University of Illinois UIUC c/o '17 Applicants (13-14 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Re: University of Illinois UIUC c/o '17 Applicants (13-14 cycle)

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Decisions being released today, FYI.

D2142

New

Post by D2142 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:01 pm

Anyone have any movement here?

ellewoods179

New

Post by ellewoods179 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:36 pm

I have this feeling they will be releasing today or tomorrow...I hope. Today marks 3 weeks under review

bugsy33

Bronze

Post by bugsy33 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:05 pm

ellewoods179 wrote:I have this feeling they will be releasing today or tomorrow...I hope. Today marks 3 weeks under review
I got my email on a Thursday around 5pm EST. Good luck, I'm pullin for ya!

albertplawinski

New

Post by albertplawinski » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Anyone else wait listed? The second deposit is April 28th and I expect some movement soon!

What are the chances of admission from a wait list for a reverse spilt like me (3.74 GPA and 155) with plenty of softs?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dredd_2017

Bronze

Post by Dredd_2017 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:07 pm

In, this was around a week ago. Really impressed with the biglaw rate for their relative ranking.

Albert I thought reverse splitters were high lsat / low gpa and that regular splitters were high gpa / low lsat. Having said that my GPA was below 25th and I got in applying late because of my above 75th LSAT, so I think you have a decent shot as long as your GPA is above 75th. I'd take a look at Law School Numbers for the scatterplot of admits they provide.

Anyone committed to Illinois yet? I'm really interested in attending but am waiting to see if they admit a good friend before I pull the trigger.

isuperserial

Silver

Post by isuperserial » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:21 pm

albertplawinski wrote:Anyone else wait listed? The second deposit is April 28th and I expect some movement soon!

What are the chances of admission from a wait list for a reverse spilt like me (3.74 GPA and 155) with plenty of softs?
Waitlist is a crapshoot for anyone, but that LSAT is going to hold you back. I wouldn't advise going to Illinois without a scholarship, which is what you'd be looking at almost for certain if you're admitted off the waitlist. Have you been admitted to a lower ranked school with a scholarship?
Dredd_2017 wrote:In, this was around a week ago. Really impressed with the biglaw rate for their relative ranking.

Albert I thought reverse splitters were high lsat / low gpa and that regular splitters were high gpa / low lsat. Having said that my GPA was below 25th and I got in applying late because of my above 75th LSAT, so I think you have a decent shot as long as your GPA is above 75th. I'd take a look at Law School Numbers for the scatterplot of admits they provide.

Anyone committed to Illinois yet? I'm really interested in attending but am waiting to see if they admit a good friend before I pull the trigger.
Splitter is high LSAT, low GPA. Reverse is the reverse.

I'm committed.

DaftAndDirect

Bronze

Post by DaftAndDirect » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Chambana is a great town. I went there for undergrad. The nightlife on Green Street is outrageous on the weekends. If you're straight through, you can probably get away with continuing to party on Green Street. If you're a bit more into your 20s, the only bars on Green worth going to are Firehaus and Murphy's.

For those of you interested in doing corporate work, do yourself a favor and take some accounting courses at the business school; Illinois has a fantastic accounting program. You don't need to become an expert, but just having a finance and accounting background at all will help during the job search.

Do not live in any apartment managed by Campus Property Management (CPM).

With a possible exception for your 1L year, there's never a good excuse for missing Unofficial.

Signed,

A Nostalgiac, Procrastinating 2L

albertplawinski

New

Post by albertplawinski » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:47 pm

isuperserial wrote:
Waitlist is a crapshoot for anyone, but that LSAT is going to hold you back. I wouldn't advise going to Illinois without a scholarship, which is what you'd be looking at almost for certain if you're admitted off the waitlist. Have you been admitted to a lower ranked school with a scholarship?
Yeah I realized that. I improved from my first LSAT by a significant amount. Test anxiety. I applied as one of the very first, with my application submitted the first week of them opening up applications.

I am admitted at Kent and DePaul both with scholarships.
Dredd_2017 wrote:In, this was around a week ago. Really impressed with the biglaw rate for their relative ranking.

My GPA is above their 75th. The Dean of admissions said I have a "rockstar" GPA, FWIW. Unfortunately LSAT plays more weight. Law school numbers shows people with my stats who received acceptance, but they're URM. I always thought LGBT and immigrant would qualify me as URM... I am at exactly the point where one or two more points on the LSAT would get me in, so I am at least optimistic about the wait list.
DaftAndDirect wrote:Chambana is a great town. I went there for undergrad. The nightlife on Green Street is outrageous on the weekends. If you're straight through, you can probably get away with continuing to party on Green Street. If you're a bit more into your 20s, the only bars on Green worth going to are Firehaus and Murphy's.
I did undergrad there too! I prefer the downtown area more. Less annoying undergrads, less vomit, more grad students. Guido's and Wedge are a lot of fun!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

D2142

New

Post by D2142 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:12 pm

albertplawinski wrote:Anyone else wait listed? The second deposit is April 28th and I expect some movement soon!

Wow, I thought their second tuition deposit was in June. Looks like they will be making waitlist decisions in may then? I had thought they might be starting at the end of this week since the first deposit was April 15 but that wouldn't make much sense with the second deposit coming up.

Has anyone on the waitlist been offered admission yet?

albertplawinski

New

Post by albertplawinski » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:47 pm

D2142 wrote: Wow, I thought their second tuition deposit was in June. Looks like they will be making waitlist decisions in may then? I had thought they might be starting at the end of this week since the first deposit was April 15 but that wouldn't make much sense with the second deposit coming up.

This may not be accurate information. I know for 100% the first deposit was due April 15th. The secretary told me that the second deposit is April 28th, but that date does not seem right either.

I would assume that they can start making some offers after the first deposit since they more or less know who will be attending and who will not. The second deposit will probably open up even more spots.

So until Monday we wait.

ZGr88n

Bronze

Post by ZGr88n » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:48 pm

albertplawinski wrote:
D2142 wrote: Wow, I thought their second tuition deposit was in June. Looks like they will be making waitlist decisions in may then? I had thought they might be starting at the end of this week since the first deposit was April 15 but that wouldn't make much sense with the second deposit coming up.

This may not be accurate information. I know for 100% the first deposit was due April 15th. The secretary told me that the second deposit is April 28th, but that date does not seem right either.

I would assume that they can start making some offers after the first deposit since they more or less know who will be attending and who will not. The second deposit will probably open up even more spots.

So until Monday we wait.
I am pretty sure it's May 23rd if I'm not mistaken.

ellewoods179

New

Post by ellewoods179 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:56 pm

bugsy33 wrote:
ellewoods179 wrote:I have this feeling they will be releasing today or tomorrow...I hope. Today marks 3 weeks under review

Thank you!!

I've been trying to figure out trends in their admission dates but haven't found too many patterns (based on purely recent LSN data):
- There have been a lot of tuesdays
- there has been 'two week plus two day' differences between descision dates
-others just say the admits find out later in the day (5-8pm) than waitlists (noon-5)

orrrr...I'm just stressing myself out for no reason and need to practice patience. :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

isuperserial

Silver

Post by isuperserial » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:56 pm

ellewoods179 wrote:
bugsy33 wrote:

Thank you!!

I've been trying to figure out trends in their admission dates but haven't found too many patterns (based on purely recent LSN data):
- There have been a lot of tuesdays
- there has been 'two week plus two day' differences between descision dates
-others just say the admits find out later in the day (5-8pm) than waitlists (noon-5)

orrrr...I'm just stressing myself out for no reason and need to practice patience. :lol:
Best of luck :)

D2142

New

Post by D2142 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:23 pm

According to their website the second deposit is not due until May 23rd. As everyone probably already knows the first deposit was due April 15th.

http://www.law.illinois.edu/prospective ... s/apply-jd

rosebowlchamps100

New

Post by rosebowlchamps100 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:19 pm

Any movement on the wait list?

D2142

New

Post by D2142 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:07 pm

rosebowlchamps100 wrote:Any movement on the wait list?

Im wondering also!!! If anyone gets movement let us know please!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

D2142

New

Post by D2142 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:19 pm

So I checked out LSN for the 2012-2013 cycle because 2014 doesnt have WL Acceptances yet. There are only 2 recorded and those individuals were accepted off the waitlist 7/3 and 7/30. Unfortunately they were the only two waitlist acceptances recorded on there for that cycle at UIUC.

Obviously there is room here for user error (that might not be the date they were accepted just the date they recorded) but its still interesting to note. Unfortunately only 2 people updated their WL status to accepted so we are stuck with two people to go off of. Still interesting to note though......

Chardee_MacDennis

Bronze

Post by Chardee_MacDennis » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:07 pm

One of my current classmates wasn't admitted until the week before classes began. He had deposited at a lower-ranked school before withdrawing and coming here.

One can certainly get off the WL later than you might expect, but I wouldn't count on it.

albertplawinski

New

Post by albertplawinski » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:52 pm

Chardee_MacDennis wrote:
One of my current classmates wasn't admitted until the week before classes began. He had deposited at a lower-ranked school before withdrawing and coming here.

One can certainly get off the WL later than you might expect, but I wouldn't count on it.
Same situation with my friend, he found out middle of June.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:55 pm

Anyone else on the WL get an email about the school's clinics ... of all things?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

zckim5

New

Post by zckim5 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:19 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:Anyone else on the WL get an email about the school's clinics ... of all things?
I did. I thought it was some sort of waitlist update and I got startled.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:19 pm

zckim5 wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:Anyone else on the WL get an email about the school's clinics ... of all things?
Same. :oops:

albertplawinski

New

Post by albertplawinski » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:11 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
zckim5 wrote:
Same. :oops:
Yup. I flipped shit seeing an email with the words "College of Law" and "Dean Ray"

D2142

New

Post by D2142 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:25 pm

Hoping for some good news this week.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”