Stetson Class of 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
usfvictor

Bronze

Re: Stetson Class of 2016

Post by usfvictor » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Did they already have their ASD? Haven't heard anything about it. I will be attending in the Fall part-time, will be sending my seat deposit soon.

usfvictor

Bronze

Post by usfvictor » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:42 pm

CO2016YEAH wrote:Hey Guys! Not really planning to apply to Stetson, but I got an invitation packet in the mail today.

This is the only school that gave me the courtesy of including a coupon to Rally's! Lol. Is there one nearby? I was also wondering if maybe the dean is a franchise holder...??? :D

Did anyone else get this?
really? a Rally's coupon? Don't know if serious of not lol. Plus we don't have them in FL as far as I know, we have Checkers.

Throttle

New

Post by Throttle » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:50 pm

usfvictor wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:Hey Guys! Not really planning to apply to Stetson, but I got an invitation packet in the mail today.

This is the only school that gave me the courtesy of including a coupon to Rally's! Lol. Is there one nearby? I was also wondering if maybe the dean is a franchise holder...??? :D

really? a Rally's coupon? Don't know if serious of not lol. Plus we don't have them in FL as far as I know, we have Checkers.

LMFAO there's no Rally's in florida. I think this is all the info you need about Stetson.

usfvictor

Bronze

Post by usfvictor » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Throttle wrote:
usfvictor wrote:

LMFAO there's no Rally's in florida. I think this is all the info you need about Stetson.
I doubt they seriously sent him a Rally's coupon lol. My guess is he got the invitation packet at the same time he got the flyer classifieds and val pak coupons haha

sporinlaw

New

Post by sporinlaw » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:29 am

Throttle wrote:
usfvictor wrote:

Checkers (in the south) and Rally's (midwest) are part of a joint company that is headquarted in Tampa. I think Stetson has even offered in-house internships there in the past.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

penelope1

New

Post by penelope1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:33 am

Throttle wrote:
usfvictor wrote:

Why are you even on this thread?

Throttle

New

Post by Throttle » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:08 am

penelope1 wrote: Why are you even on this thread?
What you're mad because you thought you could use that Rally's coupon in florida?

usfvictor

Bronze

Post by usfvictor » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:13 am

Throttle wrote:
penelope1 wrote: Why are you even on this thread?
What you're mad because you thought you could use that Rally's coupon in florida?
Not I. But they must've considered you a VIP to include that coupon lol

shedl001

New

Post by shedl001 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:22 am

Anyone have luck negotiating scholarships? I really would like to attend for a little less.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

usfvictor

Bronze

Post by usfvictor » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:31 am

shedl001 wrote:Anyone have luck negotiating scholarships? I really would like to attend for a little less.
I was able to negotiate mine, but not for much as I am going part-time, either way it was helpful. Darren Kettles was nice enough and he's pretty honest about what they can do, so i suggest you reach out to him.

shedl001

New

Post by shedl001 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:51 pm

Anyone send in their deposit yet?

usfvictor

Bronze

Post by usfvictor » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:23 pm

shedl001 wrote:Anyone send in their deposit yet?
I did

usfvictor

Bronze

Post by usfvictor » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:39 am

So ASD is April 6. Anyone attending?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rasaus

New

Post by Rasaus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:23 am

usfvictor wrote:So ASD is April 6. Anyone attending?
I shall be there!

usfvictor

Bronze

Post by usfvictor » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:29 am

Rasaus wrote:
usfvictor wrote:So ASD is April 6. Anyone attending?
I shall be there!
Well that's one lol.

Rasaus

New

Post by Rasaus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Does anyone know good places to live around Stetson? I was looking into the dorms and the Rosa apartments. but the dorms have NO kitchen and it says cooking is limited to a microwave :shock:
I'm not going to be cooking fancy meals every night but I'd like to make myself a decent meal every now and then and not die of overexposure to radiation from that microwave. lol

Anyways my budget is for a place $700 and BELOW. Any suggestions would be helpful :)

usfvictor

Bronze

Post by usfvictor » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:50 pm

from looking at past Stetson posts(class of 2013,14,etc) it seems that you have to leave Gulfport to find something good. although I'm sure if you get a roommate that $700 will go a long way.

Here's one from 2008 lol

Quote:
What are some good apartment complexes near campus?

Well, the one that is most popular is Gulf View, which is right across the street from Stetson. If you're looking for proximity, but still want apartment style living, you got your place. Another one that is actually owned by Stetson is Rosa; apparently the rent is pretty cheap there.

However, I'm not that crazy about the Gulfport area. Also, I've heard that living in Gulf View is basically like living on campus, which is too much for me. My personal preference is downtown St. Petersburg, such as the Madison. It is about 6 miles away from campus. There are apparently a lot of activities that go on during the weekends, and it's walking distance to Publix, Great Clips, and all the downtown bars.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hillbert91

New

Post by hillbert91 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:13 pm

I have been looking at the houses for rent close to campus area and the rent seems to be pretty low if you have a roommate.

westcoastgirl

New

Post by westcoastgirl » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:02 pm

First off, I go to Stetson, and the closest gas station to campus is Rallys. Everyone goes there, so there actually is one.

Second, message me or ask me on here if you have any questions.

I'm a current 1L.

westcoastgirl

New

Post by westcoastgirl » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:05 pm

Rasaus wrote:Does anyone know good places to live around Stetson? I was looking into the dorms and the Rosa apartments. but the dorms have NO kitchen and it says cooking is limited to a microwave :shock:
I'm not going to be cooking fancy meals every night but I'd like to make myself a decent meal every now and then and not die of overexposure to radiation from that microwave. lol

Anyways my budget is for a place $700 and BELOW. Any suggestions would be helpful :)

Hi, I go to Stetson and I currently pay $500 for rent plus another $100 a month usually for electric. I don't pay water or cable, as that is included in my rent. I have a roommate and live in a 3bed/2 bath home.

I found my place on the Stetson Off-Campus Housing list.

I know a lot of my friends have nice places for well under $700 a month. Message me if you would like to know more and I can get you information. I will try to respond as soon as possible but we have appellate briefs due this week and the next so I'm a little busy.

All the best!

shawty18ga

Bronze

Post by shawty18ga » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:59 pm

westcoastgirl wrote:First off, I go to Stetson, and the closest gas station to campus is Rallys. Everyone goes there, so there actually is one.

I'm a current 1L.
I think the person who got a Rally's coupon was talking about the restaurant, not the gas station.

I don't think you have to leave Gulfport to find a decent place at all. Gulfport is ok, and it's pretty nice in the area near the waterfront. You'll have class every day as a 1L, so being close to campus is nice. Downtown St. Pete is a great place to live, but it's more expensive and you'll have to drive more. Living in Golfview 1L and being able to walk to class was nice.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Rasaus

New

Post by Rasaus » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:59 pm

shawty18ga wrote:
westcoastgirl wrote:First off, I go to Stetson, and the closest gas station to campus is Rallys. Everyone goes there, so there actually is one.

I'm a current 1L.
I think the person who got a Rally's coupon was talking about the restaurant, not the gas station.

I don't think you have to leave Gulfport to find a decent place at all. Gulfport is ok, and it's pretty nice in the area near the waterfront. You'll have class every day as a 1L, so being close to campus is nice. Downtown St. Pete is a great place to live, but it's more expensive and you'll have to drive more. Living in Golfview 1L and being able to walk to class was nice.
how much is rent in Golfview if you don't mind me asking. I am going to ASD so I was thinking I'd have a look around at apartment complexes nearby just to get an idea of the area and where I might want to live.

westcoastgirl

New

Post by westcoastgirl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:38 pm

Rasaus wrote:
shawty18ga wrote:

I'm a current 1L.

how much is rent in Golfview if you don't mind me asking. I am going to ASD so I was thinking I'd have a look around at apartment complexes nearby just to get an idea of the area and where I might want to live.

I have friends who pay around $600 a month each ($1200 total) for a 2bed/2 bath with a balcony. I know a lot of people who live there pay anything between $1050 a month to $1500 a month depending on the floor plan size, if it has a balcony, what view it has etc.

Stetson also has the Rosa Apartments, which are really affordable as well.

They also offer Stetson housing houses, and I have a friend who pays $1050 a month for a three bedroom 2 bathroom home with a frontyard, backyard, porch and enclosed 2 car garage.

There are a LOT of options around here, I would recommend checking out Golfview, the Stetson Rosas, Stetson Houses, Pelican Creek Crossing, Skyline 5th, Waters Pointe Apartments, Seaside Villas, and even Craigslist has housing on there that I have seen.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Rasaus

New

Post by Rasaus » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:04 am

so everyone paid their seat deposits?

shedl001

New

Post by shedl001 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:10 pm

planning to. What time are people from out of state looking to move down? I was thinking July 1.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”