Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
drive4showLSAT4dough

Bronze
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by drive4showLSAT4dough » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:31 pm

FrankGallagher wrote:just RSVP'd for the April weekend visit. anyone else doing that one instead of march?
Thinking about it. Going to wait til they announce $$ offers in late Feb before I RSVP.

hopingtogetin

New
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:59 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by hopingtogetin » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Iamnotworthy wrote:Complete since 10/15. Vandy and Michigan are driving me crazy.
Same here. I broke down and called admissions and they said to expect my decision by mid-April or May. I have a full ride at some lesser schools but I have to committ to them by April 1 if I want to keep the scolly. So I don't know what I'm going to do. fuuuuuuccckkkk

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl

Gold
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:59 pm

hopingtogetin wrote:
Iamnotworthy wrote:Complete since 10/15. Vandy and Michigan are driving me crazy.
Same here. I broke down and called admissions and they said to expect my decision by mid-April or May. I have a full ride at some lesser schools but I have to committ to them by April 1 if I want to keep the scolly. So I don't know what I'm going to do. fuuuuuuccckkkk
Woah, woah, woah. Vanderbilt said to expect a decision by April?!

hopingtogetin

New
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:59 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by hopingtogetin » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:01 pm

They said anywhere between April and May.

User avatar
hhockberger

Bronze
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:28 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by hhockberger » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:02 pm

hopingtogetin wrote:
Iamnotworthy wrote:Complete since 10/15. Vandy and Michigan are driving me crazy.
Same here. I broke down and called admissions and they said to expect my decision by mid-April or May. I have a full ride at some lesser schools but I have to committ to them by April 1 if I want to keep the scolly. So I don't know what I'm going to do. fuuuuuuccckkkk
Schools are allowed to require deposits to keep a scholly, but they can't force you to withdraw your other apps:

http://blogs.law.yale.edu/blogs/admissi ... power.aspx

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
timeandspace11

Silver
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by timeandspace11 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:16 pm

hopingtogetin wrote:They said anywhere between April and May.

When did you apply?

User avatar
99.9luft

Silver
Posts: 1234
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by 99.9luft » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:39 pm

so cruel. got a fat Vandy envolope that turned out to be an information booklet (old one, too, with class of 2014 medians). beautiful, just beautiful.

User avatar
timeandspace11

Silver
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by timeandspace11 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:42 pm

99.9luft wrote:so cruel. got a fat Vandy envolope that turned out to be an information booklet (old one, too, with class of 2014 medians). beautiful, just beautiful.
Same. When I first saw the package I wasnt thinking rationally and thought I was being accepted. Then I remembered their acceptance package comes in a black box.

User avatar
Inconceivable!

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by Inconceivable! » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:03 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster. Applied to Vandy and went complete in early January. What is the deal with their application process. It seems as though you will have no way of knowing when you will hear (versus the typical under review, or some # week timeframe). Could I really hear tomorrow or in three months? (as if I don't check my status checker everyday anyway)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
Jaqen

Silver
Posts: 986
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by Jaqen » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Inconceivable! wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster. Applied to Vandy and went complete in early January. What is the deal with their application process. It seems as though you will have no way of knowing when you will hear (versus the typical under review, or some # week timeframe). Could I really hear tomorrow or in three months? (as if I don't check my status checker everyday anyway)
1) Welcome to the forum (officially).
2) Nice name+avatar.
3) I think that having no idea / getting no clues is more the norm than not, really. It sucks, but you get used to it after awhile. Sorta.

User avatar
syd625

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by syd625 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:05 pm

Anybody else get their black box before the VLS status checker showed a date for Decision Mailed? It makes me nervous that someone made a mistake, but they're going to have to pry that sucker out of my cold, dead hands.

dykstaab

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by dykstaab » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:13 pm

syd625 wrote:Anybody else get their black box before the VLS status checker showed a date for Decision Mailed? It makes me nervous that someone made a mistake, but they're going to have to pry that sucker out of my cold, dead hands.
Haha I check my mail everyday in hopes that they just forgot to enter my mail date....I think somebody else earlier in this thread had the same thing happen....congrats!

User avatar
syd625

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by syd625 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:24 pm

^Thanks!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
marbellie

New
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:37 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by marbellie » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:30 am

Inconceivable! wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster. Applied to Vandy and went complete in early January. What is the deal with their application process. It seems as though you will have no way of knowing when you will hear (versus the typical under review, or some # week timeframe). Could I really hear tomorrow or in three months? (as if I don't check my status checker everyday anyway)

Yeah so far the decision dates have been sporadic at best. Some have waited 3 months, others a week. But regardless, good luck! :)

User avatar
Inconceivable!

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by Inconceivable! » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:38 am

Jaqen wrote:
Inconceivable! wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster. Applied to Vandy and went complete in early January. What is the deal with their application process. It seems as though you will have no way of knowing when you will hear (versus the typical under review, or some # week timeframe). Could I really hear tomorrow or in three months? (as if I don't check my status checker everyday anyway)
1) Welcome to the forum (officially).
2) Nice name+avatar.
3) I think that having no idea / getting no clues is more the norm than not, really. It sucks, but you get used to it after awhile. Sorta.

Thanks for the answer!
I'll just keep logging in every day, hoping for a decision mailed date. :D

shntn

Platinum
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by shntn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:16 pm

I really wanna book a flight for an ASP, but I'm holding off until scholarships.

User avatar
WokeUpInACar

Platinum
Posts: 5542
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by WokeUpInACar » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:20 pm

shntn wrote:I really wanna book a flight for an ASP, but I'm holding off until scholarshipsI get in
FTFM :?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
goden

Gold
Posts: 2750
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by goden » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:22 pm

goden wrote:Decision mailed 2/7, called apartment about my package, they said it was USPS. Welp.
Waitlisted via letter in the mail.

User avatar
WokeUpInACar

Platinum
Posts: 5542
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by WokeUpInACar » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:23 pm

goden wrote:
goden wrote:Decision mailed 2/7, called apartment about my package, they said it was USPS. Welp.
Waitlisted via letter in the mail.
Sorry bud :(

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl

Gold
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:23 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:
shntn wrote:I really wanna book a flight for an ASP, but I'm holding off until scholarshipsI get in
FTFM :?
And don't they basically book the flight for you and pay for the hotel? You have friends in Nashville, just go anyway.

shntn

Platinum
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by shntn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:29 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:
shntn wrote:I really wanna book a flight for an ASP, but I'm holding off until scholarshipsI get in
FTFM :?
And don't they basically book the flight for you and pay for the hotel? You have friends in Nashville, just go anyway.
I'd rather not abuse their ridiculously generous travel policy unless I'm really, seriously considering it. And you know money plays a big part in that.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
Crowing

Gold
Posts: 2631
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by Crowing » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:14 pm

They offered me $300 to make what is essentially a 5 hour drive. Then I can either stay with a student (what I'm doing) or get another $50/night for a hotel.

Compare that to Cornell which offered $175 to fly halfway across the country to Syracuse, rent a car to drive to Ithaca from there, and stay in a hotel.

...

shntn

Platinum
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by shntn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:15 pm

Crowing wrote:They offered me $300 to make what is essentially a 5 hour drive. Then I can either stay with a student (what I'm doing) or get another $50/night for a hotel.

Compare that to Cornell which offered $175 to fly halfway across the country to Syracuse, rent a car to drive to Ithaca from there, and stay in a hotel.

...
It's absurdly generous.

And yeah, I wrote back to Cornell thanking them for the subsidy but declining it. $100 to get to the middle of nowhere is really, really difficult to swing.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash

Gold
Posts: 3143
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by DoveBodyWash » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Crowing wrote:They offered me $300 to make what is essentially a 5 hour drive. Then I can either stay with a student (what I'm doing) or get another $50/night for a hotel.

Compare that to Cornell which offered $175 to fly halfway across the country to Syracuse, rent a car to drive to Ithaca from there, and stay in a hotel.

...
Let me know if you want me to have a pledge pick you up and drop you off at Cornell

User avatar
RetakeFrenzy

Silver
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Post by RetakeFrenzy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:43 pm

So is this the general consensus?
USPS = WL or Ding
FedEx - Admit????

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”