Wake Forest c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
scruffy556

Bronze

Re: Wake Forest c/o 2016

Post by scruffy556 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:27 pm

Just sent in my application in the past few days. Decided to use that fee waiver after all and test that theory that applying early isnt as big a deal this cycle.

nselvar

New

Post by nselvar » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:30 pm

Just got waitlisted =(

shaynislegend

Bronze

Post by shaynislegend » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:23 pm

Accepted with $$$ today. Super pumped.

bowie.alan

New

Post by bowie.alan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:24 pm

In via Status Checker

illiniguy1551

Bronze

Post by illiniguy1551 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:31 pm

In with $35,000 a year! $4000 tuition is suriously tempting me to just move out to North Carolina for three years.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shaynislegend

Bronze

Post by shaynislegend » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:19 pm

Has anyone received financial aid/account login/acceptance packet? I was accepted last friday and I am trying to figure out the time table with the April 1st deposit deadline coming up.

slawww

Silver

Post by slawww » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:27 pm

shaynislegend wrote:Has anyone received financial aid/account login/acceptance packet? I was accepted last friday and I am trying to figure out the time table with the April 1st deposit deadline coming up.
I didn't get the packet until about 3 weeks after I was notified via e-mail. Still no fin aid info, and I was accepted like 2 months-ish ago.

jsmith201

New

Post by jsmith201 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:57 am

Has anyone tried to negotiate more money? I think I may want to attend Wake but I received money from a higher ranked school.

DeltPreLaw

New

Post by DeltPreLaw » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:10 pm

Has anyone heard about what class size they are aiming for?

Is the class size going to be same as last year?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WaltWhite

New

Post by WaltWhite » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:10 pm

jsmith201 wrote:Has anyone tried to negotiate more money? I think I may want to attend Wake but I received money from a higher ranked school.
You need to submit your other offers; they will only entertain offers from peer schools.
As far as I've heard (and I've heard from a pretty solid source) there have been no successful negotiations yet.

WakeLawAdmDean

New

Post by WakeLawAdmDean » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:58 am

TLSer~

We expect to have all decisions made by this Friday.

If your FAFSA results have been received, a financial aid award letter has been sent via email unless you were admitted in the last week or so. If you haven't received an award letter, check your spam folder or call us to see if you FAFSA has been received. Financial award letters will contain only information you should really already know - the amount of any merit scholarship (in your intial offer letter) and available loan information. We don't award additional scholarships in the financial aid letter but it does contain information about beginning your loan process.

First seat deposits are due April 1. If you are registered for and, in fact, do attend the April 5 admitted student day you can pay on that day. We haven't and don't expect to extend any deposit deadlines. If you decide later you'd like to join our class, obviously we'll make a seat available provided space exists. However, because deposits drive the scholarship process we cannot guarantee any scholarship award after deposit deadlines have passed. For late commitments we typically assess scholarship availability against what remains of our budget at that time.

For the first time we are offering a $100 deposit refund for students who inform of us of a decision to attend another school before June 1.

Let me know what questions arise from this correspondence. If you have questions about your personal situation, please feel free to contact me directly.

Warm regards,
Jay Shively
Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid
Wake Forest University
School of Law
(336) 758-5705 direct
shivelrj@wfu.edu
http://www.law.wfu.edu

WakeLawAdmDean

New

Post by WakeLawAdmDean » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:01 am

DeltPreLaw wrote:Has anyone heard about what class size they are aiming for?

Is the class size going to be same as last year?
Our goal is to enroll 145-160 students. As always we are committed to first sections of 40 students or less. There are contingencies in place for a larger class and a smaller class because of the volatile nature of the admission cycle this year.

Jay Shively
Wake Law

WakeLawAdmDean

New

Post by WakeLawAdmDean » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:19 am

jsmith201 wrote:Has anyone tried to negotiate more money? I think I may want to attend Wake but I received money from a higher ranked school.

jsmith201~

We are willing to consider other offers you've received in determinig whether a scholarship adjustment is appropriate. It is rare at this point in the cycle for us to make such an adjustment. Frankly, unless the other school's offer is actually a better financial offer it's probably not worthwhile to submit the offer. There's no way for me to value rank or location for you. If you have an offer from a peer school that is acutally less expensive for you, I am willing to look at it. In order to do so I'd ask that you email a copy of the offer directly to me at the address below.

Warm regards,
Jay Shively
Wake Law
shivelrj@wfu.edu
(336) 758-5705 direct

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mosquito

Bronze

Post by mosquito » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:58 am

WakeLawAdmDean wrote:

jsmith201~

We are willing to consider other offers you've received in determinig whether a scholarship adjustment is appropriate. It is rare at this point in the cycle for us to make such an adjustment. Frankly, unless the other school's offer is actually a better financial offer it's probably not worthwhile to submit the offer. There's no way for me to value rank or location for you. If you have an offer from a peer school that is acutally less expensive for you, I am willing to look at it. In order to do so I'd ask that you email a copy of the offer directly to me at the address below.

Warm regards,
Jay Shively
Wake Law
shivelrj@wfu.edu
(336) 758-5705 direct
Dear Dean Shively,

Is there another way for foreign students to pay the deposit, like pay online?

Regards,
Mosquito

WakeLawAdmDean

New

Post by WakeLawAdmDean » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:40 am

mosquito~

Check this out... http://llm.law.wfu.edu/admissions/financial/payment/. This page is for LLM's but provides instructions for paying the deposit via wire transfer.

If you have follow up questions, let us know.

Jay Shively
Wake Law

slawww

Silver

Post by slawww » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:58 am

Dean Shively is awesome for posting on here.

Also, for anyone who applied for the Rose/Hearn, I spoke with Dean Shively yesterday, and those not chosen as finalists for the schollys will be notified today.

mosquito

Bronze

Post by mosquito » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:38 pm

slawww wrote:Dean Shively is awesome for posting on here.

Also, for anyone who applied for the Rose/Hearn, I spoke with Dean Shively yesterday, and those not chosen as finalists for the schollys will be notified today.
I probably will be notified today~ sigh :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mosquito

Bronze

Post by mosquito » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:02 pm

WakeLawAdmDean wrote:mosquito~

Check this out... http://llm.law.wfu.edu/admissions/financial/payment/. This page is for LLM's but provides instructions for paying the deposit via wire transfer.

If you have follow up questions, let us know.

Jay Shively
Wake Law
Dear Dean Shively,

Thank you for your response. Do you mean that I can pay the deposit via wire transfer although I am an admitted JD, not LLM? Also, if I pay it by check, is it OK that I mail you the check before the deadline even though you may not be able to receive it before 1st April due to the international mail delay?

Regards,
Mosquito

dirtrida2

Bronze

Post by dirtrida2 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:16 pm

So no news is good news today?

When would we hear any positive information regarding the scholarships?

illiniguy1551

Bronze

Post by illiniguy1551 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Are there any other Midwestern or non-North Carolina applicants considering Wake? I'm targeting my hometown back in the MidWest, but feel my hometown roots/connections would be enough to get me a job, especially considering I could come out of Wake with no debt. Also, does anyone have an idea of how people from out of state fare in getting post-grad jobs from Wake?

ramsdancer1

Bronze

Post by ramsdancer1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:46 pm

I haven't heard anything yet...but now I'm going to be constantly checking my e-mail.

Also...you said you got your acceptance packet 3 weeks after acceptacne. I was accepted in Dec. and haven't recieved anything in the mail. All I have is my acceptance e-mail. Should I e-mail them about it?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

shaynislegend

Bronze

Post by shaynislegend » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:53 pm

ramsdancer1 wrote: Also...you said you got your acceptance packet 3 weeks after acceptacne. I was accepted in Dec. and haven't recieved anything in the mail. All I have is my acceptance e-mail. Should I e-mail them about it?
If you look on the status checker it will show mailing dates. I was just accepted last week, and looks like my acceptance packet is set to arrive on the 22nd.

ramsdancer1

Bronze

Post by ramsdancer1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:58 pm

shaynislegend wrote:
ramsdancer1 wrote: Also...you said you got your acceptance packet 3 weeks after acceptacne. I was accepted in Dec. and haven't recieved anything in the mail. All I have is my acceptance e-mail. Should I e-mail them about it?
If you look on the status checker it will show mailing dates. I was just accepted last week, and looks like my acceptance packet is set to arrive on the 22nd.
Thanks! That's interesting it said it was mailed in Feb but I never received anything in the mail. I guess I will e-mail them about it. For people that got the letter and who are submitting seat deposits, is there a letter that you are supposed to send in with the deposit saying you accept the scholarship offer?

WaltWhite

New

Post by WaltWhite » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:16 pm

dirtrida2 wrote:

So no news is good news today?

When would we hear any positive information regarding the scholarships?
I was told those selected for the scholarships will be notified before April 1st.

WaltWhite

New

Post by WaltWhite » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:32 pm

shaynislegend wrote:

On the mailings listings, is the acceptance packet labeled 'Acceptance packet'? I have a blank mailing and something about a letter from an Associate Dean...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”