W&L c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
User avatar
JayJones78

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by JayJones78 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:38 pm

gatorgirl2012 wrote:
Read that last night! Honestly it seems very interesting but a bit intimidating. However, W&L is the best news I've had this cycle yet so I'm mentally preparing myself to move to a town with a population of 7k haha The skeptic in me has to consider however, isn't there really only one year of data for the new 3L curriculum? Not to diminish its quality, but it is something to consider right?
I wonder how/if the new 3L will affect their ranking

User avatar
kuttlefish

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by kuttlefish » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:44 pm

Yeah I don't know about that one. Good news is better than bad news, but more 3L's self-reporting as "thinking like a lawyer" doesn't really count as empirical evidence of a successful program.

I quickly skimmed it, but I don't think there was anything about employers saying W&L students are significantly more prepared for the job (compared to their peers and/or previous W&L classes) or hiring of W&L students has greatly increased due to the skills taught in the program.

User avatar
gatorgirl2012

Bronze
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:57 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by gatorgirl2012 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:49 pm

kuttlefish wrote:
Yeah I don't know about that one. Good news is better than bad news, but more 3L's self-reporting as "thinking like a lawyer" doesn't really count as empirical evidence of a successful program.

I quickly skimmed it, but I don't think there was anything about employers saying W&L students are significantly more prepared for the job (compared to their peers and/or previous W&L classes) or hiring of W&L students has greatly increased due to the skills taught in the program.
^Exactly where my hesitance comes from. Though its quite possible this could affect its ranking if the program continues to prove successful, more so if it ends up affecting employment data for the school. Perhaps it'll make W&L a more national school? That's my biggest apprehension about attending, so that could just be wishful thinking!

User avatar
ALgooner

Bronze
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by ALgooner » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:16 pm

Got my scholly letter today. 120k! 3.25 stip.

JUburton

New
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by JUburton » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:19 pm

ALgooner wrote:Got my scholly letter today. 120k! 3.25 stip.
Haven't gotten one either way but this is the one I'm hoping for.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


JUburton

New
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by JUburton » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:10 pm

JUburton wrote:
ALgooner wrote:Got my scholly letter today. 120k! 3.25 stip.
Haven't gotten one either way but this is the one I'm hoping for.
I assume I got the same one: 127,275...3.25 stip. Full ride. Pretty shocked.

PRgradBYU

Silver
Posts: 1417
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by PRgradBYU » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:18 pm

JUburton wrote:
JUburton wrote:
ALgooner wrote:Got my scholly letter today. 120k! 3.25 stip.
Haven't gotten one either way but this is the one I'm hoping for.
I assume I got the same one: 127,275...3.25 stip. Full ride. Pretty shocked.
Any particular reason you decided to quote yourself, JUburton? Haha. But with your LSAT score, I imagine you'll get a full ride (or pretty close).

JUburton

New
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by JUburton » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:21 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:
JUburton wrote:
JUburton wrote:
ALgooner wrote:Got my scholly letter today. 120k! 3.25 stip.
Haven't gotten one either way but this is the one I'm hoping for.
I assume I got the same one: 127,275...3.25 stip. Full ride. Pretty shocked.
Any particular reason you decided to quote yourself, JUburton? Haha. But with your LSAT score, I imagine you'll get a full ride (or pretty close).
Only because I was replying (sort of) to when I said I hadn't heard back yet. Nice to know even if the T14 shoots me down completely there's a nice option there. Or if I don't want to graduate 250k in debt...

Morticiaroxanne

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by Morticiaroxanne » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:43 pm

checking in.

Applied 1/14, complete 1/17, in review 1/23.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
JayJones78

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by JayJones78 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:46 pm

Morticiaroxanne wrote:checking in.

Applied 1/14, complete 1/17, in review 1/23.
Congrats. W&L appears to be working really fast. I was also accepted within two weeks or so of when I applied.

User avatar
ALgooner

Bronze
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by ALgooner » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:46 pm

JUburton wrote:
JUburton wrote:
ALgooner wrote:Got my scholly letter today. 120k! 3.25 stip.
Haven't gotten one either way but this is the one I'm hoping for.
I assume I got the same one: 127,275...3.25 stip. Full ride. Pretty shocked.
Mine is 40k a year so it looks like yours is different in that it is an actual full ride. Congrats!

User avatar
simplycatalina

Silver
Posts: 935
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by simplycatalina » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:03 pm

Morticiaroxanne wrote:checking in.

Applied 1/14, complete 1/17, in review 1/23.
Mine was complete on 1/15 and under review on 1/23. Good luck! Hopefully we'll hear back soon.

User avatar
dirtrida2

Bronze
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by dirtrida2 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:09 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
Morticiaroxanne wrote:checking in.

Applied 1/14, complete 1/17, in review 1/23.
Mine was complete on 1/15 and under review on 1/23. Good luck! Hopefully we'll hear back soon.

Same... under review 1/23

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


2013

Bronze
Posts: 482
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:29 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by 2013 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:14 pm

...
Last edited by 2013 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JayJones78

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by JayJones78 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:48 pm

So it appears that unless some event with a really magnitude I'll be moving to Lexington this August.

I was wondering if there any current students on the thread or others who are at point of seriously considering W&L and have more info on career prospects especially in NYC and DC?

User avatar
simplycatalina

Silver
Posts: 935
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by simplycatalina » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:52 pm

2013 wrote:New here.

Any chance we find out tomorrow if we're in the group that's been in review since the last wave (1/24)? I saw LSN and it seems that most decisions come out on thursday.
I hope so!! I'm in that group.

User avatar
dirtrida2

Bronze
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by dirtrida2 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:56 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
2013 wrote:New here.

Any chance we find out tomorrow if we're in the group that's been in review since the last wave (1/24)? I saw LSN and it seems that most decisions come out on thursday.
I hope so!! I'm in that group.

+1

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


wannabelawstudent

Gold
Posts: 2578
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by wannabelawstudent » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:08 pm

They'll send you an email in the morning letting you know your decision is coming today. I think mine came around 11-12 est

User avatar
dirtrida2

Bronze
Posts: 474
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by dirtrida2 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:43 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:They'll send you an email in the morning letting you know your decision is coming today. I think mine came around 11-12 est
Well thats different.

User avatar
lhanvt13

Gold
Posts: 2378
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by lhanvt13 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:04 pm

dirtrida2 wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:
2013 wrote:New here.

Any chance we find out tomorrow if we're in the group that's been in review since the last wave (1/24)? I saw LSN and it seems that most decisions come out on thursday.
I hope so!! I'm in that group.

+1
went and talked to the dean of admissions at a school visit and they said they send out chunks on thursdays. He also said that people should get their reply's on the third week from going complete

[edit] er maybe it was "under review" instead of "complete" but that's the gist of things that I got out of him

User avatar
JayJones78

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by JayJones78 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:07 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:
2013 wrote:New here.

Any chance we find out tomorrow if we're in the group that's been in review since the last wave (1/24)? I saw LSN and it seems that most decisions come out on thursday.
I hope so!! I'm in that group.

+1
went and talked to the dean of admissions at a school visit and they said they send out chunks on thursdays. He also said that people should get their reply's on the third week from going complete

[edit] er maybe it was "under review" instead of "complete" but that's the gist of things that I got out of him
I'm wondering if they are open for one on one scholly discussions on ASW....

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


talesofyore

Bronze
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by talesofyore » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:18 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:]
went and talked to the dean of admissions at a school visit and they said they send out chunks on thursdays. He also said that people should get their reply's on the third week from going complete

[edit] er maybe it was "under review" instead of "complete" but that's the gist of things that I got out of him
+1[/quote]



I wish other schools were this precise and courteous. :evil:

User avatar
JXander

Silver
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by JXander » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:26 pm

talesofyore wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote: went and talked to the dean of admissions at a school visit and they said they send out chunks on thursdays. He also said that people should get their reply's on the third week from going complete

[edit] er maybe it was "under review" instead of "complete" but that's the gist of things that I got out of him
I wish other schools were this precise and courteous. :evil:
+1

User avatar
JayJones78

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by JayJones78 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:29 pm

I opened a thread on the choosing a law school forum about W&L employment prospects and opinion about alumni network if it interests anyone or they have something to add

User avatar
simplycatalina

Silver
Posts: 935
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: W&L c/o 2016

Post by simplycatalina » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:40 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
dirtrida2 wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:
2013 wrote:New here.

Any chance we find out tomorrow if we're in the group that's been in review since the last wave (1/24)? I saw LSN and it seems that most decisions come out on thursday.
I hope so!! I'm in that group.

+1
went and talked to the dean of admissions at a school visit and they said they send out chunks on thursdays. He also said that people should get their reply's on the third week from going complete

[edit] er maybe it was "under review" instead of "complete" but that's the gist of things that I got out of him
well i went complete exactly 3 weeks ago so i hope i find out tomorrow!! thanks for the info. :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”