. i dont appreciate the -s at the end of weeks though

sneezus

Bronze

Post by sneezus » Thu May 07, 2015 12:01 pm

i called and was told Hold decisions would be going out either the end of this week (doubtful at this point) or next week. They said decisions would come out without regard to what the decision is, which i took to mean that there won't be admit only or WL only waves.

gmsaenz

New

Post by gmsaenz » Thu May 07, 2015 9:30 pm

Anyone know if it's better to be waitlisted or on hold? Im currently waitlisted and I would love to know about when they start looking at the wait list... :|

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

djbatista

New

Post by djbatista » Fri May 08, 2015 9:45 am

gmsaenz wrote:Anyone know if it's better to be waitlisted or on hold? Im currently waitlisted and I would love to know about when they start looking at the wait list... :|
It's better to be held. From hold you can be admitted, denied, or waitlisted. They probably won't look at people from the waitlist until all held applicants have been dealt with.

Does NU have a second deposit deadline this month?

iVi

Bronze

Post by iVi » Fri May 08, 2015 10:02 am

djbatista wrote:
gmsaenz wrote:Anyone know if it's better to be waitlisted or on hold? Im currently waitlisted and I would love to know about when they start looking at the wait list... :|
It's better to be held. From hold you can be admitted, denied, or waitlisted. They probably won't look at people from the waitlist until all held applicants have been dealt with.

Does NU have a second deposit deadline this month?
Pretty sure they have only one deposit ($750).

gmsaenz

New

Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Post by gmsaenz » Sat May 09, 2015 12:28 am

Does NU pick from the wait list based on demographics? ..such as if they need more state residents or women, etc.
I know some schools tend to do that.

djbatista

New

Post by djbatista » Mon May 11, 2015 12:32 pm

Any movement?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Mon May 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Probably held. Held is like calling a timeout on your decision, you can still be admitted. WL likely will take more time, as they have a pool of held applicants to get through.

Hopefully I'm one of the lucky acceptances :o.

White Dwarf

Bronze

Post by White Dwarf » Tue May 12, 2015 11:05 am

Just withdrew, hope that opens up a spot and some $$$ for one of you.

djbatista

New

Post by djbatista » Tue May 12, 2015 12:10 pm

White Dwarf wrote:Just withdrew, hope that opens up a spot and some $$$ for one of you.
Awesome, thanks man.

sneezus

Bronze

Post by sneezus » Tue May 12, 2015 12:28 pm

last year's Held thread saw movement during this week. that plus what i was told on the phone makes me hopeful but im wary of hope

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BillClinton Jr

Bronze

Post by BillClinton Jr » Tue May 12, 2015 12:48 pm

sneezus wrote:last year's Held thread saw movement during this week. that plus what i was told on the phone makes me hopeful but im wary of hope
That's the same thing they told me when I called yesterday. Here's to hoping

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Tue May 12, 2015 12:54 pm

ILoveYou

Silver

Post by ILoveYou » Tue May 12, 2015 1:12 pm

Gray wrote:GL guys!!! I really hope they'll admit some held people soon.
+1, really hoping you guys see some movement this week!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Tue May 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ILoveYou

Silver

Post by ILoveYou » Tue May 12, 2015 2:06 pm

Gray wrote:side note - my SC still doesn't show me as "withdrawn" - anyone else who was held and let the "last day for consideration" go by still show DLS-a-billion-years-ago? I sent a withdrawal email too but still nothing. Ten bucks says I get offered a spot on the waitlist b/c they haven't gotten around to withdrawing me yet.
Oh, I hope this happens. Would be a perfect way to cap off this cycle of blunders by NU admissions staff.

OhBoyOhBortles

Gold

Post by OhBoyOhBortles » Tue May 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Gray wrote:side note - my SC still doesn't show me as "withdrawn" - anyone else who was held and let the "last day for consideration" go by still show DLS-a-billion-years-ago? I sent a withdrawal email too but still nothing. Ten bucks says I get offered a spot on the waitlist b/c they haven't gotten around to withdrawing me yet.
They sent me a thank you/confirmation email when I withdrew. Did you not get one?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Tue May 12, 2015 2:11 pm

WhatCouldHaveBeen

Bronze

Post by WhatCouldHaveBeen » Tue May 12, 2015 3:10 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
They sent me a thank you/confirmation email when I withdrew. Did you not get one?

BOOOOO. Pour some purple on that Duke shirt !

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

OhBoyOhBortles

Gold

Post by OhBoyOhBortles » Tue May 12, 2015 3:18 pm

WhatCouldHaveBeen wrote:
OhBoyOhBortles wrote:

BOOOOO. Pour some purple on that Duke shirt !
We'll get you a dark blue shirt soon enough. Try to keep the hate at bay until then.

sneezus

Bronze

Post by sneezus » Wed May 13, 2015 1:00 pm

gotta say, NU's apparent lack of any urgency on held applications doesn't bode well in my mind. then again, they may be waiting for the LSAC disclosures on double-depositors friday (which wouldn't make much sense to me but still).

ILoveYou

Silver

Post by ILoveYou » Wed May 13, 2015 1:20 pm

Yeah, with the time table (or lack thereof) they're apparently working on, I can't say I really blame people who jump ship on them like OBOB (OhBoyOhBETRAYAL)

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed May 13, 2015 1:21 pm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”