Advice greatly appreciated Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tds17

New

Advice greatly appreciated

Post by tds17 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:39 am

So I am in at a few schools that I like (Cardozo and brooklyn) with significant schollies and WL at Fordham. I am thinking of retaking the LSAT ( i got a 165 in december, was averaging 167 in prep tests) in June to either get off the waitlist at Fordham or increase my offers at the schools previously mentioned. Does anyone have any experience with taking the June LSAT and its effects on the admissions process? Is it definitely worth it? And who would I have to tell about the retake? And is there any general consensus in regard to which school, that is Cardozo and Brooklyn, a better choice overall. I know this depends on many factors just wondering if anyone can pinpoint in which ways one school may be better than the other. If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it thanks all happy easter
Last edited by tds17 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Re: Advice greatly appreciated

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:43 am

tds17 wrote:So I am in at a few schools that I like (Cardozo and brooklyn) with significant schollies and WL at Fordham. I am thinking of retaking the LSAT ( i got a 165 in december, was averaging 167 in prep tests) in June to either get off the waitlist at Fordham or increase my offers at the schools previously mentioned. Does anyone have any experience with taking the June LSAT and its effects on the admissions process? Is it definitely worth it? And who would I have to tell about it? If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it thanks all
I retook in June, improved my score by 8 points, and got off two different waitlists (both including a scholarship offer). I think it's worth it. If you score high enough on your retake, you might be in a position where you decide to sit out and year and reapply.

tds17

New

Post by tds17 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:12 am

Do you happen to know if there generally are negative repurcussions regarding scholarships, etc if I did not do as well on the retake as I had hoped? Thanks for the reply!

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:16 am

tds17 wrote:Do you happen to know if there generally are negative repurcussions regarding scholarships, etc if I did not do as well on the retake as I had hoped? Thanks for the reply!
I doubt it (though don't know this to be a fact). Most all schools only pay attention to your highest score.

NYCLSATTutor

Bronze

Post by NYCLSATTutor » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:36 am

Most schools are only looking at applicants higher score. Although both Fordham and Brooklyn claim that they look at all scores....they don't really.

I believe (but am not certain on this) that you would have to re-send your LSAC score report in order for schools to get your new LSAT grade. If true this would mean that you could choose whether schools got your grade or not.

confusedlaw

Silver

Post by confusedlaw » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:02 am

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
tds17 wrote:So I am in at a few schools that I like (Cardozo and brooklyn) with significant schollies and WL at Fordham. I am thinking of retaking the LSAT ( i got a 165 in december, was averaging 167 in prep tests) in June to either get off the waitlist at Fordham or increase my offers at the schools previously mentioned. Does anyone have any experience with taking the June LSAT and its effects on the admissions process? Is it definitely worth it? And who would I have to tell about it? If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it thanks all
I retook in June, improved my score by 8 points, and got off two different waitlists (both including a scholarship offer). I think it's worth it. If you score high enough on your retake, you might be in a position where you decide to sit out and year and reapply.
i retook in june and went up 9 points went from rejection to 25 k scholarship

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”