Pace v. Syracuse v. Creighton v. Drexel Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ronanOgara

Gold

Re: Pace v. Syracuse v. Creighton v. Drexel

Post by ronanOgara » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:09 pm

Why do you keep citing USNWR ranks? Do you think they're important or something?

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:13 pm

tokhtamysh wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
tokhtamysh wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:But of the schools listed, it's the least terrible option.
Unless I am admitted to Penn State (USNWR #51) sometime in the near future.

Well, at any rate, I can't help being a dunce.
Penn State is another school I wouldn't go to even for free bc of bad job prospects
It's not wise to matriculate to any law school below Cornell (#13)...
You should learn what a false dichotomy is whilst studying for your retake.

ronanOgara

Gold

Post by ronanOgara » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:15 pm

Three more points
1) you said you wanted to stay in Philly, so why are you considering Pace, Syracuse, or Creighton?
2) You should not settle for anything less than a full ride to drexel w/ your #s. Practice being an attorney and negotiate
3) I hate saying this, but I would've killed for your gpa. So you should probably retake the lsat to have it match your gpa. Then you can learn the law in that pretty law school known as Penn

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:19 pm

ronanOgara wrote:Three more points
1) you said you wanted to stay in Philly, so why are you considering Pace, Syracuse, or Creighton?
2) You should not settle for anything less than a full ride to drexel w/ your #s. Practice being an attorney and negotiate
3) I hate saying this, but I would've killed for your gpa. So you should probably retake the lsat to have it match your gpa. Then you can learn the law in that pretty law school known as Penn
Lol at someone who goes to Drexel lecturing someone about a retake.

ronanOgara

Gold

Post by ronanOgara » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:21 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
ronanOgara wrote:Three more points
Lol at someone who goes to Drexel lecturing someone about a retake.
There's no reason why anyone with a 3.7 should end up at Drexel

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:22 pm

There's no reason why anyone should ever end up at Drexel. You couldn't pay me to go there. You're just splitting hairs.

ronanOgara

Gold

Post by ronanOgara » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:55 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:There's no reason why anyone should ever end up at Drexel. You couldn't pay me to go there. You're just splitting hairs.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion..man

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:06 pm

ronanOgara wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:There's no reason why anyone should ever end up at Drexel. You couldn't pay me to go there. You're just splitting hairs.
No. It's an objective dumpster fire. The school can't even get jobs for half of its class. That is a scam.

Snowboarder1588

Bronze

Post by Snowboarder1588 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:15 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
ronanOgara wrote:
No. It's an objective dumpster fire. The school can't even get jobs for half of its class. That is a scam.

You mad bro?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:18 pm

At a shitty school? No lol. I wasn't dumb enough to go there.

Snowboarder1588

Bronze

Post by Snowboarder1588 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:08 pm

TLS never disappoints me...Always provides a healthy dose of entertainment. OP, you will always find people who tell you never go to any school with anything less than 80% LTBP employment rating (basically anything after Cornell) and people who are debt averse (Like myself) who believe it's important to evaluate your overall situation, goals, financials before making a big decision. I wouldn't call someone "dumb" for attending a so called "shitty" school because they made a smart decision to go to an average (compared with the bulk of LS in PA/DE/NJ; Drexel is actually average) school for free.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:10 pm

Snowboarder1588 wrote:TLS never disappoints me...Always provides a healthy dose of entertainment. OP, you will always find people who tell you never go to any school with anything less than 80% LTBP employment rating (basically anything after Cornell) and people who are debt averse (Like myself) who believe it's important to evaluate your overall situation, goals, financials before making a big decision. I wouldn't call someone "dumb" for attending a so called "shitty" school because they made a smart decision to go to an average (compared with the bulk of LS in PA/DE/NJ; Drexel is actually average) school for free.
Lol whatever helps you sleep at night. Come back when you're jobless and wasted three years of your life that could have been spent making money. Or the very best and EXTREMELY RARE outcome: a 45k per year job! Just lol.
Last edited by Mal Reynolds on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Also OP doesn't even have a full ride and there are ridiculous stipulations attached. So even if your choice was smart, which it wasn't, it still doesn't apply to the OP.

Finally I never said this:
Snowboarder1588 wrote:TLS never disappoints me...Always provides a healthy dose of entertainment. OP, you will always find people who tell you never go to any school with anything less than 80% LTBP employment rating (basically anything after Cornell).
Don't confuse your abysmal job prospect with solid schools, many of which TLS will recommend you choose with good scholarship money.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Snowboarder1588

Bronze

Post by Snowboarder1588 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:47 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Also OP doesn't even have a full ride and there are ridiculous stipulations attached. So even if your choice was smart, which it wasn't, it still doesn't apply to the OP.

Finally I never said this:
Snowboarder1588 wrote:TLS never disappoints me...Always provides a healthy dose of entertainment. OP, you will always find people who tell you never go to any school with anything less than 80% LTBP employment rating (basically anything after Cornell).
Don't confuse your abysmal job prospect with solid schools, many of which TLS will recommend you choose with good scholarship money.

I was really trying to ignore you, but I think it's silly just to let you ramble with misinformation...I recommended he/she negotiates to a full ride and to remove the stipulation in one of my prior post, so please do your research prior to making erroneous statements. Abysmal? I'll entertain that for a moment...So, If I'm a Philly resident who wants to study in the Philly area because I want to stay in Philly, my only option is UPENN. LST employment numbers for Villanova is 51%, Temple is 52%, Penn State, 56% and Drexel is 47%. All are within 9% points of eachother. A free ride with 0 stipulations to any of these schools is worth it, if it is not for you that is fine. However, practice being respectful and expand your vocabulary when making discussion with people,It will really help you in your life :D . Have a nice evening :)

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:07 pm

Comparing your employment prospects to other shit schools does not make yours a good one.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:07 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:Comparing your employment prospects to other shit schools does not make yours a good one.
u shld work on expanding ur vocab bb

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:20 am

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Comparing your employment prospects to other shit schools does not make yours a good one.
hahahahahahahaha

Honestly, 50%+ odds with no debt isnt a bad deal. You realize the employment stats for undergrad are 50% or worst. I believe mine had a 33% job rate for a BS degree 9 months out. Also, For most PhD programs that are non-STEM, you have a 25%-33% chance of landing a Tenure Track. So to some people, 50% chance of doing what you want, with no debt, isnt a bad deal.

It all comes down to personal utility and risk tolerance. If you want to take a shot, so be it. As long as you know the risks going in and you are making an informed choice, then go for it.

I would personally go to Temple though over Drexel. However, they look like they are all somewhat similar.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:25 am

BankruptMe wrote:
Honestly, 50%+ odds with no debt isnt a bad deal.
Consider opportunity cost, OP.

Taken from the ATL rankings page, "If law school was just a cool place to chill out for a few years without building specific job skills, they'd call it "college." Jobs are important, and we think that law schools should be competing to place students in the best jobs...."

If you're not putting those specific job skills to use, then why waste the three years? 50/50 - job or no job (9 months out) - is risky, even if the only loss is not making 30k a year at some job right out of undergrad.

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:36 am

BankruptMe wrote:
Honestly, 50%+ odds with no debt isnt a bad deal.
Consider opportunity cost, OP.

Taken from the ATL rankings page, "If law school was just a cool place to chill out for a few years without building specific job skills, they'd call it "college." Jobs are important, and we think that law schools should be competing to place students in the best jobs...."

If you're not putting those specific job skills to use, then why waste the three years? 50/50 - job or no job (9 months out) - is risky, even if the only loss is not making 30k a year at some job right out of undergrad.
I agree with this.

Theopliske8711

Gold

Post by Theopliske8711 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:52 am

"A lot of people are making some absurdly shitty decisions in a lot of different sectors, so this shitty decision isn't so shitty by comparison."

Even if it's not going to cost you anything in tuition, it's still not "free" since you are giving three years of your life to it. That's a substantial number in potential lost earnings and time.

ronanOgara

Gold

Post by ronanOgara » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:03 am

Theopliske8711 wrote:"A lot of people are making some absurdly shitty decisions in a lot of different sectors, so this shitty decision isn't so shitty by comparison."

Even if it's not going to cost you anything in tuition, it's still not "free" since you are giving three years of your life to it. That's a substantial number in potential lost earnings and time.
OP doesn't even have a full ride to Drexel

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:17 am

BankruptMe wrote:
hahahahahahahaha

Honestly, 50%+ odds with no debt isnt a bad deal. You realize the employment stats for undergrad are 50% or worst. I believe mine had a 33% job rate for a BS degree 9 months out. Also, For most PhD programs that are non-STEM, you have a 25%-33% chance of landing a Tenure Track. So to some people, 50% chance of doing what you want, with no debt, isnt a bad deal.

It all comes down to personal utility and risk tolerance. If you want to take a shot, so be it. As long as you know the risks going in and you are making an informed choice, then go for it.

I would personally go to Temple though over Drexel. However, they look like they are all somewhat similar.
So this is how scam schools get people to enroll.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”