Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
o0o0o0o

New
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by o0o0o0o » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:41 pm

Still here. Almost sure it's WL at this point

User avatar
bernaldiaz

Gold
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by bernaldiaz » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:42 pm

o0o0o0o wrote:Still here. Almost sure it's WL at this point
Maybe for you, but there has to be hundreds of us still left. Talking to people at SLS this weekend, like half of them hadn't received decisions from Yale. There's like a zero percent chance we are all waitlist bound.

o0o0o0o

New
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by o0o0o0o » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:45 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
o0o0o0o wrote:Still here. Almost sure it's WL at this point
Maybe for you, but there has to be hundreds of us still left. Talking to people at SLS this weekend, like half of them hadn't received decisions from Yale. There's like a zero percent chance we are all waitlist bound.
fair enough.

User avatar
wert3813

Silver
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by wert3813 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:47 pm

callmemaybe84 wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
wert3813 wrote:Drinking games????

Everytime someone gets dinged it's a sip, everytime AZ says something negative it's two.
Bahahaha, hold up, I need to run down to BevMo
I'm down. as long as AZ is in. Can't have him ruining my night prematurely.
Might get drunk a lot faster if you drank on mentions of not being dinged.

User avatar
edgeofthenight

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by edgeofthenight » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:51 pm

sabanist wrote: I'm churning out papers here, so no judgment. I'm supposed to be analyzing "Goblin Market" right now actually... the people doing math on the computers on either side of me are looking mighty judgmental when they glance over at my screen...
I'm surrounded by a pile of Bibles for a religious studies paper. Combined with the constant e-mail refreshing, the other people at this table probably think I'm vigorously praying for something...
kthoma23 wrote:I am still waiting too. Applied in early Nov.
November club hollah. We have to be waitlist at this point? Right? Right?

Or my application is stuck behind a desk somewhere.
wert3813 wrote:Drinking games????
I wish this paper didn't have to be coherent...

(Edited because spelling is a beautiful thing. I'm going to go step away from the computer and make pancakes, so if I get rejected, I will have pancakes.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
yarsten

Bronze
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by yarsten » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Rejected. Just got the email.

I'm cool with that.

HopefulBulldog

New
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:13 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by HopefulBulldog » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:56 pm

edgeofthenight wrote:
sabanist wrote: I'm churning out papers here, so no judgment. I'm supposed to be analyzing "Goblin Market" right now actually... the people doing math on the computers on either side of me are looking mighty judgmental when they glance over at my screen...
I'm surrounded by a pile of Bibles for a religious studies paper. Combined with the constant e-mail refreshing, the other people at this table probably think I'm vigorously praying for something...

THis - +1.

Edit: Ugh I don't understand code - edge of the night, not trying to steal your line, just trying to say it's awesome.
Last edited by HopefulBulldog on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sabanist

Silver
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by sabanist » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:57 pm

edgeofthenight wrote:
wert3813 wrote:Drinking games????
I wish this paper didn't have to be coherent...
:lol: at the praying.
You know what the dude in my 'tar said... "Write drunk; edit sober."
I've had a lot of luck with particularly dull papers using this method.

User avatar
Yukos

Gold
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by Yukos » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:57 pm

Maybe they really are emailing us one by one.

Yale, let me help you out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
sabanist

Silver
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by sabanist » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:58 pm

yarsten wrote:Rejected. Just got the email.

I'm cool with that.
Just saw this. :(
Sorry bro.

MannaMan

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by MannaMan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 pm

Yukos wrote:Maybe they really are emailing us one by one.

Yale, let me help you out.

hahaha for real

User avatar
wert3813

Silver
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by wert3813 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:10 pm

Yukos wrote:Maybe they really are emailing us one by one.

Yale, let me help you out.
Damn yukos y and w are at the end of the alphabet. This is gonna be a while for both of us.

edamame

Bronze
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by edamame » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:17 pm

:-(, I've been super busy but have still followed this thread today.

I wish I could hug y'all. Just remember -- the fact that you were alive until the end probably meant that you had a strong application. I know that's no consolation, but you'll do wonderfully at whichever place is lucky (extremely lucky) to have you. I know you will.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
edgeofthenight

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by edgeofthenight » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:26 pm

No e-mails, but I do have pancakes, so the world is a bit better. And Yale, if you need that push to accept me, they're really good.
sabanist wrote:
edgeofthenight wrote:
wert3813 wrote:Drinking games????
I wish this paper didn't have to be coherent...
:lol: at the praying.
You know what the dude in my 'tar said... "Write drunk; edit sober."
I've had a lot of luck with particularly dull papers using this method.
If I haven't heard anything by Thursday, the next draft of my thesis might involve that method...

Condolences to everyone who has been dinged :( and thank you edamame!
(and everyone else who has stuck around and kept us updated on the facebook group and what not)

User avatar
carboncopyx

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by carboncopyx » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:27 pm

sabanist wrote: :lol: at the praying.
You know what the dude in my 'tar said... "Write drunk; edit sober."
I've had a lot of luck with particularly dull papers using this method.
I wrote my Personal Statement via that method! :D Wise words indeed.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute

Gold
Posts: 1557
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by ManOfTheMinute » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:36 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
sabanist wrote: :lol: at the praying.
You know what the dude in my 'tar said... "Write drunk; edit sober."
I've had a lot of luck with particularly dull papers using this method.
I wrote my Personal Statement via that method! :D Wise words indeed.
bullshit!

User avatar
carboncopyx

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by carboncopyx » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:41 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:
sabanist wrote: :lol: at the praying.
You know what the dude in my 'tar said... "Write drunk; edit sober."
I've had a lot of luck with particularly dull papers using this method.
I wrote my Personal Statement via that method! :D Wise words indeed.
bullshit!
I would never lie to you, MOTM!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


HopefulBulldog

New
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:13 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by HopefulBulldog » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:50 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
YLS Admissions Twitter wrote:Decisions are being sent today for most of our remaining applicants. Thank you for your continued patience throughout the review process
Read: You are all getting WLed/Rejected shortly, so quit bitching on TLS
Beginning to wonder about this "most"

User avatar
polareagle

Bronze
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by polareagle » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:51 pm

.
Last edited by polareagle on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

az21833

Silver
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by az21833 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:04 pm

im in for drinking game

call off work for tomorrow guys

i actually think a very high % of us will be WL, which is more optimistic than most with their giant ding wave theory

az21833

Silver
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by az21833 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:04 pm

yeah that most qualifier is just unreal. talk about trolling

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
sabanist

Silver
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by sabanist » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:10 pm

az21833 wrote: i actually think a very high % of us will be WL, which is more optimistic than most with their giant ding wave theory
Who are you and what have you done with our az? :lol:

I'm anticipating a long night. If 1am ding waves happened before, 10pm is far from out of the question imo.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute

Gold
Posts: 1557
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by ManOfTheMinute » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:14 pm

sabanist wrote:
I'm anticipating a long night. If 1am ding waves happened before, 10pm is far from out of the question imo.
Yeah, it must be a late night of waves... because she said "most," so I'll assume 51%, in which case the five or six dings we've heard so far were by no means 50% of the pending applications TLS had to start the day

@carbon... damn straight

az21833

Silver
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by az21833 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:15 pm

lol im just SO happy this is finally ending.

by this i mainly mean the YLS puppet game. but more broadly this entire law school admissions nonsense. cheers to us for making it through it

TrustInMusic

Bronze
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Yale c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Post by TrustInMusic » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:19 pm

imma surviva (for now)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”