WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shntn

Platinum

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Post by shntn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:39 pm

andy261 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:I think it's pretty likely that we'll see *some* decisions this afternoon... We had a bunch last Friday!
No thanks, I've gotten enough decisions today.
:shock:
I got dinged from LOLberkeley, so yeah.

Unoriginalist

Bronze

Post by Unoriginalist » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:41 pm

I feel like waiting for scholarships is only minutely more tolerable than waiting for decisions. I'm so anxious!

Also, anyone know what they're going to do this summer? I'm wondering how much effort it'd be worth to try and find a little firm job before moving/school starts.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:I feel like waiting for scholarships is only minutely more tolerable than waiting for decisions. I'm so anxious!

Also, anyone know what they're going to do this summer? I'm wondering how much effort it'd be worth to try and find a little firm job before moving/school starts.
I'll be soldiering on at my current job and/or traveling (if I can find the money LOLOL.)

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:I feel like waiting for scholarships is only minutely more tolerable than waiting for decisions. I'm so anxious!

Personally I will be desperately trying to earn as much money as I possibly can from my current job..my last day is like 6 days before orientation starts lol.

SNR Denton has a summer program for incoming WUSTL 1L's...it's not a clerkship or anything, but it's something. The application last year was just general info and a personal essay regarding any obstacle that you've had to overcome.

AMilfordMan

Bronze

Post by AMilfordMan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:45 pm

I'm finding the scholarship wait to be worse.

I'm taking the advice of some older friends in med and law school: in the middle of a year off, working and saving, traveling as much as possible, enjoying life. I highly recommend it to everyone about to dive into 3 years of stress.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Unoriginalist

Bronze

Post by Unoriginalist » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:45 pm

cusenation wrote:

Personally I will be desperately trying to earn as much money as I possibly can from my current job..my last day is like 6 days before orientation starts lol.

SNR Denton has a summer program for incoming WUSTL 1L's...it's not a clerkship or anything, but it's something. The application last year was just general info and a personal essay regarding any obstacle that you've had to overcome.
Seriously? Anything more than a modicum of a chance that it could help gain 1L/2L summer employment? That sounds pretty cool, especially if it's paid!

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:
Seriously? Anything more than a modicum of a chance that it could help gain 1L/2L summer employment? That sounds pretty cool, especially if it's paid!
Any way you can get a firm with that kind of brand recognition on your resume can only be a good thing.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:50 pm

shntn wrote:
andy261 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:I think it's pretty likely that we'll see *some* decisions this afternoon... We had a bunch last Friday!
Yeah, I think the law schools got together and went "look at this guy on tls freakin out, lets all waitlist him"

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:50 pm

shntn wrote:
andy261 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:

This cycle is so annoyingly inconsistent.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:50 pm

shntn wrote: I got dinged from LOLberkeley, so yeah.
:shock: wat

hippies.

andy261

Bronze

Post by andy261 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:51 pm

shntn wrote:

I'll be soldiering on at my current job and/or traveling (if I can find the money LOLOL.)
+1 Taking a three week 'last vacation' in the spring then working at my current job through the rest of summer. Sad knowing that all my savings will just evaporate when I get to law school though.

AMilfordMan

Bronze

Post by AMilfordMan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:51 pm

andy261 wrote:
shntn wrote:

+1 Taking a three week 'last vacation' in the spring then working at my current job through the rest of summer. Sad knowing that all my savings will just evaporate when I get to law school though.
+1

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:53 pm

shntn wrote:
Unoriginalist wrote:
Any way you can get a firm with that kind of brand recognition on your resume can only be a good thing.
I'm not sure it would help for 2L OCI, just because most people have presumably done something "legal" during the preceding summer. But it could help for 1L OCI/summer jobs just because not many 0L's have real legal experience before law school. That said, I know there are a bunch of ppl ITT in particular who have worked at firms in some capacity.

Here's a screenshot of the email/application for the SNR program from last year:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/564sr1ibgtgq5o3/SNR%202.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pudj12ha1a3yl19/SNR%203.jpg

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

soccerfreak

Bronze

Post by soccerfreak » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:I'm wondering how much effort it'd be worth to try and find a little firm job before moving/school starts.
I did this, and really regretted it. Part of it was how mundane and insubstantial the work I did was, but I should have just counseled at summer camp (my other option).
cusenation wrote:SNR Denton has a summer program for incoming WUSTL 1L's...it's not a clerkship or anything, but it's something. The application last year was just general info and a personal essay regarding any obstacle that you've had to overcome.
If you are going to be living here at that point anyway, I recommend it. I didn't do it, but those who did said it was beneficial, although one of the main benefits is just getting to know some classmates before school starts.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:02 pm

danitt wrote:
As a splitter, I never really deluded myself into thinking Berkeley was a likely shot.

JadeWest

Bronze

Post by JadeWest » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:04 pm

shntn wrote:
danitt wrote:
As a splitter, I never really deluded myself into thinking Berkeley was a likely shot.
unless you were a high GPA / low LSAT splitter. i heard they whore themselves out for those kids....

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:05 pm

JadeWest wrote:
shntn wrote:
danitt wrote:
unless you were a high GPA / low LSAT splitter. i heard they whore themselves out for those kids....
Oh yeah they LOVE reverse splitters.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:06 pm

I'd rather be a splitter than a reverse splitter, in law school applications and in life.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:07 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:I'd rather be a splitter than a reverse splitter, in law school applications and in life.
Mmhmm. True story.

Princess Consuela

Bronze

Post by Princess Consuela » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:08 pm

shntn wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:I'd rather be a splitter than a reverse splitter, in law school applications and in life.
Mmhmm. True story.
That's where I'm at(pending future LSAT score) and I'm very unhappy with it

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:12 pm

You ain't lying.

Speaking as a reverse splitter. In law school apps.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

andy261

Bronze

Post by andy261 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:13 pm

shntn wrote:
Mmhmm. True story.
+10

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:17 pm

andy261 wrote:
shntn wrote:
Mmhmm. True story.
+10
I actually think I'd be willing to trade 4-5 points off my LSAT for a GPA increase... :(

JadeWest

Bronze

Post by JadeWest » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:18 pm

cusenation wrote:
I actually think I'd be willing to trade 4-5 points off my LSAT for a GPA increase... :(
:shock: how high was your LSAT?

not an actual question.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:18 pm

cusenation wrote:
andy261 wrote:
shntn wrote:
Mmhmm. True story.
+10
Oh god yes. I'd trade several points for a better GPA.
Last edited by shntn on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”