Wait-list question? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
harocutter

New

Wait-list question?

Post by harocutter » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:15 pm

GPA: 2.83
LSAT: 166

I have been accepted at Chapman, and wait-listed at Loyola. I'm uncertain of whether I should commit to Chapman, or stand-by on Loyola's wait-list. Also, what do you think the likely-hood is that I would be accepted at Loyola from their wait-list? My biggest concern is that Chapman is a tier 3 school and my job opportunities would not be so great with a degree from that school. Is the tier 3 toilet saying really true? Would part-time at Loyola be better than full-time at Chapman? Is my law career doomed going to Chapman? I'm just so confused.... I've also listed the pros and cons of each school to be more helpful, thanks again.

Pros of Loyola: Better school and reputation, better job opportunities, better education
Cons of Loyola: No scholarship, have to move to LA, living expenses.

Pros of Chapman: Scholarship, close to where I live, decent school, in Orange County where I want to work and live.
Cons of Chapman: Worse school, weaker job opportunities, reputation is not as high as Loyola.

josh43299

Bronze

Re: Wait-list question?

Post by josh43299 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:26 am

harocutter wrote:GPA: 2.83
LSAT: 166

I have been accepted at Chapman, and wait-listed at Loyola. I'm uncertain of whether I should commit to Chapman, or stand-by on Loyola's wait-list. Also, what do you think the likely-hood is that I would be accepted at Loyola from their wait-list? My biggest concern is that Chapman is a tier 3 school and my job opportunities would not be so great with a degree from that school. Is the tier 3 toilet saying really true? Would part-time at Loyola be better than full-time at Chapman? Is my law career doomed going to Chapman? I'm just so confused.... I've also listed the pros and cons of each school to be more helpful, thanks again.

Pros of Loyola: Better school and reputation, better job opportunities, better education
Cons of Loyola: No scholarship, have to move to LA, living expenses.

Pros of Chapman: Scholarship, close to where I live, decent school, in Orange County where I want to work and live.
Cons of Chapman: Worse school, weaker job opportunities, reputation is not as high as Loyola.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdJZhdi_-Tc

Seriously though... since you have about 10 questions here, you should use the search box at the bottom. You will find that these things/schools have been discussed over and over again. If you want discussion on the individual schools go to the choosing a law school forum, post something as detailed as possible (scholarship at chapman/gpa stipulations for keeping it/where you are from/what you want to do/where you have ties). You should also go to lawschooltransparency.com and look at the data as well before posting, if you haven't already. I consider all unreported salaries as 1/3 of the reported 25th percentile starting salary when thinking through the financial rationality of choosing a law school.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”