Held at Georgetown

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
hopelessoptimist

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:51 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by hopelessoptimist » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:45 am

Me too. Trying not to drive myself crazy once again trying to figure what it might mean.

Also, I'm going to be in Washington, D.C. early next week and was thinking of calling GULC to set up a meeting with an admissions officer. Worth doing at this point? Any ideas on what I could cover or try to accomplish in such a meeting?

User avatar
bananasplit19

Silver
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by bananasplit19 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:22 pm

hopelessoptimist wrote:Me too. Trying not to drive myself crazy once again trying to figure what it might mean.

Also, I'm going to be in Washington, D.C. early next week and was thinking of calling GULC to set up a meeting with an admissions officer. Worth doing at this point? Any ideas on what I could cover or try to accomplish in such a meeting?
Another held TLSer and I went to DC to visit GULC for an info session/campus tour back in January. Don't think either of us have had a decision rendered yet, but I'm glad I did make the visit, and I'm confident that it can only help. If you're in the area, you should definitely try to set something up.

CMC88

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by CMC88 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:03 pm

I updated again today...

SGrant723

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:15 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by SGrant723 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:24 pm

I also got a second update today. Was held in January. Updated 2/13 and 2/14.

nordi

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by nordi » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:47 pm

For those of you who are seeing updates, mine still says, status: application completed.

A couple of you said you are now under review. Is it just the ED guys who are seeing that?

Also, I interviewed in October and had the sense that it didn't go too well. I'm jealous of those who had an interviewer who was simply trying to sell Georgetown. The guy who interviewed me was really nice, but my mind was elsewhere for a variety of reasons, and I'm sure it came through.
Last edited by nordi on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


kckool7

Bronze
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by kckool7 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:47 pm

Question for you ED'ers. GULC says that they'll get back to ED applicants within 3 weeks, assuming complete before 2/1 and no interview. From my nominal research, it looks like GULC snail mails acceptances, and e-mails WL's and dings. So, if it gets to the 3 week mark, and there hasn't been an e-mail yet, can it be reasonably inferred that an acceptance is in the mail?

CMC88

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by CMC88 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:50 pm

nordi wrote:For those of you who are seeing updates, mine still says, status: application completed.

A couple of you said you are now under review. Is it just the ED guys who are seeing that?

Also, I interviewed in October and had the sense that it didn't go too well. I'm jeleous of those who had an interviewer who was simply trying to sell Georgetown. The guy who interviewed me was really nice, but my mind was elsewhere for a variety of reasons, and I'm sure it came through.
I was not ED. I was RD and went complete late November and held in January.

maxiguess

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by maxiguess » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:51 pm

kckool7 wrote:Question for you ED'ers. GULC says that they'll get back to ED applicants within 3 weeks, assuming complete before 2/1 and no interview. From my nominal research, it looks like GULC snail mails acceptances, and e-mails WL's and dings. So, if it gets to the 3 week mark, and there hasn't been an e-mail yet, can it be reasonably inferred that an acceptance is in the mail?
No. Admissions Committees don't operate under UTC. Not even sure they use the Gregorian calendar.

SGrant723

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:15 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by SGrant723 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:53 pm

I was also not ED. I was RD then Held in January also.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


atwardow

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:46 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by atwardow » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:14 pm

maxiguess wrote:
kckool7 wrote:Question for you ED'ers. GULC says that they'll get back to ED applicants within 3 weeks, assuming complete before 2/1 and no interview. From my nominal research, it looks like GULC snail mails acceptances, and e-mails WL's and dings. So, if it gets to the 3 week mark, and there hasn't been an e-mail yet, can it be reasonably inferred that an acceptance is in the mail?
No. Admissions Committees don't operate under UTC. Not even sure they use the Gregorian calendar.
I spat my pop out when I read this.

kckool7

Bronze
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by kckool7 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:41 pm

maxiguess wrote:
kckool7 wrote:Question for you ED'ers. GULC says that they'll get back to ED applicants within 3 weeks, assuming complete before 2/1 and no interview. From my nominal research, it looks like GULC snail mails acceptances, and e-mails WL's and dings. So, if it gets to the 3 week mark, and there hasn't been an e-mail yet, can it be reasonably inferred that an acceptance is in the mail?
No. Admissions Committees don't operate under UTC. Not even sure they use the Gregorian calendar.
That made me smile :lol:

WaitingandHopeful

Bronze
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by WaitingandHopeful » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Still no updates for me since before I interviewed. Held in mid January.

kthoma23

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by kthoma23 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Interviewed in November, held in mid nov, and still no update. Current status at 11/14

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
clyde13

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by clyde13 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:59 pm

I was held at the end of November, and I got an update 2/12 and another one 2/13. That has to mean something, right? Two updates in a row?

Manhattanman

Bronze
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by Manhattanman » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:01 pm

In the same boat. Hoping 12th is review and 13th is acceptance mailing date. Wishful thinking, though...

hopelessoptimist

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:51 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by hopelessoptimist » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:43 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
hopelessoptimist wrote:Me too. Trying not to drive myself crazy once again trying to figure what it might mean.

Also, I'm going to be in Washington, D.C. early next week and was thinking of calling GULC to set up a meeting with an admissions officer. Worth doing at this point? Any ideas on what I could cover or try to accomplish in such a meeting?
Another held TLSer and I went to DC to visit GULC for an info session/campus tour back in January. Don't think either of us have had a decision rendered yet, but I'm glad I did make the visit, and I'm confident that it can only help. If you're in the area, you should definitely try to set something up.
Thanks, I will call GULC tomorrow to set it up.

So many people getting updates while I'm still sitting at 11/13 (held in mid December) is starting to get somewhat discouraging. Could it be that those who are getting updates are being considered for the different WLs, while those who aren't moving will be dinged?

SGrant723

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:15 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by SGrant723 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:55 pm

Manhattan - for both your sake and mine I hope you're right! haha. Good luck guys!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
bananasplit19

Silver
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by bananasplit19 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:57 pm

hopelessoptimist wrote:Could it be that those who are getting updates are being considered for the different WLs, while those who aren't moving will be dinged?
/looks at user name
/does not compute

hopelessoptimist

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:51 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by hopelessoptimist » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:15 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
hopelessoptimist wrote:Could it be that those who are getting updates are being considered for the different WLs, while those who aren't moving will be dinged?
/looks at user name
/does not compute
haha maybe I should just drop the last half of my username.

February might be the shortest month of the year, but right now it feels like the longest. CMON GTOWN! Show us purgatory dwellers some love already!

User avatar
bananasplit19

Silver
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by bananasplit19 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:46 pm

Here's a question: how many of us are ED-deferred, and how many of us are held from the RD pool? Still trying to read the tea leaves of who got updated and who is still waiting. I'm an ED-deferral, myself.

User avatar
rufus&miles

Bronze
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by rufus&miles » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:49 pm

RD pool here

Edit: so you don't have to go looking I got updates 2/13 & 2/14 after being held 12/6

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


CMC88

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by CMC88 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:56 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:Here's a question: how many of us are ED-deferred, and how many of us are held from the RD pool? Still trying to read the tea leaves of who got updated and who is still waiting. I'm an ED-deferral, myself.
I am an RD candidate. Went complete 11/26, group interview in December, held January 5 thereabouts. Updated 2/13 and 2/14.

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy

Silver
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:58 pm

ED here

Held: 11/28
Updates: 2/12 and 2/13

pmd49

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by pmd49 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:01 pm

RD. Held 12/5. Updated to Application Completed 2/13. This means decision's coming soon right? Any idea of e-mail or snail mail (haven't read through all posts and haven't looked extensively at regular GULC thread)?

CMC88

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Held at Georgetown

Post by CMC88 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:05 pm

pmd49 wrote:RD. Held 12/5. Updated to Application Completed 2/13. This means decision's coming soon right? Any idea of e-mail or snail mail (haven't read through all posts and haven't looked extensively at regular GULC thread)?
Acceptances are via snail mail (very small envelope, I hear). Rejections and WLs are e-mailed.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”