IN @ UC DAVIS!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
snap

New

Re: IN @ UC DAVIS!!

Post by snap » Wed May 07, 2008 12:35 am

Sangria party could be at Aioli, the local Spanish/Tapas place in downtown Davis! Frankly, the place is a bit overrated, but that's the only Spanish place in town I can think of.

It might be better to have some WikiWackyWoos at Bar Bernardo!
(http://daviswiki.org/WikiWackyWoo)

azoraraine

New

Post by azoraraine » Wed May 07, 2008 12:56 am

windslashz wrote:I just got accepted today wooohoo so excited! Now where's that sangria party at?

CONGRATS, WINDSLASHZ!!!

matt79

New

Post by matt79 » Wed May 07, 2008 1:55 am

Congrats!

senorsombrero

New

Post by senorsombrero » Wed May 07, 2008 4:30 am

Woo I just got in too! (applied at Deadline) IS there that much aid money left?

GOB

New

Post by GOB » Wed May 07, 2008 10:13 am

senorsombrero wrote:Woo I just got in too! (applied at Deadline) IS there that much aid money left?
What are your numbers? I'm still under eval.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

matt79

New

Post by matt79 » Wed May 07, 2008 12:05 pm

senorsombrero wrote:Woo I just got in too! (applied at Deadline) IS there that much aid money left?
Congratulations! My understanding is that as long as you completed the FAFSA and NeedAccess before the deadline (March 2, I believe), there is money. If you did not fill out both forms before the deadline there would only be loans available, but you could get grants the following year if you fill out the 09-10 forms on time.

snap

New

Post by snap » Wed May 07, 2008 12:08 pm

By the way, future Davis folks: http://www.daviswiki.org is a super useful website that has everything and anything you need to know about the town of Davis: restaurants, bars, fitness, neighborhoods, shopping, etc. Take a look, is pretty sweet.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed May 07, 2008 12:11 pm

Nice, congrats you guys! Hope to see you next year!!

senorsombrero

New

Post by senorsombrero » Wed May 07, 2008 2:38 pm

GOB wrote:
What are your numbers? I'm still under eval.

3.55 (3.7 Degree) 163,
No real spectacular softs except transfering from a state school to a UC/good grade trends.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

misterstroma

New

Post by misterstroma » Thu May 08, 2008 12:14 am

It has been 90 days since I went complete 2-8. Monday my online status changed to "evaluation in progress".

3.4 GPA, 166 LSAT. Not stellar, but good for Davis (I thought.) Looong time.

windslashz

New

Post by windslashz » Thu May 08, 2008 3:19 am

You should get it dude, I was 3.2 166. Good Luck!

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Thu May 08, 2008 1:31 pm

Has anyone done anything with the financial aid award aside from just stare at it? It says that we can't accept until mid-June... so I guess we just wait?

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Thu May 08, 2008 2:02 pm

phew, thats great news

i completely forgot about finaid

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

oopivyoo

New

Post by oopivyoo » Fri May 09, 2008 2:29 am

I called the finaid department to double check and they said "don't do anything until Jun 16th. We will send out an e-mail to everyone then and you can complete the finaid package." So I guess we all just get a chance to chill and worry about gettin the 500 bucks to pay for the second seat deposit unitl then.

ihatestudying

New

Post by ihatestudying » Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm

I went ahead and filled out the master promissory note for the stafford and PLUS loans (there's a link to it on the finaid package site -- the MPN is actually on the Dept. of Ed site somewhere). I might be out of the country for awhile, so I just wanted to make sure I got a headstart on all the law school admin stuff before I take off. The whole finaid page is kind of confusing though, in my opinion.

gtg - i feel you about the housing. I'm trying to figure out from cross-country too, and it seems like those sac places offer you more for your money! Thanks for mentioning about the Yolo bus to Sac, Snap. I was trying to figure out whether that's acrtually a do-able commute, though on whole, I'd much rather live in Davis if I manage to find something there.

Congrats, Windslashz! I can never spell your name right. I keep wanting to write, windshlaz. I should take a nap.

oopivyoo

New

Post by oopivyoo » Mon May 12, 2008 9:29 pm

Does anyone know if there are any after school programs in Davis at the elementary schools (ie. daycare). Ive been pawing over the sights and havent seen anything. This would be very bad as the kindergarden classes only go from 8-11!

gomightyreds

New

Post by gomightyreds » Fri May 16, 2008 8:09 pm

Hi all,

New to this board and thread. It took me almost all day at work to catch up and read all the 30+ pages of posts. I was accepted to Davis back at the end of April and just flew out this past weekend with my SO to scope out the area. We would be moving from Boston, where I've spent the last 7 years working and enjoying the big city after undergrad so the quality of life is a big deal for us. Anyway, all to say that we love the campus and the vibe and we are planning on living in midtown Sacramento. Very similar vibe to Boston (on a smaller scale) where you can walk to restaurants, shops, and lots of revitalization going on. My deposit has been paid so add us to the list of attendees for any sort of sangria/food adventures.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Fri May 16, 2008 9:57 pm

cograts + welcome

ihatestudying

New

Post by ihatestudying » Sun May 18, 2008 4:57 pm

congrats! of curiousity, are you planning on biking or driving to campus from Sac? I'm still trying to debate whether Sac is a realistic option for commuting. we'll only have one car, and I'm a bad bicyclist, so...

gomightyreds

New

Post by gomightyreds » Sun May 18, 2008 5:47 pm

I'll be driving most of the time, even though we only have one car as well. The other option I know about is Amtrak which seems a little better than the once a day Yolo Bus. It leaves from downtown Sac and rolls into Davis with departures every 30-45 mins or so. Single rides are $7 each way but you can get a 10 ride pass for $40ish. It's a good backup option if the car is unavailable for some reason.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Sun May 18, 2008 5:53 pm

Congrats gomightyreds! I too am 7 years out, with one car that I share with my SO :) We opted to live in downtown Davis though because of the shorter commute and the fact that my biking "skills" are good enough to get me 10 minutes in to campus, but not really to get me in from any real distance. That said, I wish I was more of a trekker because the prices in Sacto are sooo tempting!
By the way, I met another crew of King Hall grads at a BBQ last night and I must say, they must put something in the water there. All the alums I have met have been so incredibly friendly!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gomightyreds

New

Post by gomightyreds » Mon May 19, 2008 4:41 pm

The proximity of living in downtown Davis would be nice, but feel that living in midtown Sacramento is worth the of commuting with one car. It is similar to our environs here in Boston and I have always been a city boy so having roots in Sactown will help me maintain a sense of balance over the next 3 years. And we will host our fair share of food/wine evenings at our house to give the Davis dwellers a change of pace.

It's great to see how friendly and diverse the Davis Law community really seems to be and am excited to meet everyone and get started. We're actually moving from Boston at the end of June so we can have a month or so to settle in and explore.

kirscat1

New

Post by kirscat1 » Mon May 19, 2008 5:13 pm

tmo wrote:Nice - well congratulations and I'm sure that if you end up attending there you'll be happy. I've heard nothing but good things from recent alum. And even if it is in the boondocks, I'd personally prefer to live there wayyyyyy more than anywhere in the So Cal area.
I second this (except for maybe Pepperdine)

senorsombrero

New

Post by senorsombrero » Tue May 20, 2008 2:26 am

W000, i just put down my deposit. Has everyone already found housing/anyone looking for a roomate?

windslashz

New

Post by windslashz » Tue May 20, 2008 3:56 am

I am looking for housing and a room mate. I am going to go check the place out this Friday, in the afternoon. Maybe, I could drop by and visit someone. If you want to go get a drink with me, I will be there with my girlfriend, it would be fun.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”