Stanford's Financial "Aid" Is a Joke Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SLS_Student

New

Stanford's Financial "Aid" Is a Joke

Post by SLS_Student » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:45 pm

If you want to come here, you've been warned. The financial aid office will be sure you graduate with the maximum debt, unless you decide to start law school at the age of 30.

legends159

Silver

Re: Stanford's Financial "Aid" Is a Joke

Post by legends159 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:54 pm

From my experience, their financial aid is better than every other school's except maybe YLS (don't know what theirs are - didn't get in). Definitely higher than HLS's.

You might get more money at lower ranked schools but that's not based on financial aid (of which most other law schools give nothing) but rather on merit scholarships.

So to say that SLS's financial aid is a joke is to say that in general law school financial aid is a joke, which is pretty much true.

Mauve.Dino

Bronze

Post by Mauve.Dino » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Cool story...bro? :?:

ThinkNegative

New

Post by ThinkNegative » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:46 pm

SLS_Student wrote:If you want to come here, you've been warned. The financial aid office will be sure you graduate with the maximum debt, unless you decide to start law school at the age of 30.
Troll is trolling.
legends159 wrote:From my experience, their financial aid is better than every other school's except maybe YLS (don't know what theirs are - didn't get in). Definitely higher than HLS's.

You might get more money at lower ranked schools but that's not based on financial aid (of which most other law schools give nothing) but rather on merit scholarships..
I cosign all of that. I left off the last bit bc while I agree that financial aid at law school is generally just a system of rankings-oriented bribery, SLS was an exception for me at least. Keep in mind that Faye Deal is the dean of admissions AND of financial aid. When you go to talk to her about financial issues you'll be talking to someone who personally made an affirmative decision on your admission after learning all about your background and interests. Much better experience and outcome than talking to the bean-counters I encountered at other schools.

Of course that doesn't mean everyone gets what he wants out of it.

Diamond

Post by 06102016 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:29 pm

patogordo

Gold

Post by patogordo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:33 pm

slackademic wrote:Why the hell did you bump this post from months ago?
instead of giving financial aid stanford pays people to go on tls and defend stanford's financial aid

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”