Held at Georgetown

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aurel1a

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:10 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by Aurel1a » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:27 am

nsosa wrote:
TxEx13 wrote:Applied mid December. I did not take the December LSAT. Got held 1/8. Sigh...
Yea same... :/
Similar, although I applied mid-November. No interview or anything, just a hold notification. GPA 3.86 LSAT 161

Pitt2016

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by Pitt2016 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:17 am

Is being Held different than being Deferred? I applied ED in early Nov and was deferred to the RD pool in mid-Nov.

BigTex

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:49 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by BigTex » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:55 am

Pitt2016 wrote:Is being Held different than being Deferred? I applied ED in early Nov and was deferred to the RD pool in mid-Nov.

I think it's pretty much the same idea. They just push you into the larger pool of applicants. For those of us that got held RD, they just wait until the January influx comes in to see what they have to work with.

Adcomm

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by Adcomm » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:23 pm

Pitt2016 wrote:Is being Held different than being Deferred? I applied ED in early Nov and was deferred to the RD pool in mid-Nov.
I think you are Held if you applied RD and you are Deferred if you applied ED, but it means the same thing essentially.

User avatar
Dexter97

Bronze
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by Dexter97 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:29 am

Should I send in a LOCI now? Or should I hold off and save it in case Im moved to the waitlist?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
the_rza

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by the_rza » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:59 pm

Dexter97 wrote:Should I send in a LOCI now? Or should I hold off and save it in case Im moved to the waitlist?
I was wondering the same, the "hold" email mentioned that I don't need to do anything on my part so I didn't want to possibly annoy them with LOCI.

Law2511

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:49 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by Law2511 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:17 pm

Held early January. Needed to revive this thread for my sanity lol.

User avatar
sbenj

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:13 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by sbenj » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:25 pm

Law2511 wrote:Held early January. Needed to revive this thread for my sanity lol.
+1 Dying to know if/when there will be movement.

Law2511

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:49 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by Law2511 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:54 pm

sbenj wrote:
Law2511 wrote:Held early January. Needed to revive this thread for my sanity lol.
+1 Dying to know if/when there will be movement.
I sent a LOCI and had my tutor send a LOR. FINGERS CROSSED!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


dony_tanza

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:10 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by dony_tanza » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:49 pm

Just moved from "held" to preferred waitlist. Let's see what happens

User avatar
cub1014

Bronze
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:30 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by cub1014 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:08 pm

dony_tanza wrote:Just moved from "held" to preferred waitlist. Let's see what happens
Did you send an LOCI? Was it via email?

dony_tanza

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:10 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by dony_tanza » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:59 pm

cub1014 wrote:
dony_tanza wrote:Just moved from "held" to preferred waitlist. Let's see what happens
Did you send an LOCI? Was it via email?
Surprisingly no, I didn't, thought I was a huge longshot. Yeah, I got an email, will send an LOCI now.

User avatar
seashell.economy

Bronze
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by seashell.economy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:04 pm

"Held at Georgetown" sounds like a bad rom-com.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Law2511

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:49 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by Law2511 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:11 am

dony_tanza wrote:Just moved from "held" to preferred waitlist. Let's see what happens
When did you originally get held?

ewcooke

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by ewcooke » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:08 pm

I was moved from deferred (ED) to denied yesterday. Good luck to everyone else that is waiting.

dony_tanza

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:10 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by dony_tanza » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Law2511 wrote:
dony_tanza wrote:Just moved from "held" to preferred waitlist. Let's see what happens
When did you originally get held?
12/4/15

violinguy27

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:30 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by violinguy27 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:00 pm

Dinged yesterday after being held. Was hoping to get in but with my splitter numbers I'm not too surprised.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
the_rza

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by the_rza » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:27 pm

violinguy27 wrote:Dinged yesterday after being held. Was hoping to get in but with my splitter numbers I'm not too surprised.
Mind if I ask your stats? I've also been held, really anxious to hear back from them.
Anyone else who got dinged,waitlisted or accepted i'd love to know your stats as well.

cjudy1

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by cjudy1 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:34 pm

Preferred waitlist on 2/5/16. 168/3.69

runnergirlXC

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:12 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by runnergirlXC » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:12 pm

Held back in December, but able to generate a login email from the admitted students website today....we'll see how this one ends :!: :?:

User avatar
squirtlesquad14

Bronze
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:36 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by squirtlesquad14 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:23 pm

runnergirlXC wrote:Held back in December, but able to generate a login email from the admitted students website today....we'll see how this one ends :!: :?:
If you can generate ASW credentials, you're in. Congrats! :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


runnergirlXC

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:12 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by runnergirlXC » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:26 pm

squirtlesquad14 wrote:
runnergirlXC wrote:Held back in December, but able to generate a login email from the admitted students website today....we'll see how this one ends :!: :?:
If you can generate ASW credentials, you're in. Congrats! :D

I know the consensus is that I am but it's hard to believe without proof!!

Thank you so much though :)

User avatar
squirtlesquad14

Bronze
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:36 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by squirtlesquad14 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:29 pm

runnergirlXC wrote:
squirtlesquad14 wrote:
runnergirlXC wrote:Held back in December, but able to generate a login email from the admitted students website today....we'll see how this one ends :!: :?:
If you can generate ASW credentials, you're in. Congrats! :D

I know the consensus is that I am but it's hard to believe without proof!!

Thank you so much though :)
As far as I've been able to tell this cycle, they always send out letters on Mondays, so depending on where you live you should have good news in the mailbox sometime Wednesday-Saturday.

User avatar
cub1014

Bronze
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:30 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by cub1014 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:33 pm

I did the same thing as runnergirl and I was able to generate a random username and password but they wouldn't let me log onto the page. Does that mean anything at all or no?

User avatar
squirtlesquad14

Bronze
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:36 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by squirtlesquad14 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:39 pm

cub1014 wrote:I did the same thing as runnergirl and I was able to generate a random username and password but they wouldn't let me log onto the page. Does that mean anything at all or no?
It can take several days for the credentials to work, but if you can generate them, you are in. You haven't been admitted, you'll get an error when you try to create them.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”