Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Psib337

Bronze

Re: Temple University c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by Psib337 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 am

In today via status checker! I'm in-state so financially Temple makes the most sense and I live in Philly and I already know a few lawyers who've said they'd be willing to help me out if I ever wanted/need help and my parents are always mentioning someone a lawyer they know who says pretty much the same thing. Really excited, if I don't get into any of my top choices I'll definitely be going!

Keasbey

New

Post by Keasbey » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:43 am

In via status checker and email! Almost positive I will be attending.

phlmar

New

Post by phlmar » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:32 pm

congrats!

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:32 pm

In via e-mail and status checker!! :D

cc6148

New

Post by cc6148 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Congrats to all getting accepted!!

Unfortunately, I haven't received any word yet. Today marks exactly 10 weeks since I submitted. I received my second complete mid-December. Any advice on what to do from here? My gpa is way above median but my LSAT is below. I also have pretty good softs - at least I think so. I don't want to call/e-mail, "rock the boat" and end up getting rejected if they are still considering my application, but the wait has been really long! Temple is my top choice so I want to be extra cautious. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Granfalloon12

Bronze

Post by Granfalloon12 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Finally in as well! Submitted in early November, so I was getting a little worried. Anxious to hear scholly info now, as Temple is definitely an option seeing as how relatively safe a financial decision it could be.

sergiokun16

Bronze

Post by sergiokun16 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Waitlisted today, 158/3.72. Will be withdrawing. Good luck to everyone else and congrats to those accepted already!

tony2167

Bronze

Post by tony2167 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:29 pm

In via status check! It says an admittance packet is in the mail, hopefully it contains scholarship information.

simplythebest

New

Post by simplythebest » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:03 pm

cc6148 wrote:Congrats to all getting accepted!!

Unfortunately, I haven't received any word yet. Today marks exactly 10 weeks since I submitted. I received my second complete mid-December. Any advice on what to do from here? My gpa is way above median but my LSAT is below. I also have pretty good softs - at least I think so. I don't want to call/e-mail, "rock the boat" and end up getting rejected if they are still considering my application, but the wait has been really long! Temple is my top choice so I want to be extra cautious. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I don't know if this helps, but I applied end of November/very early December, and I haven't heard back yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SoJerz13

New

Post by SoJerz13 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:20 am

Waitlisted yesterday. Will likely withdraw since I would've needed to receive scholly money to be able to attend. Best of luck everyone!

cc6148

New

Post by cc6148 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:57 am

simplythebest wrote:
cc6148 wrote:Congrats to all getting accepted!!

I don't know if this helps, but I applied end of November/very early December, and I haven't heard back yet.

Thanks simplythebest! It does help to know someone is in the same spot. I guess no news is good news! I'm just debating whether or not calling or e-mailing to give them a little nudge might be detrimental to my chances. At this point I'm thinking I'll wait until the beginning of Feb. and if I don't hear anything by then I'll reach out.

scaredredpanda

New

Post by scaredredpanda » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Got my acceptance letter today with a Beasley Scholarship totalling $45K! I'm almost definitely attending Temple as long as my employer will let me work part-time, since I'm in the evening division :D

WanderingPondering

Bronze

Post by WanderingPondering » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Has everyone who has been accepted heard about scholarship money? I was accepted a month ago and haven't seen a thing. Might be time to email them and ask?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

apinarba

New

Post by apinarba » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:47 pm

banana$$stand

New

Post by banana$$stand » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:27 pm

WanderingPondering wrote:Has everyone who has been accepted heard about scholarship money? I was accepted a month ago and haven't seen a thing. Might be time to email them and ask?
Did you get your acceptance package in the mail yet? It would have been in the main red folder along with the other written materials.

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:42 am

banana$$stand wrote:
WanderingPondering wrote:Has everyone who has been accepted heard about scholarship money? I was accepted a month ago and haven't seen a thing. Might be time to email them and ask?
Did you get your acceptance package in the mail yet? It would have been in the main red folder along with the other written materials.
Mine was in the glorious red folder as well.

WanderingPondering

Bronze

Post by WanderingPondering » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:23 am

banana$$stand wrote:

Derp. I'm out of the country and my parents are opening my mail...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

elc414

New

Post by elc414 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:56 am

scaredredpanda wrote:Got my acceptance letter today with a Beasley Scholarship totalling $45K! I'm almost definitely attending Temple as long as my employer will let me work part-time, since I'm in the evening division :D
Congrats Panda. I was accepted on the 22nd, checking my mailbox feverishly for that packet!

WanderingPondering

Bronze

Post by WanderingPondering » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:21 pm

WanderingPondering wrote:
banana$$stand wrote:

Derp. I'm out of the country and my parents are opening my mail...

Just withdrew, hopefully this opens a spot for one of you good peoples. Good luck to all the applicants still out there!

TUICE

New

Post by TUICE » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:40 am

elc414 wrote:
scaredredpanda wrote:Got my acceptance letter today with a Beasley Scholarship totalling $45K! I'm almost definitely attending Temple as long as my employer will let me work part-time, since I'm in the evening division :D
Congrats Panda. I was accepted on the 22nd, checking my mailbox feverishly for that packet!

Same deal for me, except I'm day division. Congrats.

kaf5250

Bronze

Post by kaf5250 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:58 am

TUICE wrote:
elc414 wrote:

Same here! Beasley scholarship for day division! But is anyone else a little put off by the top 50% stip? Any thoughts about if we could negotiate to get this removed or is it pretty set in stone?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

scaredredpanda

New

Post by scaredredpanda » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:18 pm

kaf5250 wrote:
TUICE wrote:
elc414 wrote:

Same here! Beasley scholarship for day division! But is anyone else a little put off by the top 50% stip? Any thoughts about if we could negotiate to get this removed or is it pretty set in stone?
Congrats! My letter says I have a top 2/3 stip. I'm OK with top 2/3 because I'd probably drop out if I was in the bottom third of the class at Temple.

WisemanAEKDB

Bronze

Post by WisemanAEKDB » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:22 pm

scaredredpanda wrote: Congrats! My letter says I have a top 2/3 stip. I'm OK with top 2/3 because I'd probably drop out if I was in the bottom third of the class at Temple.
Top 2/3rd for me as well, with the exact thought process. +1

TUICE

New

Post by TUICE » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:25 pm

WisemanAEKDB wrote:
scaredredpanda wrote: Congrats! My letter says I have a top 2/3 stip. I'm OK with top 2/3 because I'd probably drop out if I was in the bottom third of the class at Temple.
Top 2/3rd for me as well, with the exact thought process. +1

Same thing here. +1

bzzingbee

New

Post by bzzingbee » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Withdrew a couple of minutes ago, hope this opens up some spots! Good luck everyone.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”