Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

will you beat the odds?

yes
48%
yes
27%
yes
25%

Total votes: 83

nextstep222

New

Re: Beating the odds: Columbia Reserve c/o 2016

Post by nextstep222 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:15 pm

also haven't heard anything. can't wait to get rejected the 15th?

#holla@mecolumbia

tidymnstr

New

Post by tidymnstr » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:20 pm

nextstep222 wrote:also haven't heard anything. can't wait to get rejected the 15th?

#holla@mecolumbia
Ha! Will you switch for an equivalent offer? I'm not moving unless...

puppiespaws

New

Post by puppiespaws » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:04 am

turkeychess wrote:Am I the only person who hasn't heard yet? And do we necessarily get phone calls (as opposed to emails)? Orientation is on Thursday, and at this point I'm worried that I won't hear back until literally the day before actual classes start.

Also-- I was added to the SECOND reserve group on June 20th, and haven't heard anything from them since, other than an email saying they'd received my second LOCI last week. I hadn't heard anything about a third reserve group until I started going through this thread today. Does anyone have any idea what that means?
I'm not sure, but just in case... Did you check your spam/junk mail? I was placed on second reserve awhile ago and when I didn't hear anything when the wave of third reserve happened, I assumed I was booted. THEN I just happened to call and gave them my LSAC number to see what was up, and the dude was like, oh, we sent you an email... And I didn't catch this until the DAY before I was supposed to respond. Freakin' gmail filtered that but not, you know, the 1000 other actual junk mails from law schools lol. But then idk, they said they received your LOCI. Wouldn't hurt to check though, I suppose.

turkeychess

New

Post by turkeychess » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Just called. Supposedly no decision rendered yet, and we're all supposed to hear back "in the next day or two."

nextstep222

New

Post by nextstep222 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:16 pm

REJECTION IMMINENT

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JuniperCreekEsq

Bronze

Post by JuniperCreekEsq » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:28 pm

nextstep222 wrote:REJECTION IMMINENT

Silence, you!

JuniperCreekEsq

Bronze

Post by JuniperCreekEsq » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:31 pm

turkeychess wrote:Just called. Supposedly no decision rendered yet, and we're all supposed to hear back "in the next day or two."

Is the expected email going to be a final decision? What's the chance of this getting dragged out another week or so? Last year's thread went on until around August 22.

gbelle

Bronze

Post by gbelle » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:40 pm

JuniperCreekEsq wrote:
turkeychess wrote:Just called. Supposedly no decision rendered yet, and we're all supposed to hear back "in the next day or two."

Is the expected email going to be a final decision? What's the chance of this getting dragged out another week or so? Last year's thread went on until around August 22.
They told me latest next week...

jabark

New

Post by jabark » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:25 pm

Greetings all,

I've been following this thread for a while but haven't posted yet (Haven't posted at TLS at all, actually). After a few calls over the past weeks, this is the information I've gathered from 3 different people at the admissions office. I hope it helps:

1) It is likely that those who will receive admission will be notified via phone/email. This shouldn't come as a surprise considering the trends in this thread.
2) Rejections are sent out via post (also in accordance with the trend in this thread). An admissions official said most decisions will be rendered by post (since more are likely to get rejected than offered admission, this should be expected).
3) One of the officials plainly said they expect 1-2 offers of admissions, based on historical trends (they were quick to state that historical trends are also irrelevant). When asked if those admissions are the seats of people who fail to show up for roll call at orientation, they said it was likely so.
4) Previous posts stated that the latest we will find out could be next week. If decisions are made tomorrow, the day of orientation, then the rejections (which would come via post) would probably hit your mail box sometime next week.

Hope that helps anyone.

Good luck to us all.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bincognito

New

Post by bincognito » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:25 pm

Anything guys?

gbelle

Bronze

Post by gbelle » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:36 pm

bincognito wrote:Anything guys?
Nothing.
There was movement off Stanford's wait list so I'm praying that means openings at Columbia. Guess we will see next week.....

puppiespaws

New

Post by puppiespaws » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:52 pm

I called yesterday and today and got the same response: no decision has been made yet. My feeling is that they're kind of not actively reviewing files at this point lol. And we didn't hear of anyone being rejected from second reserve to third reserve, did we? Kind of makes me think they just moved everyone over to third reserve, but who really knows.

It's just so frustrating. I'm (stupidly) still holding off on signing a lease, and I'm trying to figure out when is the exact time I should abandon all hope but am definitely not getting a clear, non-vague answer from admissions lol. I mean, I understand why they're so tight-lipped, but ungh. What do you guys think? Considering today and tomorrow is their registration/orientation and that classes start on Monday, do you think if we don't hear any good news by the end of tomorrow that it's ~~time to move on once and for all?

turkeychess

New

Post by turkeychess » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm kind of thinking if we don't hear by tomorrow it's unlikely, just because I can't imagine that they would be accepting students after the first day of classes. Although at this point I'm just guessing. Our best bet might be to get #holla@mecolumbia trending on Twitter.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nextstep222

New

Post by nextstep222 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:35 pm

turkeychess wrote:I'm kind of thinking if we don't hear by tomorrow it's unlikely, just because I can't imagine that they would be accepting students after the first day of classes. Although at this point I'm just guessing. Our best bet might be to get #holla@mecolumbia trending on Twitter.
UH WAIT YES

JuniperCreekEsq

Bronze

Post by JuniperCreekEsq » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:45 pm

nextstep222 wrote:
turkeychess wrote:I'm kind of thinking if we don't hear by tomorrow it's unlikely, just because I can't imagine that they would be accepting students after the first day of classes. Although at this point I'm just guessing. Our best bet might be to get #holla@mecolumbia trending on Twitter.
UH WAIT YES
Unfortunately my tag is a bit revealing. However, I'll tweet if you'll tweet. Also, I'm writing this from another school's orientation. #yolo

jabark

New

Post by jabark » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:11 pm

Also called today. Got the same vague answer everyone else seemed to get. Still no decisions. Does anyone have an idea of what they'll do in regard to housing at this point?

gbelle

Bronze

Post by gbelle » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:39 pm

jabark wrote:Also called today. Got the same vague answer everyone else seemed to get. Still no decisions. Does anyone have an idea of what they'll do in regard to housing at this point?
I live in the village currently, but my lease expires at the end of August.... I'm currently packing without the slightest idea where I will be in a week....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

puppiespaws

New

Post by puppiespaws » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Lol just called again. Still no decision. Has anyone else called today? Do you think they're even still looking at files or are beginning to send out rejection letters? I wish I could just get mine so I could finally give up lol, but alas. Does anyone else plan on throwing in the towel come Monday morning? This isn't healthy for me lol.

bailey8078

Bronze

Post by bailey8078 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:38 pm

puppiespaws wrote:Lol just called again. Still no decision. Has anyone else called today? Do you think they're even still looking at files or are beginning to send out rejection letters? I wish I could just get mine so I could finally give up lol, but alas. Does anyone else plan on throwing in the towel come Monday morning? This isn't healthy for me lol.
I emailed Wednesday afternoon restating my interest. Still no response. Not surprised. I'm holding out until the letter comes since I'm already living in NY.

JuniperCreekEsq

Bronze

Post by JuniperCreekEsq » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Rejected via email. Good luck, everyone!

bailey8078

Bronze

Post by bailey8078 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Closure.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nextstep222

New

Post by nextstep222 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Also rejected. I AIN'T EVEN MAD

jabark

New

Post by jabark » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:55 pm

Rejected here too. Also via email. I thought I would be a lot more upset than I am. Charlottesville it is! Looking forward to a good night's sleep. Good luck to the rest of you guys!

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:58 pm

what a thread
Last edited by sinfiery on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

puppiespaws

New

Post by puppiespaws » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:59 pm

Also rejected. At least I'm happy they sent an email so we didn't have to wait around for snail mail? lol idk.

So do you think they've got a full class now and there aren't any spots left to fill? There were a few people in this thread I was really rooting for, so I hope there's still a chance for them.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”