IN @ UC DAVIS!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ihatestudying

New

Re: IN @ UC DAVIS!!

Post by ihatestudying » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:44 pm

it's going to cost $50K less to go to Davis,
That's a lot of savings, biolaw... :shock: congrats!!! (pending finaid verification which I'm sure is coming "soon" :))

I remember them saying something about getting a special davis email and password to log into the finaid site. They said they'd email it when it's available... I could be getting my school's mixed up though. In any case, not a peep yet.

brizz9

Bronze

Post by brizz9 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:04 pm

I was able to login into the financial aid site last night. It's a long, confusing process, and I don't really remember how I did it. I think you try logging in and it tells you that if you are an admitted student you need to click on computer services and create a login and password.

Wait, here's that page where you create your login: https://computingaccounts.ucdavis.edu/c ... /index.cgi

Oh, but when I logged in, it didn't have my award in there yet.

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:07 pm

Was your award information on the site once you managed to get logged in?

Never mind.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:21 pm

brizz9 wrote:I was able to login into the financial aid site last night. It's a long, confusing process, and I don't really remember how I did it. I think you try logging in and it tells you that if you are an admitted student you need to click on computer services and create a login and password.

Wait, here's that page where you create your login: https://computingaccounts.ucdavis.edu/c ... /index.cgi

Oh, but when I logged in, it didn't have my award in there yet.
Is your log-in your student ID though?

dangerzone10

New

Post by dangerzone10 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:24 pm

Can somebody tell me what is going on with Davis' admitted student website? Everytime I click on the link on the left-hand corner a message comes up saying that the website won't be available until January 2008. What's going on???

Also, when will their online deposit progam be available?

I'm starting to freak out, because they're not answering their phone. Am I going crazy?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:28 pm

answers are in the thread

brizz9

Bronze

Post by brizz9 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:32 pm

tmo wrote:Is your log-in your student ID though?
For that eFAN page it is, but when I login that only says that award information is not available for the 2008-2009 school year. I was logged in somewhere else last night, but now I can't find it. Either way, my financial aid package hadn't been posted yet.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:37 pm

Hmm ok - I might just wait until I get some sort of notice that it's ready.
Seriously though, why is my admitted student site not down? Does anyone else think that's weird?

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:40 pm

i dunno maybe

mines up

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

brizz9

Bronze

Post by brizz9 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:46 pm

tmo wrote:Hmm ok - I might just wait until I get some sort of notice that it's ready.
Seriously though, why is my admitted student site not down? Does anyone else think that's weird?
Okay, mine's up too. The link from the front page I've been using doesn't work: http://www.law.ucdavis.edu/admissions/a ... login.aspx

but this does:
http://www.law.ucdavis.edu/AdmittedStud ... index.aspx

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:22 pm

q: does anyone know why the current dean is stepping down and when? (is it this summer or next summer?)

i cant really find solid info online. does uc davis already have candidates lined up? do they have one chosen? or are they still looking? is this like undergrad deans where theres usually an interim dean before the real dean comes in? or is the transition period less?

how do you guys think a new incoming dean will impact uc davis?

ihatestudying

New

Post by ihatestudying » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:28 pm

i didn't even know he was stepping down... more info?

He didn't make it to the first ASW, which was kind of disappointing. i don't really know anythign about him other than the friendly note he wrote on the decision letter!

gtg263r

Bronze

Post by gtg263r » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:43 pm

gtg263r wrote:q: does anyone know why the current dean is stepping down and when? (is it this summer or next summer?)

i cant really find solid info online. does uc davis already have candidates lined up? do they have one chosen? or are they still looking? is this like undergrad deans where theres usually an interim dean before the real dean comes in? or is the transition period less?

how do you guys think a new incoming dean will impact uc davis?
I haven't seen any further news on who will be coming in either, or if they have candidates lined up. Hopefully they won't have an interim dean - after the drop in the rankings I would really like to see someone ready to step in and make some improvements (that isn't leaving in 6 months). I doubt there is a standard "transition" period for this, although it's possible I guess. I would think they just fill it when the right person comes along, and put a transition person in there if they haven't found that person yet. As far as impact on the school - who knows really. Did the old dean have certain weaknesses that the new guy won't? Or was the old dean fantastic and it will be hard to find anyone able to fill his shoes? I don't know a whole lot about him, but it's hard to make any deductions not knowing who will take his place either.

matt79

New

Post by matt79 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:06 pm

tmo wrote:The staff at the Davis Peet's is a bit scared of me. I LOVE the iced hibiscus tea that usually comes out in March - and it's out down here so I've been filling my craving. So I've gone in like 6 times in the last month thirsty and tired and basically have had mini-breakdowns when they don't have it. The last time I walked in the chick actually rolled her eyes at me. I guess apartment hunting turned me into a PITA.

That is hilarious! You sound just like my girlfriend. She practically (sometimes literally) cries when they stop carrying the hibiscus breeze at the end of summer and the gingerbread latte at the end of winter.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:18 pm

matt79 wrote: That is hilarious! You sound just like my girlfriend. She practically (sometimes literally) cries when they stop carrying the hibiscus breeze at the end of summer and the gingerbread latte at the end of winter.
I LOVE the gingerbread latte. Are you bringing her to Davis? We can hound the people at the Peets together!

matt79

New

Post by matt79 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:20 pm

tmo wrote:I LOVE the gingerbread latte. Are you bringing her to Davis? We can hound the people at the Peets together!
Yes, I am bringing her. It seems as if she may have a new friend.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:22 pm

matt79 wrote:
tmo wrote:I LOVE the gingerbread latte. Are you bringing her to Davis? We can hound the people at the Peets together!
Yes, I am bringing her. It seems as if she may have a new friend.
I think she does:)
Funny, I love your screen name because my SO uses that screen name too for... yahoo I think? He's a Matt79-er as well.

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:23 pm

They must be sending the financial aid stuff by snail mail :(

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:24 pm

That's weird...are you sure you guys aren't each other's SO, and just don't realize it?

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:25 pm

Cheater Matt79!!! Cheater!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:30 pm

tmo wrote:Cheater Matt79!!! Cheater!!!
What just happened?

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:30 pm

BioLaw wrote:They must be sending the financial aid stuff by snail mail :(

You might be right. I'll call tomorrow if I haven't heard anything new.

tmo

Bronze

Post by tmo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:31 pm

BioLaw wrote:
tmo wrote:Cheater Matt79!!! Cheater!!!
What just happened?
Oh I'm not really making any sense - you just said that maybe he was actually my SO, and he was talking about some chick... I don't know. I'm tired.

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:32 pm

Oh I get it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”