USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
User avatar
anteater1

Silver
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by anteater1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:11 pm

So on average it's between 3-4 weeks from CR1 > CR2 based on the small sample size of this thread....

With my CR1 date of 2/12 I should be hearing back pretty soon (not going to even bother getting my hopes up though)

User avatar
Ramius

Gold
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:39 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by Ramius » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:18 pm

anteater1 wrote:So on average it's between 3-4 weeks from CR1 > CR2 based on the small sample size of this thread....

With my CR1 date of 2/12 I should be hearing back pretty soon (not going to even bother getting my hopes up though)
MAYBE that's the average, but if it is, my numbers are bringing down someone who found out very, very quickly.

User avatar
anteater1

Silver
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by anteater1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:29 pm

matthewsean85 wrote:
anteater1 wrote:So on average it's between 3-4 weeks from CR1 > CR2 based on the small sample size of this thread....

With my CR1 date of 2/12 I should be hearing back pretty soon (not going to even bother getting my hopes up though)
MAYBE that's the average, but if it is, my numbers are bringing down someone who found out very, very quickly.
purely anecdotal, and I'm not sure I understand your meaning

User avatar
Ramius

Gold
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:39 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by Ramius » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:33 pm

anteater1 wrote:
matthewsean85 wrote:
anteater1 wrote:So on average it's between 3-4 weeks from CR1 > CR2 based on the small sample size of this thread....

With my CR1 date of 2/12 I should be hearing back pretty soon (not going to even bother getting my hopes up though)
MAYBE that's the average, but if it is, my numbers are bringing down someone who found out very, very quickly.
purely anecdotal, and I'm not sure I understand your meaning
It is entirely anecdotal, I was mostly just complaining. I've been CR1 since 1/14, after going complete mid-November and have seen no movement since then. And numbers are fairly competitive.

USC is one of the last two schools I am waiting for a decision from, and considering my original applications were submitted beginning of October (took me awhile to get Dean's Certification for a minor conduct offense, hence the complete mid-November), I'm just tired of waiting.

User avatar
acs507

Bronze
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by acs507 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:35 pm

anteater1 wrote:So on average it's between 3-4 weeks from CR1 > CR2 based on the small sample size of this thread....

With my CR1 date of 2/12 I should be hearing back pretty soon (not going to even bother getting my hopes up though)
I feel like there's just no way to guesstimate with USC. I've been on CR2 since 2/14 but others here back within a week of being on CR2...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
VeeD101

Bronze
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by VeeD101 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:05 pm

acs507 wrote:
anteater1 wrote:So on average it's between 3-4 weeks from CR1 > CR2 based on the small sample size of this thread....

With my CR1 date of 2/12 I should be hearing back pretty soon (not going to even bother getting my hopes up though)
I feel like there's just no way to guesstimate with USC. I've been on CR2 since 2/14 but others here back within a week of being on CR2...
I've been on CR2 since 1/25 so I feel your pain. USC is the only school I applied to for which lsn predicted an 'admit' decision, so I'm really confused about what is going on.

FringeFan

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:35 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by FringeFan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:59 pm

Is it true that you can email the admissions office and ask to receive a decision by the end of March at the cost of waiving the chance to be WL'd?

kaydee

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by kaydee » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:29 pm

I've been "Complete" since 1/27... Does the lack or CR translate to automatic rejection? Stop leading me on, USC!

User avatar
Charlie.Home

Bronze
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by Charlie.Home » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:36 pm

kaydee wrote:I've been "Complete" since 1/27... Does the lack or CR translate to automatic rejection? Stop leading me on, USC!
yes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


kaydee

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by kaydee » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Charlie.Home wrote:
kaydee wrote:I've been "Complete" since 1/27... Does the lack or CR translate to automatic rejection? Stop leading me on, USC!
yes.
Why haven't I received a rejection yet then?

zman

Bronze
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by zman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:45 pm

kaydee wrote:
Charlie.Home wrote:
kaydee wrote:I've been "Complete" since 1/27... Does the lack or CR translate to automatic rejection? Stop leading me on, USC!
yes.
Why haven't I received a rejection yet then?
I don't think it's or sure you are rejected. they could waitlist you depending on your stats and other things.

User avatar
Homelandsagreatshow

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:19 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by Homelandsagreatshow » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:47 pm

Complete sinceee 1/11

User avatar
xiaojimu

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by xiaojimu » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:40 pm

FringeFan wrote:Is it true that you can email the admissions office and ask to receive a decision by the end of March at the cost of waiving the chance to be WL'd?
yes, according to my sources.
but you should always check with the office.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


amonthofsundays

Bronze
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by amonthofsundays » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Officially got the Rothman ding.

User avatar
pannekoeken

New
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by pannekoeken » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:05 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:Officially got the Rothman ding.
+1.

It says they had 140 applicants... that is a LOT considering the fact that their class size usually hovers around 180, no?

zman

Bronze
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by zman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 pm

pannekoeken wrote:
amonthofsundays wrote:Officially got the Rothman ding.
+1.

It says they had 140 applicants... that is a LOT considering the fact that their class size usually hovers around 180, no?
where does it say they had 140 applicants?

User avatar
boblawlob

Silver
Posts: 519
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by boblawlob » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:07 pm

pannekoeken wrote:
amonthofsundays wrote:Officially got the Rothman ding.
+1.

It says they had 140 applicants... that is a LOT considering the fact that their class size usually hovers around 180, no?
I'd say only 20% of those applicants will end up at USC.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


zman

Bronze
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by zman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:09 pm

boblawlob wrote:
pannekoeken wrote:
amonthofsundays wrote:Officially got the Rothman ding.
+1.

It says they had 140 applicants... that is a LOT considering the fact that their class size usually hovers around 180, no?
I'd say only 20% of those applicants will end up at USC.
less than 20%. rothman candidates are accepted by top 10 schools. most of them.

User avatar
pannekoeken

New
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by pannekoeken » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:34 pm

zman wrote:
boblawlob wrote:
pannekoeken wrote:
amonthofsundays wrote:Officially got the Rothman ding.
+1.

It says they had 140 applicants... that is a LOT considering the fact that their class size usually hovers around 180, no?
I'd say only 20% of those applicants will end up at USC.
less than 20%. rothman candidates are accepted by top 10 schools. most of them.
Oh, no doubt. But I still think that is a lot of applicants for one measly spot, especially considering the fact that USC is a small school.

User avatar
thatgumyoulike

New
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by thatgumyoulike » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:46 pm

zman wrote:
kaydee wrote:
Charlie.Home wrote:
kaydee wrote:I've been "Complete" since 1/27... Does the lack or CR translate to automatic rejection? Stop leading me on, USC!
yes.
Why haven't I received a rejection yet then?
I don't think it's or sure you are rejected. they could waitlist you depending on your stats and other things.
Could someone elaborate on exactly what is being suggested here? I've been complete since 1/14 and nothing since. Is this suggesting I'm going to get dinged or waitlisted?
Last edited by thatgumyoulike on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
megagnarley

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by megagnarley » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:51 pm

For what it's worth, thought I'd share a bit of insight into my dealings with USC Law thus far.

Even being a USC undergrad alum, I didn't think I could ever see myself spending another three years there for law school, due in no small part to my desire for a change in scenery and my desire to go T-14.

Having gone to two events over the past few days, however, one for admitted students and one for admitted Trojans, I've simply been blown away by the hospitality and accessibility of current students, alumni, and faculty alike. Be it the charming dean of admissions, the dedicated alumni (managing partners at firms none the less) giving their personal contact info out to prospective students, or the dean of the school himself hosting an event at his home and writing a personal follow up email touching on a previous conversation, there is every indication that the intimate atmosphere so boasted about by USC law, is in fact, a reality.

Granted, I am not oblivious to the fact that they are trying to sell the school as well, but even the manner in which they do that is so sincere and personalized compared to their cross town rivals.

Take that for what it's worth. I'm no USC booster, and there is still a good chance that I'll end up elsewhere come this fall. But I do think the type of effort and sincerity I've witnessed thus far should be of interest to other prospectives who don't live in LA and haven't had the opportunity of attending first hand.

That is all.

ETA: completely outing myself with this email, but hey, I have nothing to hide.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
twinkletoes16

Silver
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by twinkletoes16 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:56 pm

amonthofsundays wrote:Officially got the Rothman ding.

Was this via email or snail mail?

User avatar
uconjak

Bronze
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by uconjak » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:08 pm

megagnarley wrote:For what it's worth, thought I'd share a bit of insight into my dealings with USC Law thus far.

Even being a USC undergrad alum, I didn't think I could ever see myself spending another three years there for law school, due in no small part to my desire for a change in scenery and my desire to go T-14.

Having gone to two events over the past few days, however, one for admitted students and one for admitted Trojans, I've simply been blown away by the hospitality and accessibility of current students, alumni, and faculty alike. Be it the charming dean of admissions, the dedicated alumni (managing partners at firms none the less) giving their personal contact info out to prospective students, or the dean of the school himself hosting an event at his home and writing a personal follow up email touching on a previous conversation, there is every indication that the intimate atmosphere so boasted about by USC law, is in fact, a reality.

Granted, I am not oblivious to the fact that they are trying to sell the school as well, but even the manner in which they do that is so sincere and personalized compared to their cross town rivals.

Take that for what it's worth. I'm no USC booster, and there is still a good chance that I'll end up elsewhere come this fall. But I do think the type of effort and sincerity I've witnessed thus far should be of interest to other prospectives who don't live in LA and haven't had the opportunity of attending first hand.

That is all.

ETA: completely outing myself with this email, but hey, I have nothing to hide.
I felt the same way, the folks at USC went out of their way to be friendly. Even the students came up to me and asked me if i was interested in usc law and talked to me about it.

BigZuck

Diamond
Posts: 11730
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by BigZuck » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:25 pm

megagnarley wrote:For what it's worth, thought I'd share a bit of insight into my dealings with USC Law thus far.

Even being a USC undergrad alum, I didn't think I could ever see myself spending another three years there for law school, due in no small part to my desire for a change in scenery and my desire to go T-14.

Having gone to two events over the past few days, however, one for admitted students and one for admitted Trojans, I've simply been blown away by the hospitality and accessibility of current students, alumni, and faculty alike. Be it the charming dean of admissions, the dedicated alumni (managing partners at firms none the less) giving their personal contact info out to prospective students, or the dean of the school himself hosting an event at his home and writing a personal follow up email touching on a previous conversation, there is every indication that the intimate atmosphere so boasted about by USC law, is in fact, a reality.

Granted, I am not oblivious to the fact that they are trying to sell the school as well, but even the manner in which they do that is so sincere and personalized compared to their cross town rivals.

Take that for what it's worth. I'm no USC booster, and there is still a good chance that I'll end up elsewhere come this fall. But I do think the type of effort and sincerity I've witnessed thus far should be of interest to other prospectives who don't live in LA and haven't had the opportunity of attending first hand.

That is all.

ETA: completely outing myself with this email, but hey, I have nothing to hide.
Just curious- how many of those types of get togethers have you gone to for other schools?

User avatar
megagnarley

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: USC c/o 2016 Applicants

Post by megagnarley » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:58 pm

BigZuck wrote:
megagnarley wrote:For what it's worth, thought I'd share a bit of insight into my dealings with USC Law thus far.

Even being a USC undergrad alum, I didn't think I could ever see myself spending another three years there for law school, due in no small part to my desire for a change in scenery and my desire to go T-14.

Having gone to two events over the past few days, however, one for admitted students and one for admitted Trojans, I've simply been blown away by the hospitality and accessibility of current students, alumni, and faculty alike. Be it the charming dean of admissions, the dedicated alumni (managing partners at firms none the less) giving their personal contact info out to prospective students, or the dean of the school himself hosting an event at his home and writing a personal follow up email touching on a previous conversation, there is every indication that the intimate atmosphere so boasted about by USC law, is in fact, a reality.

Granted, I am not oblivious to the fact that they are trying to sell the school as well, but even the manner in which they do that is so sincere and personalized compared to their cross town rivals.

Take that for what it's worth. I'm no USC booster, and there is still a good chance that I'll end up elsewhere come this fall. But I do think the type of effort and sincerity I've witnessed thus far should be of interest to other prospectives who don't live in LA and haven't had the opportunity of attending first hand.

That is all.

ETA: completely outing myself with this email, but hey, I have nothing to hide.
Just curious- how many of those types of get togethers have you gone to for other schools?
0. Because none of the other Deans have invited me to their house. Thanks for making my point for me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”