Emory Class of 2017 Waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
zckim5

New

Re: Emory Class of 2017 Waitlist

Post by zckim5 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:55 pm

Just checking in again. Has anyone heard anything yet? It's been a while since the second deposit deadline.

magnitude

New

Post by magnitude » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:40 pm

I called the admissions office early last week, and I was told that they expect to start admitting waitlisted students in the next 2 weeks...The way it was said, it sounded to me like it would probably be at the end of 2 weeks. I don't know what they are waiting for at this point, but hopefully some people will be admitted next week. It personally made me feel a lot better to hear from someone in the office that they were at least expecting to admit some waitlisted students.

codyal90

New

Post by codyal90 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm guessing there still hasn't been any movement for anyone. Think we will hear back by the fourth?

asdfghjkl714

New

Post by asdfghjkl714 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:10 pm

I called admissions today. They said the review board is going over applications but that there is no date set for when we will hear. The two weeks thing was unconfirmed by the admissions rep I spoke to. She was very hesitant to give out any information at all.

Not really sure what more they could possibly be reviewing at this point, but just a heads up.

doge

New

Post by doge » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:53 am

At this point I am wondering if they are even taking people off the waitlist...It's not a really common occurence but they might have actually been able to pick their class just right and be able to stick with what they have.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

magnitude

New

Post by magnitude » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:53 am

If that's the case, I wish that they would tell us. 3 dates have come and gone now that the admissions committee said we should be hearing from them. If there are just no spots, or almost no spots, the committee should be more transparent with us to keep our expectations realistic.

Yazzzay

Bronze

Post by Yazzzay » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:53 am

Ya, I don't think I've heard from Emory since I was waitlisted at the end of March. Three and a half months with no word is just a little bit disappointing. They could at least say their class is full.

apples89

New

Post by apples89 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:32 am

Yazzzay wrote:Ya, I don't think I've heard from Emory since I was waitlisted at the end of March. Three and a half months with no word is just a little bit disappointing. They could at least say their class is full.
one of my hs buddies transferred in about 2-3 weeks ago, idk what it means for WLs but at least things are moving i suppose.

mickm1

New

Post by mickm1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Has anyone heard anything ?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gsingh2112

New

Post by gsingh2112 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Called the office today and they told me the same story: No movement and classes begin on the 18th with no other information regarding the incoming class or waitlist. Just make sure phones and emails are being checked :|

Cheetoista

New

Post by Cheetoista » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:27 pm

Anyone heard anything?

nate1

New

Post by nate1 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:39 pm

I received an email this weekend asking me to fill out a survey indicating my continued interest in attending Emory, and the email said that they are "considering a few more applicants over the next three weeks, before the semester commences on August 18."

For what it's worth, I was placed on the priority waitlist back in March.

Cheetoista

New

Post by Cheetoista » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:00 pm

nate1 wrote:I received an email this weekend asking me to fill out a survey indicating my continued interest in attending Emory, and the email said that they are "considering a few more applicants over the next three weeks, before the semester commences on August 18."

Humm. I'm on the regular waitlist so I don't know if my email got lost or if Emory's just done with me. Did anyone else get the same email as Nate?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

acceptmepls!

New

Post by acceptmepls! » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:14 pm

I got the same email as Nate. It was found in my "promotions" folder on my gmail account instead of regular inbox email. So check your other spam folders.

I'm on regular waitlist and had been on that list since late March.

We are barely two weeks away from the start of school. Even if accepted, I feel like it is such short notice!! Esp. for someone who will need to fly in from the west coast and is completely unfamiliar with the area.

jacketyellow

Bronze

Post by jacketyellow » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Cheetoista wrote:
nate1 wrote:I received an email this weekend asking me to fill out a survey indicating my continued interest in attending Emory, and the email said that they are "considering a few more applicants over the next three weeks, before the semester commences on August 18."

Humm. I'm on the regular waitlist so I don't know if my email got lost or if Emory's just done with me. Did anyone else get the same email as Nate?
I got an email saying I was no longer considered for a spot. Therefore, anyone considered now is probably getting in since they just sent a wave of rejections (myself included among them).

msx3

New

Post by msx3 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:36 pm

I got an email also and I was originally placed on the regular waitlist.

Cheetoista

New

Post by Cheetoista » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:23 pm

jacketyellow wrote:
Cheetoista wrote:

I got an email saying I was no longer considered for a spot. Therefore, anyone considered now is probably getting in since they just sent a wave of rejections (myself included among them).
Checked my spam and promotions and didn't see anything. Ugh. Going to call tomorrow. Did the email releasing you from the waitlist come today? If so, what time?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ahche2002

New

Post by ahche2002 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:16 pm

I just withdrew 2 days ago, so good luck to you folks!

woodct

New

Post by woodct » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:42 pm

I received the email Friday as well about staying on the waitlist. I hope they start to call people really soon.

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:53 am

How much $$$ would it take to get you guys to Emory this late in the game?

Good luck! I'd imagine they'll let you guys know today. Waiting until next week at this stage would be a bad move if they're serious about getting anyone to accept their offer.

doge

New

Post by doge » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:31 am

For me it would take at least 30k or higher. I agree with you about how late it is in the game. A lot of people already of leases (I do) and would have to break them and also relocate. So it would have to be a pretty good incentive...
Nucky wrote:How much $$$ would it take to get you guys to Emory this late in the game?

Good luck! I'd imagine they'll let you guys know today. Waiting until next week at this stage would be a bad move if they're serious about getting anyone to accept their offer.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nucky

Silver

Post by Nucky » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:20 pm

doge wrote:For me it would take at least 30k or higher. I agree with you about how late it is in the game. A lot of people already of leases (I do) and would have to break them and also relocate. So it would have to be a pretty good incentive...
Nucky wrote:How much $$$ would it take to get you guys to Emory this late in the game?

I don't blame you. I imagine most people are already settled in wherever they were planning on attending. I'd push for a full ride at this point.

codyal90

New

Post by codyal90 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:18 pm

Has anyone heard anything?

nate1

New

Post by nate1 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:49 pm

So far, still silence

churrochi

New

Post by churrochi » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:50 pm

I got an email from the dean who asked me if I was still interested on Thursday and if so, to inform him ASAP. He said that the committee would look at my file one more time, and then call me on Friday.

That being said, it's Saturday and I've not received a call yet. Will call on Monday just to see what's going on, but I'm feeling like I got dinged at this point since orientation starts next week.

He also said that "a spot opened" so, I really think they had a full class this year.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”