Davis c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
doppelganger

Bronze

Re: Davis c/o 2016

Post by doppelganger » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:06 pm

FortunaGubernans wrote:Raise your hand if you would really, really like to see some movement up in here.
+1

Did anyone else attend the faculty chat? It made me even more sure that this is the right place for me (if only admissions would realize :lol: ) And can anyone tell me about their personal experiences with alumni, campus, or surrounding area?

Stay strong, fellow waiters, stay strong :|

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:43 am

doppelganger wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:Raise your hand if you would really, really like to see some movement up in here.
+1

Did anyone else attend the faculty chat? It made me even more sure that this is the right place for me (if only admissions would realize :lol: ) And can anyone tell me about their personal experiences with alumni, campus, or surrounding area?

Well, I was waiting to see if anyone else would reply, but it's pretty dead in here, sadly. Yes, I attended the faculty chat. And I have also been to campus. It's really nice. The town is clean and friendly-looking with lots of good restaurants and shops. The building itself is pretty cool. The classrooms look very classy. It's not super old breathtaking architecture, but it does have a certain charm. Do you have any specific questions?

mehh

Bronze

Post by mehh » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Complete since 12-6-12. Why am I not in review yet? Should I email admissions?

apinarba

New

Post by apinarba » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:13 pm

mehh wrote:Complete since 12-6-12. Why am I not in review yet? Should I email admissions?
Are you "Awaiting Evaluation"? I have been there since about the same time as you- I haven't worried about it... yet at least.

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:21 pm

Psh. Please. I've been there since October.

It's gotta be soon, though, right? They said their first wave would be in January, and there's not that much January left...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mehh

Bronze

Post by mehh » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm

apinarba wrote:
mehh wrote:Complete since 12-6-12. Why am I not in review yet? Should I email admissions?
Are you "Awaiting Evaluation"? I have been there since about the same time as you- I haven't worried about it... yet at least.

Yeah. I'm at, "Application File Complete - Awaiting Evaluation."

BOOOO

elblufer

Bronze

Post by elblufer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:10 pm

I've been at evaluation in progress for a month...no decision.

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:18 pm

doppelganger wrote:
+1

Really? I attended the faculty chat and thought it was just them taking softball questions to boost their image. I tried asking some actually tough questions and the moderator wouldn't put any of them through.
Anyway, despite that annoyance, the city of Davis is fantastic. It's beautiful, everyone is really, really nice and there are many great restaurants and ongoing events (tons of pub quiz nights, some local shows, the occasional cafe concert, on campus events, etc.).
The campus is similarly amazing though King's Hall itself is underwhelming. Shield's Library is fantastic and the law school comes with its own separate library as well just for law students.
So, when it comes to location I cannot recommend Davis highly enough. As for the school I have known some alumni who loved it and found good jobs, and some who told me "GO TO THE BEST SCHOOL YOU CAN AND FORGET DAVIS," obviously that advice is numbers based, for some people Davis IS the best school they can get into.
As someone with numbers that may get me into a t14, but who wants to work in Sacramento after graduation, I am still torn as to whether Davis, or somewhere else, is right for me. I guess, I need to get in first! Still awaiting evaluation :)

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:24 pm

snore... UR since god knows when. A bit more personal admissions process would probably further my attention at attending if I did get accepted.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mehh

Bronze

Post by mehh » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:13 pm

I'm in review. It's a miracle!

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:27 pm

mehh wrote:I'm in review. It's a miracle!
Yep same here! "Evaluation in Progress" to be exact.

md22

Bronze

Post by md22 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:33 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
mehh wrote:I'm in review. It's a miracle!
Yep same here! "Evaluation in Progress" to be exact.
Damn, I've been "Awaiting Evaluation" since early January. I hope we see some movement in the next couple of weeks.

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:23 am

Good God, I just had a mini-heart attack!

My status changed to "Decision has been mailed". And it must have just changed because I've checked it like six times today. Has the first wave begun? Does anyone know if that particular wording indicates anything (ie, they send a letter if it's a rejection and an email if it's an acceptance)?

I AM FREAKING OUT.

Now I'm going to be that crazy lady who lives in the post office and accosts mailmen headed near her street...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:29 am

FortunaGubernans wrote:Good God, I just had a mini-heart attack!

My status changed to "Decision has been mailed". And it must have just changed because I've checked it like six times today. Has the first wave begun? Does anyone know if that particular wording indicates anything (ie, they send a letter if it's a rejection and an email if it's an acceptance)?

I AM FREAKING OUT.

Now I'm going to be that crazy lady who lives in the post office and accosts mailmen headed near her street...
surly you're not telling the truth. a decision at Davis? impossible. when did you go complete?

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:32 am

WisemanAEKDB wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:Good God, I just had a mini-heart attack!

I AM FREAKING OUT.

surly you're not telling the truth. a decision at Davis? impossible. when did you go complete?
WisemanAEKDB wrote:
In October. Also, past forums about Davis implied to me that I could click on "Decision has been mailed" and it would link to a PDF version of the letter they sent me. This is not happening, despite my furious clicking. Why would they discontinue that practice! It is such an excellent practice!

....I really am not as crazy as I sound. Except right now I am.

jen1park

New

Post by jen1park » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:32 am

Same status, DLS!

I submitted early October. 8)

[edit] Davis is the 4th to last school I am still waiting upon so any news is very welcome.

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:33 am

complete 11/27 here. I don't feel too bad about it then :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:37 am

I'm alternating between refreshing my email, the status checker page, and this page. Who would like to endlessly discuss my current anxiety with me? Anyone? PM me!

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:40 am

come on fortuna... the status checker even says
Do not become concerned..... There is no need to panic.

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:42 am

WisemanAEKDB wrote:come on fortuna... the status checker even says
Do not become concerned..... There is no need to panic.
Lol. It also says:

"After a decision has been made, information at the status check site will inform you of the date on which the decision letter was mailed. An unofficial copy of the text of your decision letter will be posted to the website so that you can read the content wherever you are in the world."

FALSE! I am in the world right now, and I can read nothing!

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:44 am

Wait! I am smart and I tried to log into the Admitted Students Website and I can!

I CAN!

Everything is great.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:46 am

FortunaGubernans wrote:Wait! I am smart and I tried to log into the Admitted Students Website and I can!

I CAN!

Everything is great.
Smart enough to get into law school... Barely smart enough to operate the AS website. Congrats! :lol:

edit: LOL, i tried to log in just to see..

"I'm sorry but this site is for admitted students only." haha. congrats again! stats if you don't mind?

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:52 am

WisemanAEKDB wrote:
FortunaGubernans wrote:Wait! I am smart and I tried to log into the Admitted Students Website and I can!

I CAN!

Everything is great.
Smart enough to get into law school... Barely smart enough to operate the AS website. Congrats! :lol:

edit: LOL, i tried to log in just to see..

"I'm sorry but this site is for admitted students only." haha. congrats again! stats if you don't mind?
Thanks! I'll PM you. And for the record, you're not missing much. It still has all the Class of 2015 info. Silly Davis. You didn't know I'd get in there early, did you!?

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:53 am

Congrats!

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:55 am

Micdiddy wrote:Congrats!
Thanks, Micdiddy! I hope the rest of you hear good news soon, too!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”