IN @ UC DAVIS!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BioLaw

Bronze

Re: IN @ UC DAVIS!!

Post by BioLaw » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:49 pm

ihatestudying wrote:OMG, can we pls stop talking about lsats? ;)

Just the memory of logic games makes me want to hurl. Some day, I will let guys know of all the trouble I went to for the LSAT in June -- only to have completely bombed it and used an earlier score! ugh. This actually motivates me to clean out my closet this wknd so I can throw out all those friggin powerscore books.
I know, sorry, but it's sort of my job to think about them. But...I will henceforth not mention the LSAT again, at least in this thread (and the CA thread).

matt79

New

Post by matt79 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:52 pm

azoraraine wrote: You guys are so awesome. Please come by the Davis Starbucks for your free coffee drinks. Those who give me logic games tips receive extra shots of espresso.
Not even free drinks could get me to drink at Charbucks. However, if you were working at Peet's... :wink:

Hopefully there will be no need, but if you do end up retaking it, I also would be more than happy to help you study, though logical reasoning is my biggest strength.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:53 pm

matt79 wrote:Not even free drinks could get me to drink at Charbucks. However, if you were working at Peet's...
Excellent point.

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:56 pm

BTW, I have a brand new Princeton Review book and like 15 new preptests AND all these Robert Montauk and Anna Ivey books if anyone needs them.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:57 pm

Ginger123 wrote:BTW, I have a brand new Princeton Review book and like 15 new preptests AND all these Robert Montauk and Anna Ivey books if anyone needs them.

Hmmm, well I AM out of toilet paper...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:58 pm

Don't give them to tmo! She'll say she's going to use them for TP, but then spend an evening with them over a bottle of wine.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:03 pm

BioLaw wrote:Don't give them to tmo! She'll say she's going to use them for TP, but then spend an evening with them over a bottle of wine.
:oops:

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:13 pm

Nah, TMO and I are going to be too busy getting trashed on free wine after our weekend shifts in the tasting room to bother with logic games.

God I miss sunshine.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:16 pm

That sounds glorious.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:11 pm

I got the place!

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:12 pm

Azo called it. Congrats!

ihatestudying

New

Post by ihatestudying » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:47 pm

I got the place!
congrats! when are you moving in? And can I ask you how you found it? was it just via craigslist or thorugh a Davis-site?

i'm nervous now. I keep browsing craigslist but I doubt I can start my lease until August...

Also biolaw - were you an lsat instructor or something? I noticed you said ' thinking about it is my job' or something like that. I could've sure used your help six months ago! :)

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:49 pm

Six months ago I was taking the LSAT too, so you didn't want my help then. And yes, I am now.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:50 pm

wait a minute, are you guys already finding housing for the fall?

isnt a little early for that?

PugPug

New

Post by PugPug » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:23 pm

gtg263r wrote:wait a minute, are you guys already finding housing for the fall?

Don't worry, it is. TMO made me have a freak out so I contacted some people in Davis and they all told me they had no problem finding a place in the summer.

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:47 pm

matt79 wrote:
azoraraine wrote: You guys are so awesome. Please come by the Davis Starbucks for your free coffee drinks. Those who give me logic games tips receive extra shots of espresso.
Not even free drinks could get me to drink at Charbucks. However, if you were working at Peet's... :wink:

Hopefully there will be no need, but if you do end up retaking it, I also would be more than happy to help you study, though logical reasoning is my biggest strength.
Matt, for you I will update my nose piercing and possibly look into botox with an eye towards a job at the downtown Peet's :D . I was using Starbuck's to illustrate the hell I will no likely be in if I fail at UCD, lol. Actually, I will probably be working a lab job on campus, so hopefully I will be buying people coffee (and baked goods) at the UCD Coffee House in exchange for logic games help.

I freaking hate that test too. I went in thinking I was going to blow it out of the water (based on my GRE score), and was truly humbled - which is fine, though, it is good to be humbled. Seem to have some sort of spatial reasoning issues (can't get my kid's shoes on the right feet, ever, for instance), that really screw me on the games. I'd personally like to know how spatial reasoning is used in the practice of law. If I were going into engineering, okay, but...

Biolaw is my inspiration in this area. If I pulled a Biolaw on the June test I might consider applying to Boalt and asking for a modification to my custody agreement. No, no - my heart belongs to Davis, honest!
Last edited by azoraraine on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:49 pm

"Pulled a BioLaw"...I like the sound of that.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:49 pm

tmo wrote:
BioLaw wrote:Don't give them to tmo! She'll say she's going to use them for TP, but then spend an evening with them over a bottle of wine.
What if she tutors me this way, and then I get used to it and need to take the test while intoxicated? Will the proctors notice a discreet hip flask?

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:53 pm

BioLaw wrote:"Pulled a BioLaw"...I like the sound of that.
I think "pulled a Biolaw" ought to become the official TLS shorthand for upping your score by more than 15 points. It's an awesome achievement! I Biolawed that December test, Dude!

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:55 pm

The funny thing is, until the LSAC changed the rules to taking only the highest score, I wasn't going to retake b/c I thought I wouldn't improve my score enough to make a difference.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:09 pm

PugPug wrote:
gtg263r wrote:wait a minute, are you guys already finding housing for the fall?

Don't worry, it is. TMO made me have a freak out so I contacted some people in Davis and they all told me they had no problem finding a place in the summer.
Aww, sorry guys :oops: Note that I am a bit crazy about shit like that. Don't listen to me, seriously. I have had some REALLY bad housing situations so if I'm in a position to get something really early and have my pick of where, I do it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:12 pm

ihatestudying wrote:
I got the place!
congrats! when are you moving in? And can I ask you how you found it? was it just via craigslist or thorugh a Davis-site?

i'm nervous now. I keep browsing craigslist but I doubt I can start my lease until August...

Also biolaw - were you an lsat instructor or something? I noticed you said ' thinking about it is my job' or something like that. I could've sure used your help six months ago! :)
IHS, I just saw it on the Davis Wiki. We went up and drove around, and it was one of the few places downtown that I marked down as worth following up on. So we called, went up the next week to see it, and put in an application. We don't move in until August 10th, and probably won't move in until about the 13th. Note that there look to be a bunch of places downtown that aren't on the Wiki, and will probably just show up on Craigslist when they are available (most likely around summer when a bunch of people are moving out).

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:12 pm

lol, you could have STILL made it into your target SCHOOLS* if they averaged. I get the sense that you're approximately 3X smarter than me, but I don't need a 177 - I need a 164. It can and will be done.

Unless I choke, and then I'm really stuck because I won't be able to take it again without a special note from the higher ups @ UCD - and, really, 3 times is too many anyway. Okay, I'm getting a little dizzy. Time for yoga! Thanks again to everyone! And congrats to tmo on the flat. It's 4 blocks from my folks'! Sweet!

*edited bc I am sleep-deprived and posting in some language other than English today, man...
Last edited by azoraraine on Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:17 pm

azoraraine wrote:It's 4 blocks from my folks'! Sweet!
Me and my juicer are very happy about that!

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:23 pm

tmo wrote:
azoraraine wrote:It's 4 blocks from my folks'! Sweet!
Me and my juicer are very happy about that!
Open to suggestions about what to plant. I have about 10 tomatoes in. We have some carrots, but my redhead is devouring them at a rapid pace. What goes in a juicer as far as summer veggies go? My oranges will be sour by the time you get here, so think of something! We will have cherries, Santa Rosa plums, (yucky) peaches, pomegranates and Pink Lady apples, though!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”