WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
westphiladelphia

Bronze

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Post by westphiladelphia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:52 pm

cusenation wrote:
JXander wrote:
anteater1 wrote:Don't know if anyone else has posted this but I got an email today saying I hadn't filled out their WUSTL application for student aid or whatever it is.
That thing was a pain to complete...
+1
I was horrified when I realized that my undergrad tuition cost more than law school tuition lol
while we're on the subject of horrible forms, have people ITT completed the soul-crushing, megamarathon Need Access?

If so...in the section re: expected 2013 income stuff, will law school credits count for Educational Tax Credits?

seriously, I'm so worried I'm going to fuck up this form...

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:53 pm

westphiladelphia wrote:
cusenation wrote:
JXander wrote:
anteater1 wrote:Don't know if anyone else has posted this but I got an email today saying I hadn't filled out their WUSTL application for student aid or whatever it is.
+1
I was horrified when I realized that my undergrad tuition cost more than law school tuition lol
while we're on the subject of horrible forms, have people ITT completed the soul-crushing, megamarathon Need Access?

If so...in the section re: expected 2013 income stuff, will law school credits count for Educational Tax Credits?

lol I don't think WUSTL is one of the schools that uses that, but yes I had to fill it out for NU...it was...rage-inducing lol

ETA: I just assumed that law school would count towards those credits when I did mine

Princess Consuela

Bronze

Post by Princess Consuela » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:55 pm

westphiladelphia wrote:
cusenation wrote:
JXander wrote:
+1

So you're saying I shouldn't have estimated?

westphiladelphia

Bronze

Post by westphiladelphia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:57 pm

cusenation wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote:

lol I don't think WUSTL is one of the schools that uses that, but yes I had to fill it out for NU...it was...rage-inducing lol
ha oh, yes, I should have clarified -- this is absolutely for other schools -- but I figured I had the best chance of getting a quick response here amongst wustl lovin' brethren.

ks2499

Bronze

Post by ks2499 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:58 pm

Princess Consuela wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote: while we're on the subject of horrible forms, have people ITT completed the soul-crushing, megamarathon Need Access?

I estimated too (at least, whatever wasn't on my tax return), and I'm pretty sure my parents made up half their numbers. My mother actually called to yell at me for putting her through that awfulness.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:03 pm

ks2499 wrote:
Princess Consuela wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote: while we're on the subject of horrible forms, have people ITT completed the soul-crushing, megamarathon Need Access?

I estimated too (at least, whatever wasn't on my tax return), and I'm pretty sure my parents made up half their numbers. My mother actually called to yell at me for putting her through that awfulness.
I had my financial aid forms audited one year during UG. I had estimated my numbers (fairly accurately) on the first set of forms, and they just change it to the exact numbers of your tax forms (for example if i put $5000 theyd change it to $5321.37) its no big deal, it actually worked in my favor because I reported I had made too much. As long as you don't knowingly deceive then I think you're ok.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:04 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote: I had my financial aid forms audited one year during UG. I had estimated my numbers (fairly accurately) on the first set of forms, and they just change it to the exact numbers of your tax forms, its no big deal, it actually worked in my favor because I reported I had made too much. As long as you don't knowingly deceive them I think you're ok.
Oh, good to know it's simple. I just filled out FAFSA a few weeks ago and it says that I've been selected to be audited. I've never had that happen before, but I just copied everything exactly from my actual tax return, so hopefully it'll be this easy for me, too.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:08 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote: I had my financial aid forms audited one year during UG. I had estimated my numbers (fairly accurately) on the first set of forms, and they just change it to the exact numbers of your tax forms, its no big deal, it actually worked in my favor because I reported I had made too much. As long as you don't knowingly deceive them I think you're ok.
Oh, good to know it's simple. I just filled out FAFSA a few weeks ago and it says that I've been selected to be audited. I've never had that happen before, but I just copied everything exactly from my actual tax return, so hopefully it'll be this easy for me, too.
IIRC they just randomly pick people, but its weighted a bit on how low your expected contribution is. It's just turning in forms and you're ok. I think I actually got audited twice and one of the times I just signed that I didn't file b/c I didn't make enough money. Just make sure you get everything in because you don't want them to hold something because they're waiting on one piece of paper you forgot about.
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:09 pm

So i used to operate an LSAT-prep blog for the past few months..but I took it down until this cycle was over. And some girl from New York somehow found my personal cell phone number, my name, and called to see if I would email her my LSAT study schedule that I had posted on the blog before I took it down. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't feel safe.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

westphiladelphia

Bronze

Post by westphiladelphia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:18 pm

so you basically have your own personal Jack Nicholson is what you're saying?

**hm, nevermind -- apparently I can't put in any gifs? weird.

it was creepy though, I promise.

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:27 pm

cusenation wrote:So i used to operate an LSAT-prep blog for the past few months..but I took it down until this cycle was over. And some girl from New York somehow found my personal cell phone number, my name, and called to see if I would email her my LSAT study schedule that I had posted on the blog before I took it down. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't feel safe.
Was it JadeWest?

JadeWest

Bronze

Post by JadeWest » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:35 pm

Xs20 wrote:
cusenation wrote:So i used to operate an LSAT-prep blog for the past few months..but I took it down until this cycle was over. And some girl from New York somehow found my personal cell phone number, my name, and called to see if I would email her my LSAT study schedule that I had posted on the blog before I took it down. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't feel safe.
Was it JadeWest?
i resent that. also not female. so definitely not me.

:lol: :lol:

JesusChrist

Bronze

Post by JesusChrist » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:45 pm

JXander wrote:
Now I'm kinda worried because I thought that form was kinda easy. Maybe I did it wrong, but all of my loans and stuff were on 1 page on my UG's finaid site.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:48 pm

UPDATE

Called Laybold. SCHOLLIES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED WITHIN THE NEXT TWO DAYS. They're finalizing them today.

Asked about decisions as well, got a typical "depends on the application" response

WokeUpInACar

Platinum

Post by WokeUpInACar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:50 pm

cusenation wrote:UPDATE

Called Laybold. SCHOLLIES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED WITHIN THE NEXT TWO DAYS. They're finalizing them today.

Asked about decisions as well, got a typical "depends on the application" response
Thanks man, you're the best!

TA923

New

Post by TA923 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:51 pm

How are scholarship offers distributed?

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:51 pm

TA923 wrote:How are scholarship offers distributed?
Email

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:

Thanks man, you're the best!

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm

AWWWWWWWWWWW YEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

danielr

Bronze

Post by danielr » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Nice! Ha, how many times have you spoken to JL personally about scholarships? That's awesome! Good investigative work. You and Xs20 have shown great tenacity in obtaining this information.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:55 pm

danielr wrote:

Nice! Ha, how many times have you spoken to JL personally about scholarships? That's awesome! Good investigative work. You and Xs20 have shown great tenacity in obtaining this information.
I called MAC 3 times..and JL once (this time)

XS20 called both once or twice I think.

We were both running out of bs reasons to call so we could "slip in" the question about schollies hahahaha

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:56 pm

No I didn't call either of them, just emailed once. I didn't want to come off pushy like cuse and have them siphon off some of my scholarship to some of the less neurotic admits.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Xs20 wrote:No I didn't call either of them, just emailed once. I didn't want to come off pushy like cuse and have them siphon off some of my scholarship to some of the less neurotic admits.
YOU BASTARD I THOUGHT YOU WERE CALLING THEM TOO

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:58 pm

cusenation wrote:
Xs20 wrote:No I didn't call either of them, just emailed once. I didn't want to come off pushy like cuse and have them siphon off some of my scholarship to some of the less neurotic admits.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:59 pm

Xs20 wrote:
cusenation wrote:
Dis mofugga...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”