WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DoveBodyWash

Gold

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Post by DoveBodyWash » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:27 pm

ceweiss10 wrote:Question. Has anyone been waiting a hell of a long time for their WUSL app to go "Complete?"

After an email confirming the receipt of my application on 12/4, it's been total radio silence. I understand that their status checker says very clearly at the top that it can take up to two weeks, and additionally, that this is probably a super hectic couple of weeks for admissions offices. However! I just wanted to be sure this isn't completely outside of the norm...
I think you just applied during a really busy time. I applied around a similar time last year and it took me several weeks to go Complete. I wouldn't worry about it too much, they probably have around 5-8 people in their admissions office (I remember Dean Clifford saying they lost 2 people last cycle for some reason). So between reviewing apps, organizing apps, and sending out decision packets they're probably all scrambling for time.

ceweiss10

New

Post by ceweiss10 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:31 pm

cusenation wrote:
ceweiss10 wrote:Question. Has anyone been waiting a hell of a long time for their WUSL app to go "Complete?"

After an email confirming the receipt of my application on 12/4, it's been total radio silence. I understand that their status checker says very clearly at the top that it can take up to two weeks, and additionally, that this is probably a super hectic couple of weeks for admissions offices. However! I just wanted to be sure this isn't completely outside of the norm...
I think you just applied during a really busy time. I applied around a similar time last year and it took me several weeks to go Complete. I wouldn't worry about it too much, they probably have around 5-8 people in their admissions office (I remember Dean Clifford saying they lost 2 people last cycle for some reason). So between reviewing apps, organizing apps, and sending out decision packets they're probably all scrambling for time.
Awesome -- yeah, I figured as much. Just wanted to double check. Guess I'll just sit tight for now. Thanks!

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:32 pm

ceweiss10 wrote:
cusenation wrote:

Awesome -- yeah, I figured as much. Just wanted to double check. Guess I'll just sit tight for now. Thanks!
Just looked at your numbers. You'll be fine lol

JesusChrist

Bronze

Post by JesusChrist » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:34 pm

anteater1 wrote:Clifford mentioned a possible travel stipend during the interview, if I get one ill see you guys at ASW
Yes, she also mentioned it as a possibility for me. But I'm not sure how to proceed. Either way I think I am going to wait for to packet to arrive before I decide anything. I would really like to see St Louis though.

EDIT: Last year's entering class was just over 200 I think, down from 243. WUSTL wasn't a top choice for me going into this cycle but if they keep up this trend, it will be very attractive.
Last edited by JesusChrist on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:37 pm

JesusChrist wrote:
anteater1 wrote:Clifford mentioned a possible travel stipend during the interview, if I get one ill see you guys at ASW
Yes, she also mentioned it as a possibility for me. But I'm not sure how to proceed. Either way I think I am going to wait for to packet to arrive before I decide anything. I would really like to see St Louis though.

Just so everyone isn't as bewildered as I was last year, apparently their subway/light rail system runs on the honor system. There are no turnstiles or anything to check whether you paid for your fare or not. You're just supposed to pay at one of the machines and hop on. Apparently people in the Midwest are much more honest than us jerks on in the Northeast...

I remember buying my ticket and just looking around to see where I was supposed to insert it..so confused lol

(Evidently there are workers on the trains that walk around periodically to check if you have a ticket, but I rode that thing for 3 days straight during my visit and i never saw anyone check)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JesusChrist

Bronze

Post by JesusChrist » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:40 pm

cusenation wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:

Just so everyone isn't as bewildered as I was last year, apparently their subway/light rail system runs on the honor system. There are no turnstiles or anything to check whether you paid for your fare or not. You're just supposed to pay at one of the machines and hop on. Apparently people in the Midwest are much more honest than us jerks on in the Northeast...

I remember buying my ticket and just looking around to see where I was supposed to insert it..so confused lol

(Evidently there are workers on the trains that walk around periodically to check if you have a ticket, but I rode that thing for 3 days straight during my visit and i never saw anyone check)

Sounds like Germany, they are also on the honor system with occassional conductors walking around. I know for a fact that German immigrants populated the Midwest a couple hundred years ago. So maybe public transit honesty is a genetic trait.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:47 pm

JesusChrist wrote:
cusenation wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:

Sounds like Germany, they are also on the honor system with occassional conductors walking around. I know for a fact that German immigrants populated the Midwest a couple hundred years ago. So maybe public transit honesty is a genetic trait.
+1
The things I learn on TLS...lol

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Oh, wow! I was just thinking about buying my ticket...

JesusChrist

Bronze

Post by JesusChrist » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:53 pm

:lol:

I saw that, but we're cool JC

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Just got an email with a stipend offer. Pasted below:
Congratulations, once again, on your admission to Washington University School of Law!

Even if you previously have been to St. Louis or the Washington U campus, we think a visit to the law school as an admitted student is important. We are delighted to offer you a travel stipend of up to $200 if you are traveling to St. Louis from over 150 miles away.*

Some things to consider when planning a visit:

· Admitted Students Days will be held January 25 and March 29, 2013. Additional information about these events will be sent to you soon.

· Tours and classes are available on most weekdays between 8:30 and 5:00. The spring semester begins January 14th. There are no classes March 11 - 15 and class visits are not available during the first week of the semester.

· Tours and classes are not available on weekends and only visits during regular law school office hours qualify for reimbursement.

· Only visits to the law school before April 1, 2013, are eligible for reimbursement consideration.

*Reimbursement expenses may include: airfare, one-night hotel stay, gas (if you are driving to visit us), and/or car rental expenses. Mileage, meals, other sundries or any travel fees for visitors joining you on the trip are not reimbursable.

In order to be reimbursed for your travel expenses through the travel stipend program, you must do the following:

1. Pick up a travel expense reimbursement form from the Admissions Office when you visit.

2. Complete the form, attaching original receipt(s) and/or email confirmation(s) with proof of payment on the day of your visit OR return the completed form and original receipt(s) or email confirmation(s) to the Admissions Office via mail or email within 2 weeks of your on-campus visit.

Travel forms turned in after the 2 week grace period or incomplete forms will not be processed. It may take several weeks from the time complete reimbursement forms are turned in for you to receive the reimbursement check in the mail.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at 314-935-4525 or admiss@wulaw.wustl.edu

We look forward to seeing you at the law school!

Thank you,

Washington University School of Law Admissions

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Just got a travel stipend email!

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:56 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Oh, wow! I was just thinking about buying my ticket...
Stipend?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm

shntn wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Oh, wow! I was just thinking about buying my ticket...
Stipend?
Good to know someone understands my posting style

JesusChrist

Bronze

Post by JesusChrist » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:00 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote::lol:

I still think it was funny. But I was afraid of it coming off as mean spirited so I just edited my post. I don't actually want you to spend your money.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:02 pm

JesusChrist wrote:

I still think it was funny. But I was afraid of it coming off as mean spirited so I just edited my post. I don't actually want you to spend your money.
I don't have that much to go around either! I'm probably going to wait until after spring finaid is distributed to buy the ticket.

And in case it's unclear to anyone, you have to front the cost and then get reimbursed. All in all, though, I'm really stoked about visiting, and it feels good to be selected.

JesusChrist

Bronze

Post by JesusChrist » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:07 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:

I don't have that much to go around either! I'm probably going to wait until after spring finaid is distributed to buy the ticket.

And in case it's unclear to anyone, you have to front the cost and then get reimbursed. All in all, though, I'm really stoked about visiting, and it feels good to be selected.
It comes off so much worse now that I've tried to delete it!

I haven't gotten any sort of stipend email yet though. So maybe I"m not one of the select few.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ks2499

Bronze

Post by ks2499 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:07 pm

TheThriller wrote:Just got a travel stipend email!
+1. That'll definitely help.

bananasplit19

Silver

Post by bananasplit19 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:34 pm

ks2499 wrote:
Me too.

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:53 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
ks2499 wrote:
Me too.

andy261

Bronze

Post by andy261 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Hm Dean Laybold mentioned the stipend in my interview 12/12 but I didn't get an email today. Haven't gotten my packet yet in the mail either for that matter. Anyone know if they're closed now for the holidays?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:12 pm

if you are traveling to St. Louis from over 150 miles away.*
No stipend email. I just google mapped the distance to St. Louis from me... 148 miles. :x

andy261

Bronze

Post by andy261 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Paraflam wrote:
No stipend email. I just google mapped the distance to St. Louis from me... 148 miles. :x
Haha that is unlucky. Maybe just take the scenic route?

I'm in CA so definitely looking for that stipend..

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Paraflam wrote:
:shock: :shock:

timeandspace11

Silver

Post by timeandspace11 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:14 am

mo stipend email. hoping to get one tomorrow

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”