IN @ UC DAVIS!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cantstop

New

Re: IN @ UC DAVIS!!

Post by cantstop » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:20 am

Bsoo wrote:I actually loved the asd at Davis- and people were super honest and one current student recommended I still seriously consider Lewis and Clark. That said, the alums I met at lunch were much more eager to tell me Davis was way better than going to GW :D
Agreed. I loved it. Totally informative, not too long, really nice down-to-earth students, beautiful weather, nice campus-- what more could you want?

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:28 am

If any of y'all get set on UCD, some of us have created a facebook group "UC Davis School of Law (King Hall) Class of 2012"

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:43 am

SoftBoiledLife wrote:If any of y'all get set on UCD, some of us have created a facebook group "UC Davis School of Law (King Hall) Class of 2012"
Why do I instantly get called out on my geographic origins every time I say y'all? It seems to be a pretty widespread thing.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:24 am

swheat wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:If any of y'all get set on UCD, some of us have created a facebook group "UC Davis School of Law (King Hall) Class of 2012"
Why do I instantly get called out on my geographic origins every time I say y'all? It seems to be a pretty widespread thing.
Yeah I was born in San Diego and I still say it, but I also call soda "pop" sometimes too. I like to mix up my lingo and keep people guessing.

On topic: I hope those of you still waiting get the good news this week! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

trancerz3

New

Post by trancerz3 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:01 pm

What's an ordinary grant at UC Davis? Anybody get their award package yet? They do like to take their time over there...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:06 pm

Just some random information: I just called regarding being 'under evaluation' for two months, and was told they hope to have all decisions out by the end of this month. As of really soon, they will be changing their deposit deadline to three weeks after acceptance.

oopivyoo

New

Post by oopivyoo » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:45 pm

trancerz3 wrote:What's an ordinary grant at UC Davis? Anybody get their award package yet? They do like to take their time over there...
Grants are based on how poor you are (or how poor your taxes say you were last year). I think the average is about 7k-9k, but if you are exceptionally poor and have a family or dependents it can go as high as 15k a year (that's the highest I have heard about).

oopivyoo

New

Post by oopivyoo » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:47 pm

emoticons777 wrote:Just some random information: I just called regarding being 'under evaluation' for two months, and was told they hope to have all decisions out by the end of this month. As of really soon, they will be changing their deposit deadline to three weeks after acceptance.
Yup, that's what they did last year too. Towards the middle to end of this month pretty much everyone will know of their status.

rosieposie

New

Post by rosieposie » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:58 pm

emoticons777 wrote:Just some random information: I just called regarding being 'under evaluation' for two months, and was told they hope to have all decisions out by the end of this month. As of really soon, they will be changing their deposit deadline to three weeks after acceptance.
yes also just called and spoke to a very nice woman who told me the same thing (but she didnt mention anything about extended deposit deadline). she seemed apologetic because shes clearly aware that most of us have other deadlines coming up on the 15th, but said that the office is working hard and is releasing decisions daily.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:07 pm

rosieposie wrote:
yes also just called and spoke to a very nice woman who told me the same thing (but she didnt mention anything about extended deposit deadline). she seemed apologetic because shes clearly aware that most of us have other deadlines coming up on the 15th, but said that the office is working hard and is releasing decisions daily.
I hope this computer glitch doesn't bone Davis's yield (i.e. they took too long to process apps due to a tech error, then they accept a lot of people after 4/15, but those people had already committed--financially and mentally--to going somewhere else). These guys need to hurry up and give y'all the good news pronto!

Lior

New

Post by Lior » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:28 am

rosieposie wrote:
My admit letter (dated March 27th) gave me a April 17th response deadline, so Davis took my later admit date into account.

Edit: After counting the days (which took an embarrassingly long time), it looks like Davis has started that 3 weeks post-acceptance policy. But you guys, unlike me, probably figured that out already.

nmoor1501

New

Post by nmoor1501 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Am I the only one who waits until "6:00:20 p.m." to check the status checker?

nmoor1501

New

Post by nmoor1501 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:01 pm

Damn, today is not the day :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DCDeckard

New

Post by DCDeckard » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:03 pm

Not mine either. LoL, checking the status page is like hoping you win the lottery.

rosieposie

New

Post by rosieposie » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:05 pm

so glad i'm not the only one... but i have to wait until 9:00:20.
and it's still not my time to know, i guess.

Whitty

Bronze

Post by Whitty » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:23 am

Still nothing for me.

Geez, why do I even bother checking anymore??

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:01 am

Whitty wrote:Still nothing for me.

Supposedly some computer glitch wrecked hell on their application processing this cycle and they are tardy left and right. It took me like 4 months to get my app processed, so I'm sure you'll hear something soon. Maybe even today (I got the news on a Thursday IIRC). Good luck, Whitty, it would be awesome if you got into UCD!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Whitty

Bronze

Post by Whitty » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:29 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:

Supposedly some computer glitch wrecked hell on their application processing this cycle and they are tardy left and right. It took me like 4 months to get my app processed, so I'm sure you'll hear something soon. Maybe even today (I got the news on a Thursday IIRC). Good luck, Whitty, it would be awesome if you got into UCD!
I hope so! Maybe the "glitch" just deleted my entire file and they haven't noticed yet. I wouldn't be surprised. :oops:

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:41 pm

You can always call to "verify that everything is on file" and just see what they tell you.

cantstop

New

Post by cantstop » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:50 pm

Whitty wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:

I hope so! Maybe the "glitch" just deleted my entire file and they haven't noticed yet. I wouldn't be surprised. :oops:
If you're able to check your status and it has your contact info and LORs, I doubt that is the problem. I hope they can speed through everyone's files at this point so that you all get answers. This is frustrating! I was part of the 6:00:20 club for several months too... it can be infuriating. I feel your pain.

I'm still waiting for several schools for which I'm well above the 75th %ile... and its even more frustrating (I think) because these school have no online status check. UCLA (which was a super-reach for me, granted) didn't even send me any notification that my file was complete!

aquarium_drinker

New

Post by aquarium_drinker » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:10 pm

Keep faith alive, guys.

I spoke to a student on the admissions committee last week. He told me that they still have piles of applications to process, but they should be through them soon.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:29 pm

aquarium_drinker wrote:Keep faith alive, guys.

I spoke to a student on the admissions committee last week. He told me that they still have piles of applications to process, but they should be through them soon.
I want to cry. Piles??

Whitty

Bronze

Post by Whitty » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:30 pm

Ohhhh "evaluation in progress."

Yes!! It might not end up being a positive decision but hey, at least soon there will be a decision!

rlktntdrmr

New

Post by rlktntdrmr » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:32 pm

Whitty wrote:Ohhhh "evaluation in progress."

Yes!! It might not end up being a positive decision but hey, at least soon there will be a decision!

in the same boat.

nmoor1501

New

Post by nmoor1501 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:42 pm

I am rubbing my hands together. I feel like I am playing roulette.

Come on, status checker... be my lucky day

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”