IN @ UC DAVIS!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ginger123

New

Re: IN @ UC DAVIS!!

Post by Ginger123 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:29 pm

Ugh August I hear ya about moving back to CA from the East Coast. Im in DC, have lived here for five years and have been in my apartment for three. Its going to be the biggest pain transporting my stuff, my dog and my car back home to LA and then NorCal if I end up at Davis. That said, I would sacrafice a lot for good produce....

Az, I heart meat but dont worry, I'll make sure to make something yummy for the vegetarians (I'm sure there are mannny in Davis). Maybe a red lentil stew and a salad with with granny smith apples, toasted walnuts, Point Reyes bleu cheese and dried cranberries? (My dinner tonight)

And I'll make fun dinners for the babies!

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:31 pm

im coming from atlanta to davis...

im most likely roadtripping across the u.s. before i go & settle in davis

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:36 pm

Ginger123 wrote:Maybe a red lentil stew and a salad with with granny smith apples, toasted walnuts, Point Reyes bleu cheese and dried cranberries? (My dinner tonight)
Damn Ginger, you eat well for a Wednesday night! Definitely coming to your dinners!

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:37 pm

Ginger123 wrote:Ugh August I hear ya about moving back to CA from the East Coast. Im in DC, have lived here for five years and have been in my apartment for three. Its going to be the biggest pain transporting my stuff, my dog and my car back home to LA and then NorCal if I end up at Davis. That said, I would sacrafice a lot for good produce....

Az, I heart meat but dont worry, I'll make sure to make something yummy for the vegetarians (I'm sure there are mannny in Davis). Maybe a red lentil stew and a salad with with granny smith apples, toasted walnuts, Point Reyes bleu cheese and dried cranberries? (My dinner tonight)

Do you know why I am not getting in to Davis? Because everyone else is just nicer and cooks better than I do, lol. And I'm going to be okay with that.

I have a big garden, so I can at least contribute the entertainment (children) and veggies;-)

augustlights

New

Post by augustlights » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:38 pm

Ginger123 wrote:Ugh August I hear ya about moving back to CA from the East Coast. Im in DC, have lived here for five years and have been in my apartment for three. Its going to be the biggest pain transporting my stuff, my dog and my car back home to LA and then NorCal if I end up at Davis. That said, I would sacrafice a lot for good produce....

Haha...funny! i've been in NYC for 5 years...and am originally from LA too,. Too bad our stuff can't share a truck lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

brizz9

Bronze

Post by brizz9 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:45 pm

Ginger123 wrote: Did you know Davis has a place on campus called the Meat Lab where they raise and butcher naturally fed happy livestock and sell it to the public for cheap??
Happy right until the moment the bolt gets driven into their head.

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:48 pm

August how terrible and expensive is fruit right now? I've been getting my fruit intake from smoothies since the start of Feb (I got sick of expensive cruddy Chilean berries). Anyways, now you're TOTALLY gonna go to Davis....We have too much in common.

Az, dont give up hope yet. Also I've spent the last 6 months babysitting a LOT so I could watch the babies for you!

TMO, yeah I eat pretty well but then again I run a persnal chef business part-time. Then again, I eat a lot of take out and mac n cheese too. It just depends on my mood.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:51 pm

Ginger123 wrote:August how terrible and expensive is fruit right now? I've been getting my fruit intake from smoothies since the start of Feb (I got sick of expensive cruddy Chilean berries). Anyways, now you're TOTALLY gonna go to Davis....We have too much in common.

Az, dont give up hope yet. Also I've spent the last 6 months babysitting a LOT so I could watch the babies for you!

TMO, yeah I eat pretty well but then again I run a persnal chef business part-time. Then again, I eat a lot of take out and mac n cheese too. It just depends on my mood.
Is it possible that someone on the ad comm at Davis is a foodie? I used to be a chef too (pastry) and then managed a catering department for a while. I eat an embarrassing amount of Trader Joes frozen food these days due to laziness, but still try to make something exciting once a week or so. MMM, point reyes blue...

And AZ, ALL about your garden. YOu provide cute babies and veggies, we'll take care of the rest.

augustlights

New

Post by augustlights » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:52 pm

sometimes...this thread gets me so excited...I forget they haven't accepted me yet lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:54 pm

augustlights wrote:sometimes...this thread gets me so excited...I forget they haven't accepted me yet lol
When did you go complete August?

augustlights

New

Post by augustlights » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:00 pm

umm...I don't know haha. I applied beginning of December.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:28 pm

Hmm well, I applied a month earlier and was complete by then, so you still have some time. That is, if there is an order to this anyway. Davis is notoriously late.

Is anyone going to the ASD on March 15th?

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:47 pm

i think im gonna go to the april 12 one,

i appreciate that theyre on weekends

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

augustlights

New

Post by augustlights » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:39 pm

gtg263r wrote:i think im gonna go to the april 12 one,

i appreciate that theyre on weekends
Yes! i would love to visit a lot of schools...but I can't really take a million Fridays off work :/

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:15 pm

I may try to do March but then again I may just swing through on my own and check it out. I have to move out of my apartment in 6 weeks so this is just hectic bad timing!

kevsocko

New

Post by kevsocko » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:17 pm

i feel like checking the davis status every day is some of the most futile consistent activity of my life

brizz9

Bronze

Post by brizz9 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:35 pm

I'm still awaiting evaluation.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

whenpigsfly

New

Post by whenpigsfly » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:16 am

Still awaiting evaluation too... but I'd love to come to the dinner parties! I really can only make dessert, so I've got that covered.

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:35 am

This is what makes Davis so appealing: Do you notice how nice and soothing our thread is? It makes me feel like there will be less aggravatingly contrary people at Davis. There are some schools I started the cycle really wanting to go to but then went on to have second thoughts after meeting the students and admitted folks.

portblazer

New

Post by portblazer » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:03 am

I don't know if anyone else is in this boat, but I thought I would write about what happened to me today for therapeutic reasons:

Quite excitedly I pulled out a large envelope from Davis this evening only to find the paper application I had sent before the Feb. 1st deadline. I believe I sent the application on Jan. 24th. Attached was an apology informing me that: "UC Davis Law School is not accepting hard-copy applications for the 2007-2008 admission season. Our electronic application was deactivated at midnight on February 1, therefore no option exists for you to submit the electronic application at this time. I regret that you did not find the information provided at the law school website and in our viewbook explaining the all-electronic process."

My question is, "Why offer an application form that can be both downloaded and printed if you are not accepting paper applications?" Furthermore, why not print this "electronic application exclusive" rule directly on the application itself where the rest of the pertinent application info is located? It seems like a logical question. I feel cheated. This was a school I was very fond of, and my trip to Davis last weekend specifically to see the law school and get a feel for the town obviously feels like a complete waste now. The finality to the tone of the paper is discouraging but I do feel as if I still need to speak to an admissions rep about this issue.

augustlights

New

Post by augustlights » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:48 am

portblazer wrote:I don't know if anyone else is in this boat, but I thought I would write about what happened to me today for therapeutic reasons:

Quite excitedly I pulled out a large envelope from Davis this evening only to find the paper application I had sent before the Feb. 1st deadline. I believe I sent the application on Jan. 24th. Attached was an apology informing me that: "UC Davis Law School is not accepting hard-copy applications for the 2007-2008 admission season. Our electronic application was deactivated at midnight on February 1, therefore no option exists for you to submit the electronic application at this time. I regret that you did not find the information provided at the law school website and in our viewbook explaining the all-electronic process."

My question is, "Why offer an application form that can be both downloaded and printed if you are not accepting paper applications?" Furthermore, why not print this "electronic application exclusive" rule directly on the application itself where the rest of the pertinent application info is located? It seems like a logical question. I feel cheated. This was a school I was very fond of, and my trip to Davis last weekend specifically to see the law school and get a feel for the town obviously feels like a complete waste now. The finality to the tone of the paper is discouraging but I do feel as if I still need to speak to an admissions rep about this issue.
Wow. That's really harsh. :/ I can't comment on how "obvious" it was that you had to apply online...since I just sent all of my apps online..but hopefully you can get someone in the admissions office to give you a second chance.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:51 am

August, are you sick of the cold and wind? Cuz I am. What part of LA are you from? My parents live near Long Beach and the lil bro just graduated from Irvine.

augustlights

New

Post by augustlights » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:05 pm

Ginger123 wrote:August, are you sick of the cold and wind? Cuz I am. What part of LA are you from? My parents live near Long Beach and the lil bro just graduated from Irvine.
I'm actually from Palos Verdes (but I promise I'm not a rich, stuck-up PVer!!)...but my mom is the environmental counsel for the Port of Long Beach, so I've spent lots of time down there!

And yes, I'm dead sick of the weather. It wasn't so bad at first...but now...I just need to RUN AWAY haha. Until Davis gets back to me...Loyola is looking mighty good lol.

I also love how I'm so certain UCLA/USC will reject me, I don't even count them in my mental list of potential schools.

Ginger123

New

Post by Ginger123 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:13 pm

I dont know if I could have handled living in LA for law school. My parents are there, I grew up there and yet its changed so much I hardly recognize it. That, and I think I'm just more of a Northern CA person in general.

In fact, even moving away from DC and the East Coast kinda makes me nervous. I wonder if it will be really hard to readjust to the Golden State?

augustlights

New

Post by augustlights » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:19 pm

Ginger123 wrote:I dont know if I could have handled living in LA for law school. My parents are there, I grew up there and yet its changed so much I hardly recognize it. That, and I think I'm just more of a Northern CA person in general.

In fact, even moving away from DC and the East Coast kinda makes me nervous. I wonder if it will be really hard to readjust to the Golden State?
Yeah, I wonder about the adjustment too. I hate the cold...but I know the minute I leave NYC, I'm going to miss it like crazy. I spent the 4 years before this working in-house at a Broadway theater and I just love the arts/theater scene here. I see a Broadway show at least once a week, and I love being a subway ride away from anything. I even sort of like the seasons changing. :oops:

That said, I know I don't want to raise a family here. I don't want to live in the NYC suburbs, and I've never want to raise a family in the city.

I'm hoping for Davis bc I really hate the city of San Francisco (weird, I know), but I do love the Davis area (my mom went there for undergrad, and my aunt lives there now). I just hope I'm not putting too much stock in the greatness of CA haha.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”