Should I go to Cornell in the fall or retake the LSAT for ne Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jwhalethen13

New

Should I go to Cornell in the fall or retake the LSAT for ne

Post by jwhalethen13 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:48 am

I put down my Cornell deposit for this fall. I'm extremely worried about the debt though. They offered me a small scholarship, but I'm still looking at almost 200k in debt afterward. I want to do BigLaw in the NYC market after law school to pay off my debt. Any advice on whether it's worth it to just go to Cornell now versus risk retaking the September LSAT (I think I can go up at least 4 points) and reapplying to T14 schools again in hopes of a bigger scholarship and/or a better ranked school?

thequigley

Bronze

Re: Should I go to Cornell in the fall or retake the LSAT for ne

Post by thequigley » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:56 am

What were your numbers? Cornell will get you into biglaw NY. Go and get your debt!

ymmv

Diamond

Post by ymmv » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:58 am

jwhalethen13 wrote:I put down my Cornell deposit for this fall. I'm extremely worried about the debt though. They offered me a small scholarship, but I'm still looking at almost 200k in debt afterward. I want to do BigLaw in the NYC market after law school to pay off my debt. Any advice on whether it's worth it to just go to Cornell now versus risk retaking the September LSAT (I think I can go up at least 4 points) and reapplying to T14 schools again in hopes of a bigger scholarship and/or a better ranked school?
Retake. No school is worth $200k debt for biglaw.

rahulg91

Bronze

Post by rahulg91 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:59 am

jwhalethen13 wrote:I put down my Cornell deposit for this fall. I'm extremely worried about the debt though. They offered me a small scholarship, but I'm still looking at almost 200k in debt afterward. I want to do BigLaw in the NYC market after law school to pay off my debt. Any advice on whether it's worth it to just go to Cornell now versus risk retaking the September LSAT (I think I can go up at least 4 points) and reapplying to T14 schools again in hopes of a bigger scholarship and/or a better ranked school?
Retake. Your GPA would be helpful too. CCN would also be a possibility with a high enough jump.

thequigley

Bronze

Post by thequigley » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:05 pm

current numbers?!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”