IN @ UC DAVIS!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Splitt3r

Bronze

Re: IN @ UC DAVIS!!

Post by Splitt3r » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:18 am

You want it so bad, you'd give something you don't even have. lol. Well, I'm living near In n' Out, which on one hand is a great location, but on the other hand I'm probably going to get fat :cry:

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:22 am

I would give up my non-existant nut AND get fat for a scholarship. Loans aren't fun. In'N'Out is great study food anyway.

aquarium_drinker

New

Post by aquarium_drinker » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:11 pm

I'm curious about UCD scholarships. Davis is one of my top choice schools, and I'd like to approximate how much scholarship money I'll receive if I'm accepted with my final GPA and target LSAT score. (3.6/mid 170's)

So I humbly put the following questions forward to those of you who got into UCD with scholarship money:

a) Your stats
b) Amount offered
c) Any other relevant information / advice on maximizing my scholarship

Thanks, everyone. Congratulations again.

oopivyoo

New

Post by oopivyoo » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:16 pm

I didnt get any scholarship $ (3.82/ 160) but I did get quite a bit in grants. I know alot of people get grant money and from what I have read they usually give about 9K to 15K per year. While its not a "scholarship", it doesnt have to be paid back so its just as good. I'm pretty sure the grants are based solely on need, so if you had a low income based on you tax records for 2007 (or 2008 if your applying for 2009) you have a good chance at getting a really good grant. Looking at LSN it doesnt seem like Davis gives out nearly as much scholarships as some of the other private schools or UC schools for that matter. With numbers like yours you will def. have a good shot at getting scholarships, but you might try looking at LSN to compare what others got around you numbers.

GOB

New

Post by GOB » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:26 am

Hey everyone, just got accepted off the waitlist. Who's looking for a roomate?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kirscat1

New

Post by kirscat1 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:41 am

GOB wrote:Hey everyone, just got accepted off the waitlist. Who's looking for a roomate?

Congrats GOB!!!

Yea, I'll be up in Davis looking at places this weekend.

valrp

New

Post by valrp » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:24 am

tmo wrote:I would give up my non-existant nut AND get fat for a scholarship. Loans aren't fun. In'N'Out is great study food anyway.
I just came in to check on GOB and saw this. I LOVE in n out. Mmmmmm...

Congrats GOB!!!!!!!

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:27 pm

Wow, excellent! See you in the fall!

senorsombrero

New

Post by senorsombrero » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:34 pm

W000

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

windslashz

New

Post by windslashz » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:51 am

Sorry for bumping this thread now, but I am so curious as to who is who now...?

CWF V

New

Post by CWF V » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:24 am

I'm in!

I heard back the night before the night before Christmas! I'm stoked. I love Davis and it's one of my top choices.

Note: My numbers were right around their 75th percentile.

windslashz

New

Post by windslashz » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:39 pm

Congratulations future 1L!

jawsome

New

Post by jawsome » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:36 pm

I just got an email today saying my application is complete and now going to review. I applied about 5 weeks ago...they're pretty slow.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

GOB

New

Post by GOB » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:57 pm

jawsome wrote:I just got an email today saying my application is complete and now going to review. I applied about 5 weeks ago...they're pretty slow.
Yeah, Wind and I didn't get their decisions about us until June, but we didn't apply until January.

*edited for clarity

jawsome

New

Post by jawsome » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:39 pm

GOB wrote:
jawsome wrote:I just got an email today saying my application is complete and now going to review. I applied about 5 weeks ago...they're pretty slow.
Yeah, Wind and I didn't get their decisions about us until June, but we didn't apply until January.

*edited for clarity
Thanks for the info. It's bizarre because all the other UC's are so prompt. I'm not concerned, though, because I won't be going to UCD.

luckygehrig

New

Post by luckygehrig » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:35 pm

/
Last edited by luckygehrig on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kimins

New

Post by kimins » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:45 pm

congrats! i got my acceptance on saturday too...it wasnt my usual postman but some other one who just left it randomly near my house..so RUDE..luckily my mom noticed the package and turned it around to look and voila! I also have a hard time leaving the bay area.....i'm still waiting for ucla (got rejected from boalt a day b4 i got my davis letter) but am SUPER happy about davis.....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

darkarmour

Bronze

Post by darkarmour » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:50 pm

In via status checker site.

Decision: 2/04/09. Numbers: 172/3.44.

nmca

New

Post by nmca » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:55 pm

kimins wrote:congrats! i got my acceptance on saturday too...it wasnt my usual postman but some other one who just left it randomly near my house..so RUDE..luckily my mom noticed the package and turned it around to look and voila! I also have a hard time leaving the bay area.....i'm still waiting for ucla (got rejected from boalt a day b4 i got my davis letter) but am SUPER happy about davis.....
Congrats! Any chance you let us know what your numbers are?

I want Davis so bad, but am still in review according to status checker. I also just got rejected by Boalt. 168/3.35 btw.

luckygehrig

New

Post by luckygehrig » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:59 pm

/

kimins

New

Post by kimins » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:02 am

nmca wrote:
kimins wrote:congrats! i got my acceptance on saturday too...it wasnt my usual postman but some other one who just left it randomly near my house..so RUDE..luckily my mom noticed the package and turned it around to look and voila! I also have a hard time leaving the bay area.....i'm still waiting for ucla (got rejected from boalt a day b4 i got my davis letter) but am SUPER happy about davis.....
Congrats! Any chance you let us know what your numbers are?

I want Davis so bad, but am still in review according to status checker. I also just got rejected by Boalt. 168/3.35 btw.
my grades were in the 75th percentile and lsat was in the 25th percentile for ucd...your lsat is higher than mine so id say just wait and dont panic, i know it's hard but theres nothing you can do but wait

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kimins

New

Post by kimins » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:06 am

luckygehrig wrote: Congrats to you as well!

thank you :mrgreen: ...feels great after all that hard work especially since boalt sent me a rejection letter the day b4, i was kinda down...now im happy

LACatholic

New

Post by LACatholic » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:55 pm

I saw via the status checker that I got in (and then logged into the admitted students website). It took about a week to receive my acceptance letter from Davis. I'm 3.56/158.

luckygehrig

New

Post by luckygehrig » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:39 am

/

LACatholic

New

Post by LACatholic » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:22 pm

yeah the student blogs they have on there are interesting ... I found it much more helpful than the packet that they sent me with my acceptance letter. The packet assumes that you're going to accept your offer w/out giving you more information about the school to help you make your decision.

luckygehrig wrote:
LACatholic wrote:I saw via the status checker that I got in (and then logged into the admitted students website). It took about a week to receive my acceptance letter from Davis. I'm 3.56/158.

I had no idea about the Admitted Student's site. Thanks for pointing that out.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”