Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Post Reply
User avatar
TripTrip

Gold
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by TripTrip » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Economist Erik wrote:Hi all,
I just got into the JD-PhD program at NU, but I haven't gotten any notifications about this "ASW." When is this? And how did you all learn about it?

Thanks!
It's tomorrow, and notification was via email. What timeframe do you mean by "just"?

User avatar
Solistus

Bronze
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:23 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by Solistus » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Economist Erik wrote:Hi all,
I just got into the JD-PhD program at NU, but I haven't gotten any notifications about this "ASW." When is this? And how did you all learn about it?

Thanks!
Congratulations! What PhD program?

ASW = Admitted Student Weekend. It's tomorrow and Saturday, so they probably didn't mention it since they figured you couldn't plan a trip to Chicago on such short notice anyway.

Economist Erik

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by Economist Erik » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:50 pm

TripTrip wrote:
Economist Erik wrote:Hi all,
I just got into the JD-PhD program at NU, but I haven't gotten any notifications about this "ASW." When is this? And how did you all learn about it?

Thanks!
It's tomorrow, and notification was via email. What timeframe do you mean by "just"?
I was notified march 7th, so there should have been ample time for the email. I'd be surprised if joint degree students aren't invited, so I assume I slipped through the cracks somehow.
Last edited by Economist Erik on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Economist Erik

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by Economist Erik » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Solistus wrote:
Economist Erik wrote:Hi all,
I just got into the JD-PhD program at NU, but I haven't gotten any notifications about this "ASW." When is this? And how did you all learn about it?

Thanks!
Congratulations! What PhD program?

ASW = Admitted Student Weekend. It's tomorrow and Saturday, so they probably didn't mention it since they figured you couldn't plan a trip to Chicago on such short notice anyway.
I'm in economics. And I've already been in the econ program (and thus living in the Chicago area) for a couple years, so I don't think they would assume I'd be unable to make it.

Any advice about who I should contact to get this cleared up? And where is this shindig, anyway? Is there a website for it, or something?

User avatar
cookiejar1

Silver
Posts: 867
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by cookiejar1 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:25 pm

Economist Erik wrote:
Solistus wrote:
Economist Erik wrote:Hi all,
I just got into the JD-PhD program at NU, but I haven't gotten any notifications about this "ASW." When is this? And how did you all learn about it?

Thanks!
Congratulations! What PhD program?

ASW = Admitted Student Weekend. It's tomorrow and Saturday, so they probably didn't mention it since they figured you couldn't plan a trip to Chicago on such short notice anyway.
I'm in economics. And I've already been in the econ program (and thus living in the Chicago area) for a couple years, so I don't think they would assume I'd be unable to make it.

Any advice about who I should contact to get this cleared up? And where is this shindig, anyway? Is there a website for it, or something?
https://www.law.northwestern.edu/admiss ... ekend.html

call admissions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Economist Erik

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by Economist Erik » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:34 pm

cookiejar1 wrote:
Economist Erik wrote:
Solistus wrote:
Economist Erik wrote:Hi all,
I just got into the JD-PhD program at NU, but I haven't gotten any notifications about this "ASW." When is this? And how did you all learn about it?

Thanks!
Congratulations! What PhD program?

ASW = Admitted Student Weekend. It's tomorrow and Saturday, so they probably didn't mention it since they figured you couldn't plan a trip to Chicago on such short notice anyway.
I'm in economics. And I've already been in the econ program (and thus living in the Chicago area) for a couple years, so I don't think they would assume I'd be unable to make it.

Any advice about who I should contact to get this cleared up? And where is this shindig, anyway? Is there a website for it, or something?
https://www.law.northwestern.edu/admiss ... ekend.html

call admissions.
Thanks! I've emailed admissions and the woman who runs the event, and I'll call admissions in the morning. Hope to see you all there!

az21833

Silver
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by az21833 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:16 pm

checking out just withdrew. enjoy streeterville guys

User avatar
untar614

Silver
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by untar614 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:17 am

Flew in from florida and this weather is nothing ( I know its not winter though).

So, whats the secret handshake?

User avatar
Micdiddy

Gold
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by Micdiddy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:54 am

untar614 wrote:Flew in from florida and this weather is nothing ( I know its not winter though).

So, whats the secret handshake?
Lift your hand grasping a fake mug and pretend to clink it together, while saying "Da Bears."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
TripTrip

Gold
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by TripTrip » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:00 am

Got dat luggage tag in the mail today. So snazzy!

T20hopeful89

Bronze
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by T20hopeful89 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:25 pm

Guess we can't expect any decisions today because the admissions office will be busy with ASW...

User avatar
Micdiddy

Gold
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by Micdiddy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:54 pm

T20hopeful89 wrote:Guess we can't expect any decisions today because the admissions office will be busy with ASW...
But we should be expecting ASW PICWHORING!!!!!!!! Don't leave us hanging guys!

liupang

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:06 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by liupang » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:07 pm

KremeCheez wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:For the record I'll be wearing jean shorts, sandals, beanie and a tie-dye t-shirt.

at my home 'cause I'm not coming :(
+1
:(

Pics throughout ASW please....
shorts, sandals, and t-shirt +2

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
Clearly

Gold
Posts: 4189
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by Clearly » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:35 pm

It's been 2 weeks of trying, and I can't get anyone on the phone in admissions. I haven't heard a busy signal in like 10 years, now I hear it every day!

User avatar
Danny Boyo

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by Danny Boyo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:48 pm

At this point, since NU admissions' office must be focused on the ASW events, should we who haven't heard back from the school at all have any hope of getting admitted directly from the application, as opposed to being accepted from the waitlist in the upcoming months? Any thoughts?

User avatar
TripTrip

Gold
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by TripTrip » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Sorry guys, the schedule was cram packed!

User avatar
Micdiddy

Gold
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by Micdiddy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:34 pm

TripTrip wrote:Sorry guys, the schedule was cram packed!
So, stories? Details? Love? Hate?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


Big Dog

Silver
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by Big Dog » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:38 pm

Sorry guys, the schedule was cram packed!

Yeah, sure, brag about the "packed" bar review. And least post some pix for us schmucks still back home pining away..... :lol:

User avatar
TripTrip

Gold
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by TripTrip » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Micdiddy wrote:
TripTrip wrote:Sorry guys, the schedule was cram packed!
So, stories? Details? Love? Hate?
Dean Lee made fun of us for confusing him with a karate master.

Very enjoyable though; I learned a lot. There's some serious support to find housing, too.

User avatar
andy261

Bronze
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by andy261 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:It's been 2 weeks of trying, and I can't get anyone on the phone in admissions. I haven't heard a busy signal in like 10 years, now I hear it every day!
I was having the same issue until I discovered an alternate admissions phone number here. Should work.

rebexness

Gold
Posts: 4155
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by rebexness » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:42 pm

TripTrip wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
TripTrip wrote:Sorry guys, the schedule was cram packed!
So, stories? Details? Love? Hate?
Dean Lee made fun of us for confusing him with a karate master.

Very enjoyable though; I learned a lot. There's some serious support to find housing, too.
Johann IS the Miyagi of LS Admissions.

I mean, you guys might have worn Jeggings if it wasn't for him.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
TripTrip

Gold
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by TripTrip » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:52 pm

Jeggings were my first choice...

User avatar
Clearly

Gold
Posts: 4189
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by Clearly » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:57 pm

andy261 wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:It's been 2 weeks of trying, and I can't get anyone on the phone in admissions. I haven't heard a busy signal in like 10 years, now I hear it every day!
I was having the same issue until I discovered an alternate admissions phone number here. Should work.
I'll try tomorrow, thanks so much!

User avatar
andy261

Bronze
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by andy261 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:00 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
andy261 wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:It's been 2 weeks of trying, and I can't get anyone on the phone in admissions. I haven't heard a busy signal in like 10 years, now I hear it every day!
I was having the same issue until I discovered an alternate admissions phone number here. Should work.
I'll try tomorrow, thanks so much!
No problem. Not sure if they'd be open on a Saturday though..?

User avatar
Micdiddy

Gold
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law C/O 2016 (2012-2013 Applicants)

Post by Micdiddy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Seriously we need some ASW picwhoring. Don't be so shy, we'll all meet face-to-face soon anyway.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”