USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
User avatar
dproduct

Gold
Posts: 4078
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by dproduct » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:00 pm

fallingup wrote:Applied 1/8/13 and just went to committee first read. That was fast!
fml

User avatar
Ramius

Gold
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:39 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by Ramius » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:01 pm

I've been complete since 11/16...did they lose my file or something?!

elblufer

Bronze
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by elblufer » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:30 pm

matthewsean85 wrote:I've been complete since 11/16...did they lose my file or something?!
Nope. They just hate us.

jackbauer10

Bronze
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by jackbauer10 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:30 pm

fallingup wrote:Applied 1/8/13 and just went to committee first read. That was fast!
me too! let's hope this is a good sign!!

masked kavana

Bronze
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by masked kavana » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:43 pm

matthewsean85 wrote:I've been complete since 11/16...did they lose my file or something?!
10/29 here.. Probably just laughed at my file and threw it in a fire

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
Teflon_Don

Bronze
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by Teflon_Don » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Got the email, IN! #s in profile

sokomofo

Bronze
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:49 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by sokomofo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:10 pm

.
Last edited by sokomofo on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ajax

Bronze
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by ajax » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Checking in!

User avatar
Ramius

Gold
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:39 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by Ramius » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:16 pm

elblufer wrote:
matthewsean85 wrote:I've been complete since 11/16...did they lose my file or something?!
Nope. They just hate us.
This is ridiculous, but I almost feel like taking my UCLA admission just to stick it in their face for making me wait so long...

Oh wait, forgot that I have little to no power in this process. Damnit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


JohnMarshall17

Bronze
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by JohnMarshall17 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:16 pm

Any knowledge on when USC starts sending out scholarship offers?

User avatar
sdphill

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by sdphill » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:25 pm

JohnMarshall17 wrote:Any knowledge on when USC starts sending out scholarship offers?
Around mid-March, but definitely before ASD... You have to fill out the financial aid form before you can receive scholarship information. Also, the scholarships (at least for my class) are graduated for all 3 years.

JohnMarshall17

Bronze
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by JohnMarshall17 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:32 pm

sdphill wrote:
JohnMarshall17 wrote:Any knowledge on when USC starts sending out scholarship offers?
Around mid-March, but definitely before ASD... You have to fill out the financial aid form before you can receive scholarship information. Also, the scholarships (at least for my class) are graduated for all 3 years.
Thanks for the quick response! When does the financial aid form become available? I've been searching for it on the admitted student portal and it doesn't seem to be up yet.

User avatar
sdphill

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by sdphill » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm

JohnMarshall17 wrote:
sdphill wrote:
JohnMarshall17 wrote:Any knowledge on when USC starts sending out scholarship offers?
Around mid-March, but definitely before ASD... You have to fill out the financial aid form before you can receive scholarship information. Also, the scholarships (at least for my class) are graduated for all 3 years.
Thanks for the quick response! When does the financial aid form become available? I've been searching for it on the admitted student portal and it doesn't seem to be up yet.
It should be late February if it is not up now... Have you looked under the Financial Aid tab under the Admitted Student Portal?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


zman

Bronze
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by zman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:57 pm

matthewsean85 wrote:
elblufer wrote:
matthewsean85 wrote:I've been complete since 11/16...did they lose my file or something?!
Nope. They just hate us.
This is ridiculous, but I almost feel like taking my UCLA admission just to stick it in their face for making me wait so long...

Oh wait, forgot that I have little to no power in this process. Damnit.
What are your stats??

fallingup

Bronze
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by fallingup » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:05 am

zman wrote:
matthewsean85 wrote:
elblufer wrote:
matthewsean85 wrote:I've been complete since 11/16...did they lose my file or something?!
Nope. They just hate us.
This is ridiculous, but I almost feel like taking my UCLA admission just to stick it in their face for making me wait so long...

Oh wait, forgot that I have little to no power in this process. Damnit.
What are your stats??
past posts say 3.64/170 with 2 years WE. Not sure why my application went from sent -> complete -> read within the last week and not his because i only have a 3.57 170 with 2 years WE.

User avatar
JayJones78

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by JayJones78 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:25 am

I moved from UR1 to in final review just now. When I last checked a few hours ago I was still UR1. Could it be possible I moved to final review skipping UR2?

User avatar
sdphill

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by sdphill » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:36 am

JayJones78 wrote:I moved from UR1 to in final review just now. When I last checked a few hours ago I was still UR1. Could it be possible I moved to final review skipping UR2?
Yes, I went from UR1 -> Decision Finalized

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
JayJones78

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by JayJones78 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:41 am

sdphill wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:I moved from UR1 to in final review just now. When I last checked a few hours ago I was still UR1. Could it be possible I moved to final review skipping UR2?
Yes, I went from UR1 -> Decision Finalized

Hmmmm I'm hoping you got accepted? :roll:

User avatar
sdphill

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by sdphill » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:42 am

JayJones78 wrote:
sdphill wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:I moved from UR1 to in final review just now. When I last checked a few hours ago I was still UR1. Could it be possible I moved to final review skipping UR2?
Yes, I went from UR1 -> Decision Finalized

Hmmmm I'm hoping you got accepted? :roll:
LOL, yes I am a 1L.

User avatar
JayJones78

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by JayJones78 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:46 am

sdphill wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
sdphill wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:I moved from UR1 to in final review just now. When I last checked a few hours ago I was still UR1. Could it be possible I moved to final review skipping UR2?
Yes, I went from UR1 -> Decision Finalized

Hmmmm I'm hoping you got accepted? :roll:
LOL, yes I am a 1L.
Oh. Great. :lol:
Not that I think that it really means anything for me and USC is a big reach for me, but still it's somewhat comforting :oops:

vzapana

Silver
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by vzapana » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:49 am

I'm now UR2. UR1 12/21. Hope to hear soon!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
JayJones78

Gold
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by JayJones78 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:14 am

vzapana wrote:I'm now UR2. UR1 12/21. Hope to hear soon!
Now I wonder why I never went to UR2..... :shock:
Thoughts?

User avatar
Ramius

Gold
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:39 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by Ramius » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:07 am

matthewsean85 wrote:
elblufer wrote:
matthewsean85 wrote:I've been complete since 11/16...did they lose my file or something?!
Nope. They just hate us.
This is ridiculous, but I almost feel like taking my UCLA admission just to stick it in their face for making me wait so long...

Oh wait, forgot that I have little to no power in this process. Damnit.
Kind of creepy that I went UR1 shortly after posting this.

Hey USC, your fly is down!

comeonletsgo

Bronze
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by comeonletsgo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:29 am

matthewsean85 wrote: Kind of creepy that I went UR1 shortly after posting this.

Hey USC, your fly is down!
Me too. Ah!

User avatar
twinkletoes16

Silver
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by twinkletoes16 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:32 am

comeonletsgo wrote:
matthewsean85 wrote: Kind of creepy that I went UR1 shortly after posting this.

Hey USC, your fly is down!
Me too. Ah!

Yay!!!!! Still sitting at UR1 for me. Maybe they're really slow readers :lol: hoping for lots of movement today!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”