University of Baltimore Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wob

New

University of Baltimore

Post by wob » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Has anyone else applied/got in to this place? I got most of my tuition covered. I'm stoked on it.

CrystalLee

New

Re: University of Baltimore

Post by CrystalLee » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:57 am

I got in the evening progarm, and along with my scholarship offer and the in-state tuition most of my tuition is covered as well. I visited the school on Saturday and was really impressed. The only thing holding me back from attending is the insane commute. I work in DC and would have to drive from DC to Baltimore during rush hour traffic. :shock:

FireDoc24

New

Post by FireDoc24 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:48 am

I applied and am on the waiting list for the PT program. With over 20 years of healthcare experience since undergrad, I wanted to expand my knowledge base to law. If anyone has any thoughts on how to get off the waiting list, I would appreciate it. My wife says to be patient, but that is easier said than done. Good Luck All.

andapieceoftoast

Bronze

Post by andapieceoftoast » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:00 am

CrystalLee wrote:I got in the evening progarm, and along with my scholarship offer and the in-state tuition most of my tuition is covered as well. I visited the school on Saturday and was really impressed. The only thing holding me back from attending is the insane commute. I work in DC and would have to drive from DC to Baltimore during rush hour traffic. :shock:
Just a tip from someone who commuted between Baltimore and DC for a long time, try the MARC train. I don't know how late the night classes go, but MARC runs until 1030 pm (at least from DC --> Balt, I'm not sure about the other direction). I've had great experiences with the MARC, and it drops you off right at Penn Station. HTH

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:02 am

i applied.

Were you notified through email or status checker

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wob

New

Post by wob » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:08 am

BankruptMe wrote:i applied.

I saw it on status checker, then I got an email shortly after.

wob

New

Post by wob » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:13 am

FireDoc24 wrote:I applied and am on the waiting list for the PT program. With over 20 years of healthcare experience since undergrad, I wanted to expand my knowledge base to law. If anyone has any thoughts on how to get off the waiting list, I would appreciate it. My wife says to be patient, but that is easier said than done. Good Luck All.
I think people usually suggest sending a letter or addendum saying how much you want to go there. You should also try asking for an interview.

FireDoc24

New

Post by FireDoc24 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:42 am

BankruptMe wrote:i applied.

I was notified via status checker with an email a few days later.

FireDoc24

New

Post by FireDoc24 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:43 am

wob wrote:
FireDoc24 wrote:I applied and am on the waiting list for the PT program. With over 20 years of healthcare experience since undergrad, I wanted to expand my knowledge base to law. If anyone has any thoughts on how to get off the waiting list, I would appreciate it. My wife says to be patient, but that is easier said than done. Good Luck All.
I think people usually suggest sending a letter or addendum saying how much you want to go there. You should also try asking for an interview.
Thanks much. I am attending the preview day this weekend. The plan is simple networking and interest expression.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jodunham

New

Post by jodunham » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those still waiting.

To those that received scholarships awards, we're you notified of your offer in the packet that was mailed to you or were you notified via email? I was offered admission mid March but still haven't received my packet or any word on scholarship.

keong678

New

Post by keong678 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:14 pm

jodunham wrote:Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those still waiting.

To those that received scholarships awards, we're you notified of your offer in the packet that was mailed to you or were you notified via email? I was offered admission mid March but still haven't received my packet or any word on scholarship.
same here, i am kind of a splitter, over the 75% on LSAT but a little lower than 50% UGPA. I was wondering the same thing.. I got the acceptance late march but still waiting on the packet or info on email. I was wondering if anyone got their scholarship info... I check on the myub thing but it does not show any awards. I was wondering if this meant I did not get any.

clevername

New

Post by clevername » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:03 pm

keong678 wrote:I check on the myub thing but it does not show any awards. I was wondering if this meant I did not get any.
I was offered a scholarship via email, but all that shows up on myhub page is approved loans and whatnot (which only appeared a few days after notifying UB of my fafsa being filed). I assume that I don't see the scholarship because I haven't committed/accepted yet, but I'd expect you to hear via email first. You could be right that no email offer means no scholarship offer at all.

keong678

New

Post by keong678 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:50 pm

I was offered a scholarship via email, but all that shows up on myhub page is approved loans and whatnot (which only appeared a few days after notifying UB of my fafsa being filed). I assume that I don't see the scholarship because I haven't committed/accepted yet, but I'd expect you to hear via email first. You could be right that no email offer means no scholarship offer at all.
Yeah I was offerred a scholarship but surprisingly low offer... I guess I turned in the application too late.. sigh.

FireDoc24

New

Post by FireDoc24 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:39 pm

After weeks of waiting, writing an additional LOCI, having another LOR sent my status checker just changed to "wait list confirmed." Perhaps a spark of hope?? Any thoughts? THANKS.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”