. Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JHP

Bronze

Re: Northwestern Law c/o 2018 Applicants

Post by JHP » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:06 pm

Jessicakes90 wrote:
hala92 wrote:
Jessicakes90 wrote:
ptz wrote:How long does it take for decision to appear after notification? Furiously refreshing over here.
This. I told myself "just wait for the damn email. We all know it's a ding".

And yet, here I am, refreshing away.
Why are u so sure it's going to be ding? Does acceptance come as an email? I was held in Mid March and haven't heard a thing since then...
Nope totally could be an acceptance - I believe all decisions come the same way. But I wasn't held and it just seems super late in the game to be accepting candidates. Plus, seems like it's all WLs and Dings lately, but I guess we'll see!
Could definitely be a W/L or an acceptance! I was dinged and I could see my rejection letter right away.

KGLaw18

New

Post by KGLaw18 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:08 pm

Jessicakes90 wrote:
ptz wrote:How long does it take for decision to appear after notification? Furiously refreshing over here.
This. I told myself "just wait for the damn email. We all know it's a ding".

And yet, here I am, refreshing away.
Not sure what time I got the notification, but I also was non-stop refreshing and it took a little less than an hour for my ding letter to be uploaded. As if I hadn't been obsessively checking, I got an e-mail letting me know it was available about an hour after that. It's just good to know.

GOOD LUCK! Pulling for better news for you all!

Jessicakes90

Bronze

Post by Jessicakes90 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:12 pm

KGLaw18 wrote: Not sure what time I got the notification, but I also was non-stop refreshing and it took a little less than an hour for my ding letter to be uploaded. As if I hadn't been obsessively checking, I got an e-mail letting me know it was available about an hour after that. It's just good to know.

JHP wrote: Could definitely be a W/L or an acceptance! I was dinged and I could see my rejection letter right away.
Oh man, thanks both of y'all! It's been at least an hour, probably more already. Still nothing >.<

JHP

Bronze

Post by JHP » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:16 pm

Jessicakes90 wrote:
KGLaw18 wrote: Not sure what time I got the notification, but I also was non-stop refreshing and it took a little less than an hour for my ding letter to be uploaded. As if I hadn't been obsessively checking, I got an e-mail letting me know it was available about an hour after that. It's just good to know.

JHP wrote: Could definitely be a W/L or an acceptance! I was dinged and I could see my rejection letter right away.
Oh man, thanks both of y'all! It's been at least an hour, probably more already. Still nothing >.<
Fingers crossed for good news! Sounds like things may be better for you than for me or KGLaw.

Jessicakes90

Bronze

Post by Jessicakes90 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:18 pm

JHP wrote:
Jessicakes90 wrote:

Fingers crossed for good news! Sounds like things may be better for you than for me or KGLaw.
Waitlist! Thanks for the good juju :) Will probably be withdrawing though; I'm pretty sold on where I'm attending. It's just nice to know!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KGLaw18

New

Post by KGLaw18 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:20 pm

Jessicakes90 wrote:
JHP wrote:
Jessicakes90 wrote:

Waitlist! Thanks for the good juju :) Will probably be withdrawing though; I'm pretty sold on where I'm attending. It's just nice to know!
YAY! Glad for the better result and that you're happy with your decision! :)

spencercross

Bronze

Post by spencercross » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:22 pm

Just WL'd. Along with (it sounds like from the language in the letter) everyone else who's still waiting for a decision but isn't getting dinged? Unsurprising because I applied relatively late, but still kind of disappointing. As a splitter with tons of professional experience, NU was a good fit for me and my best shot at T14 with money.

Jessicakes90

Bronze

Post by Jessicakes90 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:23 pm

Thanks y'all! :D

For those of you still waiting, it says in the letter: "At this time, all initial offers of admission have been made."

Hopefully that helps someone!

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:25 pm

Jessicakes90 wrote:"At this time, all initial offers of admission have been made."
Let the WL/held games begin.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ptz

New

Post by ptz » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Waitlist. Also a pretty late application. They ever give any significant $ off wl?

spencercross

Bronze

Post by spencercross » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:56 pm

ptz wrote:Waitlist. Also a pretty late application. They ever give any significant $ off wl?
Looking at last year's class on LSN, there were two people that got $165k, but everyone else got $10k, $30k or $50k. So, no, doesn't look like it. :(

Brightwhites456

New

Post by Brightwhites456 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:25 pm

Can someone help me out with the language? WL today as well...is "waitlist" different from "held" or are they the same thing?

Also--my waitlist invite did not say anything about supplemental essays, etc. Am I to assume that means those waitlisted today are not invited to add anything to their applications?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:27 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:37 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Mon May 11, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tk17

Bronze

Post by tk17 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:47 pm

Is it weird that I'm still complete?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:52 pm

tk17

Bronze

Post by tk17 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:52 pm

Gray wrote:
tk17 wrote:Is it weird that I'm still complete?
yeah hahaha have you called them?
Nope. But maybe I should. Here I've been thinking they were jerking me around, but maybe they actually just lost my file...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Guyver

New

Post by Guyver » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:35 am

A small wave (like tiny %) of admits will be release toward end of this month/beginning of May.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:50 pm

Guyver wrote:A small wave (like tiny %) of admits will be release toward end of this month/beginning of May.
:shock:

Cpt Zapp Brannigan

New

Post by Cpt Zapp Brannigan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:11 pm

tk17 wrote:Is it weird that I'm still complete?
I'm still just "complete" too. Been in limbo since Dec.

still

Bronze

Post by still » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Guyver wrote:A small wave (like tiny %) of admits will be release toward end of this month/beginning of May.
does this include applicants that have been held or just the ones that havent heard yet

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TEM

New

Post by TEM » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Applied in November, interviewed in December; no movement since an update in February. Formally withdrew my application and requested a refund. Looks like they withdrew the app, probably won't get the refund... pretty ridiculous I had no decision after 5 months and after the first seat deposit. Shame because i invested the time and resources to apply, visit etc. Better luck to the rest of you all still waiting.

tkim88

Bronze

Post by tkim88 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:31 pm

Withdrawing. Best of luck everyone!

djbatista

New

Post by djbatista » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:24 pm

still wrote:
does this include applicants that have been held or just the ones that havent heard yet
I'd also like to know this. Got my fingers crossed!

williamsun

New

Post by williamsun » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:34 pm

Would like to know about final decisions. I guess this is gonna be as long as "How I met your mother"... "How I got rejected by NU after all these seasons and the last one is the most unendurable.."

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”