When to write a GPA Addendum? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jdogg5555

New

When to write a GPA Addendum?

Post by jdogg5555 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:50 pm

My GPA wasn't terrible but it is slightly below a lot of the schools I want to apply to. I think it'd be a good idea to write an addendum but I don't want to come across as whiny or making excuses. My freshmen year i was hit by a car on campus and needed surgery on my arm. That and the following semester were my lowest GPA by far and I think it dragged down my overall GPA. Do you think an addendum is appropriate in this case?

dusters

Bronze

Re: When to write a GPA Addendum?

Post by dusters » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:36 am

How much of a difference? If its like 2.2 compared to your other semesters of 3.8 yeah but if its 3.3 to 3.6 you just sound whiny. And the semester after you got hit by a car shouldn't really affect your grades.

gbelle

Bronze

Post by gbelle » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:52 am

Yikes. People are certainly quick to pass judgment on matters they know nothing about.

jdogg, I sent you a private message re this topic.

jdogg5555

New

Post by jdogg5555 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:02 pm

My cumulative GPA was a 3.33 but i had one semester where i got a 2.7. It was the semester after I was hit by the car and was still recovering. It was still a tough adjustment, though admittedly it was not as bad as the initial semester. I'm juts not sure if its worth writing or not as I'm worried it might do more harm then good.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”