IN @ UC DAVIS!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tmo

Bronze

Re: IN @ UC DAVIS!!

Post by tmo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:14 pm

Congrats Gavin!!! How long did your status checker say "evaluation in progress"?

niner3030

New

Post by niner3030 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:19 pm

What is going on with the admitted students site? Mid-Jan?

harshdadude

New

Post by harshdadude » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:02 pm

How long were you guys "Application File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation "??

I've been on this for like 2 weeks now...

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:09 pm

harshdadude wrote:How long were you guys "Application File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation "??
I was on it since 12/10, just switched to "evaluation in progress" last Friday. Would hope things will move quicker now that applications aren't coming in (as of tomorrow) and there is no holiday break.

valrp

New

Post by valrp » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:06 pm

congrats on all of the acceptances!

I have heard so many great things about UC Davis!! I hope I get in :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:07 pm

If I get into Davis, I will withdraw all other apps. I really want to go there.

snlink

New

Post by snlink » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:32 pm

Mine has been on Evaluation in progress for a couple days now as well, hopefully an acceptance soon! If anyone has any questions about the campus or town feel free to PM me, I was there for 4 years!

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:06 pm

Bringing this baby back up, as I think Davis is finally reviewing apps and sending out acceptances. I'm in!

SouVitor

New

Post by SouVitor » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:16 pm

Congrats!

I hope they are reviewing more applications... mine has been sitting in "awaiting evaluation" since early December.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sjk

Bronze

Post by sjk » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:26 pm

harshdadude wrote:How long were you guys "Application File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation "??

I've been on this for like 2 weeks now...

FOREVER. Seriously.

valrp

New

Post by valrp » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:09 am

SouVitor wrote:Congrats!

I hope they are reviewing more applications... mine has been sitting in "awaiting evaluation" since early December.

Me too. Doesn't bode well.

kevsocko

New

Post by kevsocko » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:21 pm

why is hastings so much faster than Davis? I applied on the same day and already got my acceptance from H, but D is still "awaiting evaluation" a stage that seems to take at least a month

whenpigsfly

New

Post by whenpigsfly » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:03 pm

valrp wrote:
SouVitor wrote:Congrats!

Me too. Doesn't bode well.
Me three. I've been there since early December too. I'm not feeling too good about it either. But it will be refreshing to see it change to "evaluation in process."

IF IT EVER HAPPENS.

Oh, and congrats tmo!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jojo

New

Post by Jojo » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:47 pm

Congrats to all of you! Davis is amazing. I am just an undergrad, but if you have any questions about the town (places to live, etc.) let me know. I love it here and will rave about it forever. Also, the few law students I have talked to seem to really like it here. I know a guy who transferred from Hastings and says he likes it a lot more because everyone is really laid back and helpful.

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:02 am

In! Via status checker tonight at 11pm EST.

Aside from my safety choice (Catholic University, PT program in DC), Davis is my first acceptance and I'm really excited. I grew up in SoCal and have been living in DC for the last five years so its great to have a CA option. Also, I went to high school in CA so apparently I also get in-state tuition!! Sweet.

Hoping they give me lots of $$!

Didn't think much about Davis at the beginning of the cycle but now I'm really stoked!

Seeing as how I'm an "older" student (will be 27 when I start), anyone know if there are older students at the law school?

DodgerDan

New

Post by DodgerDan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:44 pm

Ginger123 wrote: Seeing as how I'm an "older" student (will be 27 when I start), anyone know if there are older students at the law school?
I went to Davis for undergrad and loved it there. I actually had a friend who went with me to undergrad and then went to the Law School. (She was a few yrs older than me.) I met a lot of her friends and they tended to be "older" so I would say the school is "Older student" friendly and will be in good company. Davis is an awesome school and awesome city with a very low cost of living. Congrats. If you have any questions about the town, let me know.

Faye Valentine

New

Post by Faye Valentine » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:03 pm

Where are some good & affordable places to live in Davis, that are within walking / biking distance of campus?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:05 pm

I will be attending there in the fall and I am 28 (and will be when I start). The few people I have met through TLS that are going there seem to be older as well... I wonder if that is more than a coincidence.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:05 pm

Faye Valentine wrote:Where are some good & affordable places to live in Davis, that are within walking / biking distance of campus?
Very interested in the answer to this question too - I'm going up there next weekend to find a place (apparently this is the time to get one), so any advice would be really appreciated!

portblazer

New

Post by portblazer » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:09 pm

Just to add my own 2 cents to this thread, I recently drove up to Davis from LA to check out the law school and the city, and I must admit that I was pretty impressed with both. Although my chances of slipping in are slim, it was nice to know that if I get in elsewhere I could always transfer to UCD. The city reminds me a lot of where I went freshman year for undergrad (University of Oregon in Eugene)...very much a college town with coffee shops, hippies and inspired students. Unless you're incapable of living outside of a major city, I can't fathom anyone not liking Davis.

DodgerDan

New

Post by DodgerDan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:16 pm

Everywhere is pretty affordable. I lived in a two-bedroom apartment in Downtown Davis, 10 minute walk from campus, bars, restaurant etc. and paid $460/month ($920) total for the two bed room and did not share a room! You'll find the average price is between $450-550 depending on where you live. South Davis tends to be more expensive and it is kind of out of the way but the apartments there are newer and have nice facilities. I recommend living in Downtown which is the heart of the city but if you want to be away from the "hooplaw" west and north davis are nice and really affordable.

Check out daviswiki.org and type in housing and their will be a lot of good info.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:19 pm

By the way, I LOVE that the have a wiki. All college towns could really use this.

Thanks for the info dodgerdan - how "out of the way" is south davis? On bike/walking? I wouldn't mind something "nicer", but if it's over 15 minutes on bike I'll probably opt for something else.

DodgerDan

New

Post by DodgerDan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:25 pm

depending how far south you go will determine the time. If you live on the cusp of downtown and south davis by the In-N-Out in Lexington apartments, it will probalby be a 10-15 minute bike ride to the law school. But if you live over by or past poleline/covell by the Safeway, I'd say more like 25-35 minute bike ride.

J_

New

Post by J_ » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:53 pm

Congrats! AAHHHHHH I'm really hoping to hear back from them in a positive manner.

Outlawed

New

Post by Outlawed » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:54 am

UC Davis is a great school. Congrats!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”