Held at Penn ? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
curious66

Bronze

Held at Penn ?

Post by curious66 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:48 am

So, apparently a hold is different than a WL.. but anyone know of a timeframe on decisions?

Anyone that was held back in January (basically the email states impressed w/credentials but no decision made yet) -- hear anything back since then? I submitted an LOCI earlier this week, got an email back saying they added it to the file .. but status checker has not changed.

rower23

New

Re: Held at Penn ?

Post by rower23 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:11 pm

Same, I was held and submitted a LOCI but all I've gotten was a confirmation. I'm guessing it'll be at least a month until they give us anything, I'd say March but that's just a guess

bananasplit19

Silver

Post by bananasplit19 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:19 pm

Same boat. Unfortunately, judging from last year's thread, the handful of held applicants I've found from a quick search were all eventually WL'd in February/March. Since these were all ED1 (ED2 is new this year), and given this year's volatility, I think we're in for a long wait.

comeonletsgo

Bronze

Post by comeonletsgo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:21 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:Same boat. Unfortunately, judging from last year's thread, the handful of held applicants I've found from a quick search were all eventually WL'd in February/March. Since these were all ED1 (ED2 is new this year), and given this year's volatility, I think we're in for a long wait.
NOOOOOOO!!!

(ED1 here, held mid-December)

bananasplit19

Silver

Post by bananasplit19 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:24 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:Same boat. Unfortunately, judging from last year's thread, the handful of held applicants I've found from a quick search were all eventually WL'd in February/March. Since these were all ED1 (ED2 is new this year), and given this year's volatility, I think we're in for a long wait.
NOOOOOOO!!!

(ED1 here, held mid-December)
Note that this was off a 5-minute search, and is far from exhaustive. For all I know, there are a bunch of posters who got in that I just didn't read. Keep the faith!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rower23

New

Post by rower23 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:39 pm

They may be changing it a bit this year and putting more people on hold, I'm RD

curious66

Bronze

Post by curious66 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:43 pm

rower23 wrote:
Yes, I am/was RD also, held earlier in January. So, the wait continues ..

florida1949

Bronze

Post by florida1949 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:48 pm

curious66 wrote:
rower23 wrote:
+1, its going to be a long cycle

curious66

Bronze

Post by curious66 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:50 pm

florida1949 wrote:
curious66 wrote:
rower23 wrote:
+1, its going to be a long cycle
Sad though, because apps are down and you would think they would want to get going. Oh well, out of our hands anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bkdude44

New

Post by bkdude44 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:19 pm

Sad though, because apps are down and you would think they would want to get going. Oh well, out of our hands anyway/

^^I was thinking the same thing.

Just checking in. ED2. Also held last week.

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:04 am

There's already a thread on this but this one seems more alive.

Sigh. For all EDers, hate to be a debbie downer but there isn't much hope IMO.
If you're held RD I don't think you have to worry. Don't think it means much. It either means you aren't an auto admit or they are thinking of yield protecting you. Tons of people got off held last year from RD cycle.

As for ED. Most, if not all, held ED were WLed/rejected last year. I even PMed a lot of users (since no one friggin updates). All of those who responded were waitlisted or rejected.
I have yet to find one who got in held. Anyone know if there's been an ED held acceptance before at Penn? I sure would like some kind of hope. I haven't found anything on TLS or LSN though.

The only hope I have is the down cycle + ED 2 unpredictability. But honestly, if they didn't accept us ED why would they RD? I'm planning on riding the WL if I have to...

As for decision dates:
If this year is anything like last year, we probably will hear back this Wed or Friday.

Good luck everyone! Keep each other updated!!

guinness1547

Silver

Post by guinness1547 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:36 am

Yeah I'm not holding my breath.

lawschoolboundfuture

Bronze

Post by lawschoolboundfuture » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:07 am

I applied in September (was complete that month too) and still havent heard anything (not rejected, held, wait-listed or accepted). i've had my second under review date since december. No idea, whats going on here. Is not hearing anything basically mean I've been held?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

spyke123

Bronze

Post by spyke123 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:14 am

did any of your UR date change after the initial hold date? mine updated recently....

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:57 pm

spyke123 wrote:did any of your UR date change after the initial hold date? mine updated recently....
Wow. My UR date #3 was the day I got held (in Dec) and nothing after that.

I did send an additional essay but received no confirmation. I called and they acknowledged it but I'm thinking about calling again.

curious66

Bronze

Post by curious66 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:04 am

senorhosh wrote:
spyke123 wrote:did any of your UR date change after the initial hold date? mine updated recently....
Wow. My UR date #3 was the day I got held (in Dec) and nothing after that.

I did send an additional essay but received no confirmation. I called and they acknowledged it but I'm thinking about calling again.

My UR date #3 has not updated since I went into "held" status. They did acknowledge my LOCI via email, but nothing since then :(

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:44 am

Anybody have any updates? I'm still waiting....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

banjo

Silver

Post by banjo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:49 am

I think I'm still held too. Submitted two letters of continued interest and an additional essay. Fail.

ht2988

Bronze

Post by ht2988 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:51 am

My UCR3 date is still the same as my hold date (1/25), but I did have a 5th LOR sent in the last week of February and that is now listed under my LOR section. I also sent an LOCI a few weeks ago and Dean Post emailed me to confirm that both updates were received. I called last week and asked when I might expect a decision and they said anytime between now and the end of April :shock:

banjo

Silver

Post by banjo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:54 am

^Oh my LOCIs were acknowledged via email but don't appear on my status checker.

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:26 pm

ht2988 wrote:My UCR3 date is still the same as my hold date (1/25), but I did have a 5th LOR sent in the last week of February and that is now listed under my LOR section. I also sent an LOCI a few weeks ago and Dean Post emailed me to confirm that both updates were received. I called last week and asked when I might expect a decision and they said anytime between now and the end of April :shock:

You got an email personally from Dean Post? 0.0
Mine just says Penn Law Admissions...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ht2988

Bronze

Post by ht2988 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:15 pm

senorhosh wrote:
ht2988 wrote:My UCR3 date is still the same as my hold date (1/25), but I did have a 5th LOR sent in the last week of February and that is now listed under my LOR section. I also sent an LOCI a few weeks ago and Dean Post emailed me to confirm that both updates were received. I called last week and asked when I might expect a decision and they said anytime between now and the end of April :shock:

You got an email personally from Dean Post? 0.0
Mine just says Penn Law Admissions...
I sent it directly to Dean Post, since her signature was at the bottom of my hold letter.

ht2988

Bronze

Post by ht2988 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:40 pm

OMG penn... this wait is painful. has anyone in this thread heard back yet?

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:19 am

ht2988 wrote:OMG penn... this wait is painful. has anyone in this thread heard back yet?
Tell me about it. I've been waiting EVERYDAY (well, Mon-Fri) for a call. Every morning starts with "I hope I get a call today!", and the day ending with "maybe tomorrow?".

I think a couple people on hold have been waitlisted and a very few (at least one) have been accepted.

For those who haven't heard back yet: do you guys have a status change? I'm still sitting at UR#3 12/12/12

ht2988

Bronze

Post by ht2988 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:18 pm

Still UR3 1/25
Who else is left here?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”