LSU C/O 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ktaite89

New

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Post by ktaite89 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Are there any later applicants (mid-March or later) who have heard anything from admissions yet? Just wondering when I may hear something since I haven't been accepted, waitlisted, or denied. Anyone else in the same boat?

I have a seat deposit due to Penn State in four days, but I would much rather stay in the South.

RAWR

Bronze

Post by RAWR » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:01 am

ktaite89 wrote:Are there any later applicants (mid-March or later) who have heard anything from admissions yet? Just wondering when I may hear something since I haven't been accepted, waitlisted, or denied. Anyone else in the same boat?

I have a seat deposit due to Penn State in four days, but I would much rather stay in the South.
I applied 3/1 and heard back a week and half ago, but no money. They're out entirely, evidently. "We're state funded, yada yada."

rshw89

New

Post by rshw89 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:14 am

Does anybody mind sharing what the big surprise at the scholarship dinner was now that it is over?

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:23 am

smashndash wrote:
RAWR wrote:This is kind of how I am, just tired of Baton Rouge. Leaning tulane as well
how was LSU's scholarships compared to Tulanes? Tulane threw me 10k a year, still waiting on LSU's.

we can PM if you arnt comfortable posting
LSU will definitely be a lot cheaper, but most of the scholarships awarded have high stipulations. Out-of-state waiver usually comes with a top 1/3-1/2 stipulation. Definitely use your Tulane acceptance over negotiations, it seems to bode well.

Ashley and Toshiba, I'm sadly not going to be joining you at LSU. I just accepted Kentucky's offer. But I hope we keep in touch!

Toshiba31

New

Post by Toshiba31 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:16 am

togepi wrote:
smashndash wrote:
RAWR wrote:This is kind of how I am, just tired of Baton Rouge. Leaning tulane as well
how was LSU's scholarships compared to Tulanes? Tulane threw me 10k a year, still waiting on LSU's.

LSU will definitely be a lot cheaper, but most of the scholarships awarded have high stipulations. Out-of-state waiver usually comes with a top 1/3-1/2 stipulation. Definitely use your Tulane acceptance over negotiations, it seems to bode well.

Ashley and Toshiba, I'm sadly not going to be joining you at LSU. I just accepted Kentucky's offer. But I hope we keep in touch!
Aww :( Well congrats to you. I have a feeling you're going to do exceptionally well in law school. Best wishes

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DorthyMantooth

New

Post by DorthyMantooth » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:17 am

I'm an LSU undergrad going out of state for law school. Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone the best of luck. It's a great campus and I'm sure those of you who will be experiencing it for the first time will love it. Here are the February Bar results incase anyone was curious how LSU fared.- http://www.lasc.org/press_room/bar_resu ... School.htm

LALaw33

New

Post by LALaw33 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:18 pm

DorthyMantooth wrote:I'm an LSU undergrad going out of state for law school. Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone the best of luck. It's a great campus and I'm sure those of you who will be experiencing it for the first time will love it. Here are the February Bar results incase anyone was curious how LSU fared.- http://www.lasc.org/press_room/bar_resu ... School.htm
You are a saint

smashndash

New

Post by smashndash » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:38 pm

DorthyMantooth wrote:I'm an LSU undergrad going out of state for law school. Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone the best of luck. It's a great campus and I'm sure those of you who will be experiencing it for the first time will love it. Here are the February Bar results incase anyone was curious how LSU fared.- http://www.lasc.org/press_room/bar_resu ... School.htm

Dayum! low

rshw89

New

Post by rshw89 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:18 pm

smashndash wrote:

Dayum! low
I would imagine that this is a bit of a statistical anomaly having to do with the pool that takes the test in February.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DorthyMantooth

New

Post by DorthyMantooth » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:38 pm

smashndash wrote:I would imagine that this is a bit of a statistical anomaly having to do with the pool that takes the test in February.
smashndash wrote:

Dayum! low
I would imagine that this is a bit of a statistical anomaly having to do with the pool that takes the test in February.
I would say so, however Louisiana did just change the bar. Last year's score was higher but Louisiana also allowed a conditioning carryover from the previous July exam. The state let the people that conditioned in July 2011 only take the exams they needed to pass in Feb 2012, so those scores were factored into last February's results. This year that was not the case because there is not any more conditioning. How big of a factor that played in last years results, I don't know.

I will also say that the conditions for this years exam were extremely messed up. This years bar was in New Orleans, the week in between the Super Bowl and Mardi Gras. Somebody I work with just took it so I know that there was not a hotel to be had. Just some insight, I have no dog in the fight.

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:02 am

STILL the highest percentage in the state... jussayin :)

LSU2016

New

Post by LSU2016 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:24 pm

In terms of the bar results... Yeah, they suck. But as it's been said, most of those people have already failed the bar. In fact, I know someone who just took it and failed it the third time that round (not from lsu). That's just the nature of the February test.

Neither here nor there-- my question to anyone is:

Anybody know when we get info on loans/financial aid?

Thanks!
:D

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:57 pm

LSU2016 wrote:In terms of the bar results... Yeah, they suck. But as it's been said, most of those people have already failed the bar. In fact, I know someone who just took it and failed it the third time that round (not from lsu). That's just the nature of the February test.

Neither here nor there-- my question to anyone is:

Anybody know when we get info on loans/financial aid?

Thanks!
:D

per the financial aid director, Megan- end of April

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RAWR

Bronze

Post by RAWR » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:27 pm

Withdrawn. They ran out of money by the time I applied (allegedly), but hopefully someone OOS will get off the wait list!

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:46 pm

togepi wrote:
smashndash wrote:

Well Congrats on the decision! Kentucky is lucky to have you! We will of course keep in touch! Best of luck!!!!

smashndash

New

Post by smashndash » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:19 pm

recieved my acceptance email about 12 days ago, in which they said my Scholly info would come with my acceptance letter. Anyone know if LSU gived out Scholly info over the phone?

geauxtigers2009

New

Post by geauxtigers2009 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:57 pm

smashndash wrote:recieved my acceptance email about 12 days ago, in which they said my Scholly info would come with my acceptance letter. Anyone know if LSU gived out Scholly info over the phone?
They don't

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Toshiba31

New

Post by Toshiba31 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:30 pm

geauxtigers2009 wrote:
smashndash wrote:recieved my acceptance email about 12 days ago, in which they said my Scholly info would come with my acceptance letter. Anyone know if LSU gived out Scholly info over the phone?
They don't
this is correct. It would be stated in the acceptance letter.

rshw89

New

Post by rshw89 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:05 pm

Withdrew today with 100% in-state tuition scholarship. Hope my seat and money goes to TLSers.

smashndash

New

Post by smashndash » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Ah aight. I still havent gotten the letter...

geauxtigers2009

New

Post by geauxtigers2009 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:09 pm

rshw89 wrote:Withdrew today with 100% in-state tuition scholarship. Hope my seat and money goes to TLSers.
Same here

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TigerLawTWD

New

Post by TigerLawTWD » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:27 pm

Hello,

My lifelong dream has been to go to LSU Law and I plan to apply to join the class of 2016. My stats are a little low (146/2.4) but I will be able to demonstrate my strong work ethic because it only took 2 years for me to transfer out of community college.

What are my chances?

DoodytheClown

New

Post by DoodytheClown » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi I am sooooooooo excited about LSU Law. Just a quick question, are there any people in the class of 2016 who love towels? I'm a huge fan of towels, and was planning on starting a towel fan club at LSU Law and was wondering if anyone else might like to join? Sometimes when I'm feeling especially courageous, I like to eat them. Something about having cotton fabric stuck in my teeth really invigorates me. I hope I'm not the only one! Cheers!

Zoomie

Bronze

Post by Zoomie » Wed May 01, 2013 11:37 pm

No WL movement lately. I drove by the law school on Saturday. From the previous years it looks like they start going to the WL in mid May.

kjb

New

Post by kjb » Tue May 21, 2013 11:46 am

offered a spot off the wait list on Friday, 10k off OOS tuition pending the top 68% of the class

ETA

declined the offer yesterday, good luck to those that remain

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”