What's wrong with me? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GameSetMatch

New

What's wrong with me?

Post by GameSetMatch » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:42 pm

I received my undergraduate degree from Emory University with a major in economics (3.9 GPA) and I took the December 2011 LSAT and scored 174. I have applied to every law school listed in the top 15 law schools with the exception of Yale and Stanford and have been outright denied admission to all of those schools. I have no criminal record or any issues whatsoever. It's like I have been academically blacklisted and have no idea why it has taken place. My grandfather attended Duke, my father attended Wake Forest as well as two uncles. My family swears up and down that there is no such thing as academic blacklisting, but what else could it be? If anyone has any ideas on what could be the problem let me know :?

NanaP

Bronze

Re: What's wrong with me?

Post by NanaP » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:45 pm

GameSetMatch wrote:I received my undergraduate degree from Emory University with a major in economics (3.9 GPA) and I took the December 2011 LSAT and scored 174. I have applied to every law school listed in the top 15 law schools with the exception of Yale and Stanford and have been outright denied admission to all of those schools. I have no criminal record or any issues whatsoever. It's like I have been academically blacklisted and have no idea why it has taken place. My grandfather attended Duke, my father attended Wake Forest as well as two uncles. My family swears up and down that there is no such thing as academic blacklisting, but what else could it be? If anyone has any ideas on what could be the problem let me know :?

I'm not exactly sure, since I do not know your background. But yiu will have to look at your personal statement, and essays. It could be yield protection. My guess is that your essays did not inspire the adcoms....

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:47 pm

You would probably know what's wrong better than any of us. C & F issues? Probably not or else you would have stated so.
Did you read the LOR's you got? Someone might have just screwed you by sending in an awful one. No idea why they would, but there's very little else that explains your situation. Possibly you lied about a C&F issue and they all caught it with a little research?

ManOfTheMinute

Gold

Post by ManOfTheMinute » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:49 pm

It could also be that one of your LORs sucks... is there any chance that either prof knows something about you? Did you lie on your app anywhere?

MapsMapsMaps

New

Post by MapsMapsMaps » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Major typo in your apps? Send same essay to all schools? Spell name wrong on resume?

Yield protect at MVP and below?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GameSetMatch

New

Post by GameSetMatch » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:53 pm

Micdiddy wrote:You would probably know what's wrong better than any of us. C & F issues? Probably not or else you would have stated so.
Did you read the LOR's you got? Someone might have just screwed you by sending in an awful one. No idea why they would, but there's very little else that explains your situation. Possibly you lied about a C&F issue and they all caught it with a little research?
I had not thought about the LOR's, I guess that's possible. I was completely honest on the character and fitness section of the applications.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:55 pm

GameSetMatch wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:You would probably know what's wrong better than any of us. C & F issues? Probably not or else you would have stated so.
I had not thought about the LOR's, I guess that's possible. I was completely honest on the character and fitness section of the applications.
Does completely honest also entail no problems whatsoever? Or were you convicted of grand theft auto and completely honest about it?

GameSetMatch

New

Post by GameSetMatch » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:55 pm

I guess I should ask my professors if they gave me a good recommendation or not, but that doesn't mean they will tell me the truth.

GameSetMatch

New

Post by GameSetMatch » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:57 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
GameSetMatch wrote:
Does completely honest also entail no problems whatsoever? Or were you convicted of grand theft auto and completely honest about it?
I have a clean record. As in never even remotely done or thought about participating in criminal or academic dishonesty.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”