Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
2012Lsatscore

Silver

Re: Emory class of 2016 (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by 2012Lsatscore » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bearjew

New

Post by bearjew » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:40 pm

If I get in, Fox Bros. and the first round is on me :)

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:41 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote: I'm leaving.
Ty

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:41 pm

Welp, it's been almost a full week since I was told I'd be hearing from them.. I'll just wait here. =\

bearjew

New

Post by bearjew » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:44 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Welp, it's been almost a full week since I was told I'd be hearing from them.. I'll just wait here. =\
Ah sorry, to hear. You're on the PWL? Did you send a LOCI?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JXander

Silver

Post by JXander » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:46 pm

bearjew wrote:This is pretty badass...Go Emory!

http://www.law.emory.edu/about-emory-la ... -case.html
Wow, that is amazing.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:48 pm

bearjew wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Welp, it's been almost a full week since I was told I'd be hearing from them.. I'll just wait here. =\
Ah sorry, to hear. You're on the PWL? Did you send a LOCI?
Yes, priority waitlist (harumph). I didn't send a LOCI, as we were told we'd be hearing back shortly after the 19th (and then I got that email last week.. er, shortly after the 19th). I did send in the "please keep me on the waitlist!" email they requested when I was first notified (which was less than a month ago).

Emory: calllllll me.

bearjew

New

Post by bearjew » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:50 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:calllllll me maybe
Ah. You should send one! But as soon as you finish you know you're gonna get the call, right as you're about to send it. That's what always happens.

1Lin2013

New

Post by 1Lin2013 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:21 pm

I don't post much, but I read this forum a lot. Is it bad that I've spent much of my cycle hoping I don't end up at the same school as 2012Lsatscore?

On topic, though: on the regular waitlist, hoping to hear something soon. Would love to be able to seriously consider Emory.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawschoolwoohoo

Bronze

Post by lawschoolwoohoo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:40 pm

This happened to me in the regular cycle. They e-mailed me and said I'd hear in a week but I waited a week and a half and heard nothing. So I gave the admissions office a call and really politely pretty much just said, "You guys said I'd hear back in a week, but I still haven't heard anything. I just want to check everything is okay with my contact information and my phone number--like you guys haven't tried to get in touch with me and I missed it." And they emailed me my decision on the spot. So you could try that if you want, just wanted to let you know it worked for me in Feb.

And I realize calling them might be uncool to do and come off as way too eager/annoying but I did it anyway because Emory was my first choice and that hadn't already waitlisted/rejected me so I was getting pretty desperate.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:59 pm

lawschoolwoohoo wrote:
This happened to me in the regular cycle. They e-mailed me and said I'd hear in a week but I waited a week and a half and heard nothing. So I gave the admissions office a call and really politely pretty much just said, "You guys said I'd hear back in a week, but I still haven't heard anything. I just want to check everything is okay with my contact information and my phone number--like you guys haven't tried to get in touch with me and I missed it." And they emailed me my decision on the spot. So you could try that if you want, just wanted to let you know it worked for me in Feb.

And I realize calling them might be uncool to do and come off as way too eager/annoying but I did it anyway because Emory was my first choice and that hadn't already waitlisted/rejected me so I was getting pretty desperate.
Thanks for the advice! :)

eas09d

New

Post by eas09d » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Hey all! Just wanted to check in: I was on the regular waitlist and just got a call about an hour ago from Andy Boyles in admissions letting me know that I was accepted with 48k over 3 years! I have until Tuesday to decide :)

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:23 pm

eas09d wrote:Hey all! Just wanted to check in: I was on the regular waitlist and just got a call about an hour ago from Andy Boyles in admissions letting me know that I was accepted with 48k over 3 years! I have until Tuesday to decide :)
OH MY GOD YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY WITHDRAW? DON'T YOU KNOW HOW RUDE THAT IS? THINK OF 2012Lsatscore AND WITHDRAW IMMEDIATELY.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

2012Lsatscore

Silver

Post by 2012Lsatscore » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:35 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
eas09d wrote:Hey all! Just wanted to check in: I was on the regular waitlist and just got a call about an hour ago from Andy Boyles in admissions letting me know that I was accepted with 48k over 3 years! I have until Tuesday to decide :)
OH MY GOD YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY WITHDRAW? DON'T YOU KNOW HOW RUDE THAT IS? THINK OF 2012Lsatscore AND WITHDRAW IMMEDIATELY.
Congrats and good luck with your decision. 48hrs is intense but at least you get the weekend!

P.S. your avatar is cool.
Go fuck yourself.

djf

New

Post by djf » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:41 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
Congrats and good luck with your decision. 48hrs is intense but at least you get the weekend!

P.S. your avatar is cool.
Go fuck yourself.

It would seem as though a couple of people on here are confused. I think some of you should be applying to kindergarten as opposed to Law School (at least the maturity level seems to be indicating this).

jdmonkey

Bronze

Post by jdmonkey » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:40 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote: JFC you're doing this again? Stop calling out people because they won't do what's best for your application cycle.

WTF?! Stop posting shit like this and I won't call you out! Its border-line trolling.
Are you serious? You just got on the guy for having an open application at a school you want, you did the same thing to me last week. You seriously have some problems if you take it so personally anytime someone posts "I applied to emory". It discouragesuv the purpose of this thread and is just rude in general. Let him do what he wants with his admissions cycle.

Also going through his posts and posting how he is considering a different school in a thread where you KNOW someone from admissions posts in, and in a thread where you've ALREADY said that someone should out a poster to ad comms is just a low class.
Problems with this:
1. Commiting a straw man fallacy is lowclass.

2. I call out people who show either no interest in the school the thread is dedicated to or else a commitment, not interest, in another school. Ex. A verbal commitment to enroll.

3. Ethan can search his post history just like me. That is the risk you take. This is a free and open forum. Watch what you say if you are worried. I can't call attention to what is not there. And I said it would be funny if some one tattled on you, not that I would. Notice: I STILL HAVEN'T! I wouldn't. The funny part is that it WOULD be so juvenile.

4. Your Edit: The fact that this argument occured proved
Last edited by jdmonkey on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

espressocream

Bronze

Post by espressocream » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:43 pm

On a lighter note I received an email where they said they got my fin aid stuff. It got me really excited even though I'm sure it means nothing. :/

gatorgirl2012

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl2012 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:47 pm

EmoryAdmissionDean

New

Post by EmoryAdmissionDean » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:15 pm

Hello – this is Ethan Rosenzweig, the dean of admission and financial aid at Emory Law. I appreciate your allowing me to post in this forum from time-to-time. I wanted to provide a quick update as we enter the weekend.

Waitlist – We are actively evaluating applications on the waitlist, and we are attempting to communicate decisions as quickly as possible. It’s finals time at the law school, and I’m having to light a fire under people to keep the decisions moving. I know how frustrating the uncertainty of the process can be, and I sincerely appreciate folks’ patience as we move very methodically in reviewing both the size and make-up of our incoming class. I anticipate making additional offers next week.

Letters of Continuing Interest - Although not required, if you have not submitted a letter to us already, we are still accepting them at admission(a)law.emory.edu. Several applicants have sent their letters via Fedex, and I don’t want folks to think they need to spend additional funds on overnight mailings. Email attachments are great, especially because we are a paperless office.

Email Updates – Today, we sent an email update to members of the Class of 2016. I’ll be sending out an update to our waitlist members beginning next month as well. These emails come from an independent server (and not my regular email account), so please make sure to include admission(a)law.emory.edu as an accepted contact. I know that the spam filters love to capture our emails, and I don’t want folks missing an important update.

Candidly, I am very excited about how the Class of 2016 is shaping-up, and I am looking forward to adding a few more folks to round-out the class because I know how strong the applications have been this year.

Finally, please forgive the response time this weekend if you send an email, for I will be out-of-town. I promise to reply as quickly as possible.

MEAhrnsbrak

Bronze

Post by MEAhrnsbrak » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:20 pm

EmoryAdmissionDean wrote:Hello – this is Ethan Rosenzweig, the dean of admission and financial aid at Emory Law. I appreciate your allowing me to post in this forum from time-to-time. I wanted to provide a quick update as we enter the weekend.

Waitlist – We are actively evaluating applications on the waitlist, and we are attempting to communicate decisions as quickly as possible. It’s finals time at the law school, and I’m having to light a fire under people to keep the decisions moving. I know how frustrating the uncertainty of the process can be, and I sincerely appreciate folks’ patience as we move very methodically in reviewing both the size and make-up of our incoming class. I anticipate making additional offers next week.

Letters of Continuing Interest - Although not required, if you have not submitted a letter to us already, we are still accepting them at admission(a)law.emory.edu. Several applicants have sent their letters via Fedex, and I don’t want folks to think they need to spend additional funds on overnight mailings. Email attachments are great, especially because we are a paperless office.

Email Updates – Today, we sent an email update to members of the Class of 2016. I’ll be sending out an update to our waitlist members beginning next month as well. These emails come from an independent server (and not my regular email account), so please make sure to include admission(a)law.emory.edu as an accepted contact. I know that the spam filters love to capture our emails, and I don’t want folks missing an important update.

Candidly, I am very excited about how the Class of 2016 is shaping-up, and I am looking forward to adding a few more folks to round-out the class because I know how strong the applications have been this year.

Finally, please forgive the response time this weekend if you send an email, for I will be out-of-town. I promise to reply as quickly as possible.
Thank you for all of your updates on this forum! Your updates are sincerely appreciated as they help answer questions and ease nerves throughout the course of the waiting process. Personally, I will be looking forward to your email, and hopefully a phone call in the near future!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ssolowsk

New

Post by ssolowsk » Wed May 01, 2013 9:19 am

Anyone get calls this week?

Minnywild7

New

Post by Minnywild7 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:19 pm

Does anyone know how many people will be receiving an acceptance? I am in limbo right now because I really want to go to Emory but I need to plan ahead for apartments near my backup school. Based on Ethan's post, I feel like only a couple of students will realistically get off the regular waitlist. Should I just go ahead and get an apartment or wait until July?

LizardRock

New

Post by LizardRock » Wed May 01, 2013 11:16 pm

ssolowsk wrote:Anyone get calls this week?
Radio silence :!:

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Thu May 02, 2013 12:57 pm

everyone get the invitation to visit just now?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”