University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
User avatar
reyals

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:29 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by reyals » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:18 pm

cheymao wrote:In just now via email!!!
congrats!

all I want is one acceptance letter.

User avatar
willio

New
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:17 am

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by willio » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:15 pm

Dean Margaret Raymond called and left a voicemail today to congratulate me on my acceptance and told me to call her if I have any questions or concerns. A very nice gesture. :)

doglover0702

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by doglover0702 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:01 pm

I've been in review since 12/27. Has anyone else been waiting this long or longer for an answer?

illiniguy1551

Bronze
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by illiniguy1551 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:06 pm

doglover0702 wrote:I've been in review since 12/27. Has anyone else been waiting this long or longer for an answer?
Same date and situation here.

User avatar
ariadne328

Bronze
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by ariadne328 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:07 pm

doglover0702 wrote:I've been in review since 12/27. Has anyone else been waiting this long or longer for an answer?
Yes, I have, and I'm sure we are not alone. Looking at past cycles on LSN and here, those of us who are around the medians (or below) will be waiting a while yet. We just get to sit tight and hope good news is comnig! :)

Edit: And I agree this is awful, but it seems to be the game we get to play with UW-Madison.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
donzoli

Bronze
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:53 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by donzoli » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:30 pm

Does anyone know if and when the next accepted students weekend is?

cheymao

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:17 am

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by cheymao » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:51 am

April 5&6

Brian_music

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:35 am

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by Brian_music » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:00 pm

In today via e-mail

3.95 and a 160. 7 years WE. Resident (although waiting to get confirmation from the school that I'm considered a resident.

Nothing about a scholly yet.

User avatar
michaelm55

Bronze
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by michaelm55 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Still waiting for scholly.......

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
annet

Bronze
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by annet » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:47 am

Still waiting for a decision.

I got a minor sign of life two days ago when my address was changed to reflect a note in my LSAC file that I would be moving. So... at least someone is alive in the office?

Have decisions from every other school I applied to and scholarship offers from most. I applied to UW Madison two weeks before the other schools.

mosquito

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by mosquito » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:56 am

annet wrote:Still waiting for a decision.

I got a minor sign of life two days ago when my address was changed to reflect a note in my LSAC file that I would be moving. So... at least someone is alive in the office?

Have decisions from every other school I applied to and scholarship offers from most. I applied to UW Madison two weeks before the other schools.
+1 so slow~

0808millerd

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by 0808millerd » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:53 am

Do you guys think it is too late in the cycle to apply? I'm sitting with a 161 and 2.99 GPA with 3 years WE. Got into some other schools and Madison has crept up on my radar, especially if I want to work in Milwaukee.

User avatar
annet

Bronze
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by annet » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:05 pm

0808millerd wrote:Do you guys think it is too late in the cycle to apply? I'm sitting with a 161 and 2.99 GPA with 3 years WE. Got into some other schools and Madison has crept up on my radar, especially if I want to work in Milwaukee.
Looking at last year's LSN list (http://wisconsin.lawschoolnumbers.com/a ... &order=asc) you're probably in. What you need to decide is if you like UW Madison at sticker and if you're ok riding the waitlist for a while.

I don't think it's too late at all, especially given that they pushed their deadline back last year.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
romanticegotist

Gold
Posts: 1773
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by romanticegotist » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:01 pm

annet wrote:
0808millerd wrote:Do you guys think it is too late in the cycle to apply? I'm sitting with a 161 and 2.99 GPA with 3 years WE. Got into some other schools and Madison has crept up on my radar, especially if I want to work in Milwaukee.
Looking at last year's LSN list (http://wisconsin.lawschoolnumbers.com/a ... &order=asc) you're probably in. What you need to decide is if you like UW Madison at sticker and if you're ok riding the waitlist for a while.

I don't think it's too late at all, especially given that they pushed their deadline back last year.
Let us know if you apply so we can at least see if there are people working in the office!

NIUmelk

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by NIUmelk » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Anyone know the turnaround after you go into review? I just went under review today.

leximex21

New
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by leximex21 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:47 pm

NIUmelk wrote:Anyone know the turnaround after you go into review? I just went under review today.
Been under review since 1/7...getting impatient over here

mkemmitt

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by mkemmitt » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:04 pm

I'm in the same boat. I Have been under review since January 7 and applied a month and a half before that. If there's a new batch of people going under review maybe we'll be getting a decision sometime in the near future. Top choice, I'll be attending if I am accepted. 161 and a 3.63, Mn reciprocity.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
reyals

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:29 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by reyals » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:27 pm

leximex21 wrote:
NIUmelk wrote:Anyone know the turnaround after you go into review? I just went under review today.
Been under review since 1/7...getting impatient over here
Under review since 1/23.

Let's hope being under review for a few weeks is a good sign.

Brian_music

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:35 am

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by Brian_music » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Received scholarship offer via e-mail today. For a resident such as myself, a very competitive and compelling offer. They also have asked me to keep the details confidential, but I wanted people to know that in-state students are eligible for some money.

160, 3.9 with substantial WE.

User avatar
boomlawyered

New
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by boomlawyered » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:12 pm

I also received a generous scholarship offer, but compared to some other scholarships that I am considering, Madison is more expensive for me to attend overall. Has anyone had success negotiating yet? Especially looking for in-state advice. Thanks!

User avatar
willio

New
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:17 am

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by willio » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:55 pm

boomlawyered wrote:I also received a generous scholarship offer, but compared to some other scholarships that I am considering, Madison is more expensive for me to attend overall. Has anyone had success negotiating yet? Especially looking for in-state advice. Thanks!

I haven't tried to negotiate my scholarship, but on page 2 or 3 of this thread, BuckytheBadger wrote about his experience negotiating as an in-stater. I think they ended up giving him $2,000 more per year. He had extremely competitive numbers for Madison, but it seems they are being more liberal with the scholly money this year.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
michaelm55

Bronze
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by michaelm55 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Not with me. As of now... nothing.... 164, 3.93

chris1350

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:01 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by chris1350 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Been in review since 12/27. Talk about a waiting game.

User avatar
romanticegotist

Gold
Posts: 1773
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by romanticegotist » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:30 pm

Yep...tapping on my desk here.

User avatar
ariadne328

Bronze
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: University of Wisconsin Madison c/o 2016 (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by ariadne328 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:18 pm

Third that. This is the longest I have been "Under Review" with no movement anywhere.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”