NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dsn32

Bronze

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Post by dsn32 » Fri May 24, 2013 3:00 pm

senorhosh wrote:Anyone know how long the financial aid appeal takes?
Filed mine around 4 yesterday, still no word.

HawkeyeGirl

Bronze

Post by HawkeyeGirl » Fri May 24, 2013 4:03 pm

FYI for recent WL admits. I deposited on 5/8 and was poking around the admitted students website and found my NetID was available, despite no email. So I went ahead applied for housing this afternoon!

bailey8078

Bronze

Post by bailey8078 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:42 pm

dsn32 wrote:
Took about 24hours

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Fri May 24, 2013 5:04 pm

bailey8078 wrote:
dsn32 wrote:
Took about 24hours
Filed mine immediately after getting the "award" ($0). I think we'll hear back Tuesday. They're closed monday right? =/

megagnarley

Bronze

Post by megagnarley » Fri May 24, 2013 7:35 pm

Is there an official appeal form you guys are submitting or are you just emailing financial aid?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Fri May 24, 2013 7:43 pm

megagnarley wrote:Is there an official appeal form you guys are submitting or are you just emailing financial aid?
I sent an email to financial aid and they opened a tab for me on the financial aid site.

megagnarley

Bronze

Post by megagnarley » Sat May 25, 2013 5:44 am

senorhosh wrote:
megagnarley wrote:Is there an official appeal form you guys are submitting or are you just emailing financial aid?
I sent an email to financial aid and they opened a tab for me on the financial aid site.
Odd. I wrote them a detailed email on Thursday and they've yet to respond or make any changes to my financial aid page.

Thinking I should make a call.

Does anyone know if they are open on Monday?

dsn32

Bronze

Post by dsn32 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:37 pm

megagnarley wrote:
senorhosh wrote:
Odd. I wrote them a detailed email on Thursday and they've yet to respond or make any changes to my financial aid page.

I would definitely call, because they were pretty prompt in getting back to most of us who submitted appeals. As for Monday, I would assume not, because I saw in the NYU C/O '16 thread that some other University departments were closed Monday (Housing) and people needed to decide by Tuesday, which they weren't happy about. I would assume admissions is similar, despite our Wednesday deadline.

LeeAdama

New

Post by LeeAdama » Tue May 28, 2013 11:53 am

UR 5/28 today and just got the UPS Tracking Email.

I've been saving this gif for this very moment: http://media.tumblr.com/90a6ad78e890332 ... qz4rgp.gif

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rosietheriveter

New

Post by rosietheriveter » Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am

LeeAdama wrote:UR 5/28 today and just got the UPS Tracking Email.

I've been saving this gif for this very moment: http://media.tumblr.com/90a6ad78e890332 ... qz4rgp.gif
Oh man, was I right that we were competing for the same spot? Anyway, you go .....WAIT NEVER MIND I JUST GOT UPS TRACKING TOO. Is this for sure for sure?!?!?

LeeAdama

New

Post by LeeAdama » Tue May 28, 2013 12:02 pm

rosietheriveter wrote:
LeeAdama wrote:UR 5/28 today and just got the UPS Tracking Email.

Oh man, was I right that we were competing for the same spot? Anyway, you go .....WAIT NEVER MIND I JUST GOT UPS TRACKING TOO. Is this for sure for sure?!?!?
So far this season it has? Unless they're sending a 2.3 lbs ding letter, which would seem a tad excessive.

EDIT: Just went DLS.

Save_Ferris

New

Post by Save_Ferris » Tue May 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Congratulations to everyone whi went DLS today!!! Also just went DLS after getting the UPS tracking email this morning. I didn't expect it I'm so excited this definitely could change things!

minoraltercation

New

Post by minoraltercation » Tue May 28, 2013 1:33 pm

dsn32 wrote:
megagnarley wrote:
senorhosh wrote:

I would definitely call, because they were pretty prompt in getting back to most of us who submitted appeals. As for Monday, I would assume not, because I saw in the NYU C/O '16 thread that some other University departments were closed Monday (Housing) and people needed to decide by Tuesday, which they weren't happy about. I would assume admissions is similar, despite our Wednesday deadline.
De-lurking here. Has anyone whose enrollment deadline is tomorrow (May 29) heard back about their financial aid appeal? I've been waiting all day!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dsn32

Bronze

Post by dsn32 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:39 pm

minoraltercation wrote:
dsn32 wrote:
megagnarley wrote:
senorhosh wrote: I sent an email to financial aid and they opened a tab for me on the financial aid site.

De-lurking here. Has anyone whose enrollment deadline is tomorrow (May 29) heard back about their financial aid appeal? I've been waiting all day!
I haven't lol. Which is hurting my chances of attending a lot.

megagnarley

Bronze

Post by megagnarley » Tue May 28, 2013 3:25 pm

dsn32 wrote:
minoraltercation wrote:
dsn32 wrote:
megagnarley wrote: Odd. I wrote them a detailed email on Thursday and they've yet to respond or make any changes to my financial aid page.

I haven't lol. Which is hurting my chances of attending a lot.
I called and they said they were OO Friday and Monday and so appeals will be replied to either today or tomorrow. Not giving us much time to mull it over.

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Tue May 28, 2013 11:21 pm

Just to make sure: the seat deposit can be done immediately online and it's pretty straightforward right? Getting paid tomorrow so I can't deposit until tmw morning before work

porch

Bronze

Post by porch » Wed May 29, 2013 12:08 am

senorhosh wrote:Just to make sure: the seat deposit can be done immediately online and it's pretty straightforward right? Getting paid tomorrow so I can't deposit until tmw morning before work
yup

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

minoraltercation

New

Post by minoraltercation » Wed May 29, 2013 12:19 am

porch wrote:
senorhosh wrote:Just to make sure: the seat deposit can be done immediately online and it's pretty straightforward right? Getting paid tomorrow so I can't deposit until tmw morning before work
yup
Do you know if it has to be done during business hours or anytime tomorrow? Just for those of us waiting on the appeal... in case it doesn't come until the afternoon.

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Wed May 29, 2013 10:26 am

minoraltercation wrote:
porch wrote:
yup
Do you know if it has to be done during business hours or anytime tomorrow? Just for those of us waiting on the appeal... in case it doesn't come until the afternoon.
5 pm Eastern Time.

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Wed May 29, 2013 10:31 am

Just received my financial aid appeal- no change.

Sigh.
Put my seat deposit down but I'm holding onto CCP...

dsn32

Bronze

Post by dsn32 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:37 am

senorhosh wrote:Just received my financial aid appeal- no change.

Sigh.
No love for me either. Withdrawn. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting/thinking about depositing!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

minoraltercation

New

Post by minoraltercation » Wed May 29, 2013 10:46 am

dsn32 wrote:
senorhosh wrote:Just received my financial aid appeal- no change.

Sigh.
No love for me either. Withdrawn. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting/thinking about depositing!
None for me either but depositing.

porch

Bronze

Post by porch » Wed May 29, 2013 11:38 am

To all those who didnt get money, sorry but come anyway! and join us in the class of 2016 thread...
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=875

atomist

New

Post by atomist » Wed May 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Anyone got any thoughts as to why the WL has to be as big as it is alleged to be (upwards of a 1000)? Otherwise I'm just going to continue believing that a few hundred applicants were wait listed max so as to make myself feel better about my odds.

It seems that people were admitted in early May and then about two weeks later again in two waves. But there have also been several admits lately before the deposit deadline for the second wave, which is today I believe. So can we expect another wave in June, or just trickles throughout for the remainder of the summer?

GoldHattedGatsby

Bronze

Post by GoldHattedGatsby » Wed May 29, 2013 5:34 pm

megagnarley wrote:
I called and they said they were OO Friday and Monday and so appeals will be replied to either today or tomorrow. Not giving us much time to mull it over.

Have you made a decision yet Mega?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”