Penn Waitlist 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Read14

New

Re: Penn Waitlist 2012

Post by Read14 » Mon May 07, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I've never posted before, but I felt like now was a good time considering how useful I've found these forums.

I received a phone call from Penn on Thursday re: my interest in attending. Penn has been my top choice and goal since I began contemplating law school, so of course I was very enthusiastic. I then received a call today that I was accepted!

I sent one LOCI.

I am so excited!

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Mon May 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Read14 wrote:Hi everyone,

I've never posted before, but I felt like now was a good time considering how useful I've found these forums.

I received a phone call from Penn on Thursday re: my interest in attending. Penn has been my top choice and goal since I began contemplating law school, so of course I was very enthusiastic. I then received a call today that I was accepted!

I sent one LOCI.

I am so excited!
Hi there. Congratulations! Mind sharing stats and if you are URM?

Lawbro

Bronze

Post by Lawbro » Mon May 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Congrats to the two who have gotten in. I am also interested in hearing your stats so I can get a better sense of what penn is looking for

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Lawbro wrote:Congrats to the two who have gotten in. I am also interested in hearing your stats so I can get a better sense of what penn is looking for
165/ 4.07 ...maybe they are looking for reverse splitters/GPAs? (for once...). What are your stats?

Congrats to Read114! :)

Lawbro

Bronze

Post by Lawbro » Mon May 07, 2012 6:24 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
Lawbro wrote:Congrats to the two who have gotten in. I am also interested in hearing your stats so I can get a better sense of what penn is looking for
165/ 4.07 ...maybe they are looking for reverse splitters/GPAs? (for once...). What are your stats?

170 and 3.7 (lsac). My gpa is pretty low for penn

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Lawbro wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:

170 and 3.7 (lsac). My gpa is pretty low for penn
but so is my LSAT... Since they seem to be slowly trickling through the WL, they may be replacing people who are withdrawing with WLers who have similar stats. so if you're showing interest and another 170 LSAT withdraws, you'd probably have a great shot!

justicefishy

Bronze

Post by justicefishy » Tue May 08, 2012 2:47 am

Good luck everyone on the waitlist and looking forward to seeing everyone in Philly next year!

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:00 am

Do you all think Penn is still going to extend phone interviews? Or were th few calls on Monday the "interviews"

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:29 am

justicefishy wrote:Good luck everyone on the waitlist and looking forward to seeing everyone in Philly next year!
yay thanks!!

p.s. PM me if you know any good housing info... this is next on the list for me to freak out about!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

quaker10

Bronze

Post by quaker10 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:38 am

gravityrides0 wrote:
justicefishy wrote:Good luck everyone on the waitlist and looking forward to seeing everyone in Philly next year!
yay thanks!!

p.s. PM me if you know any good housing info... this is next on the list for me to freak out about!
I lived in Chestnut Hall as an undergrad..super close to the law school and really nice for West Philly. Many students choose to live downtown, but this is great if you want to live on campus. It is full of grad students and residents at the hospital and does not feel like a dorm.

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:49 am

quaker10 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
yay thanks!!

I lived in Chestnut Hall as an undergrad..super close to the law school and really nice for West Philly. Many students choose to live downtown, but this is great if you want to live on campus. It is full of grad students and residents at the hospital and does not feel like a dorm.

thanks! their website looked great, but this is scary, haha

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/PA ... all.html#b

maybe things have changed...

quaker10

Bronze

Post by quaker10 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:56 am

gravityrides0 wrote:
quaker10 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
yay thanks!!

thanks! their website looked great, but this is scary, haha

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/PA ... all.html#b

maybe things have changed...
Well, here's the deal. It's not GREAT, but the other on campus apartments and apartment manager's are arguably worse. Nothing in West Philly is great unless you pay for the snazzy buildings, but those are largely for professors and others who have the money to spend. I know lots of MBA's live in 1900 Locust downtown.

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:58 am

quaker10 wrote: Well, here's the deal. It's not GREAT, but the other on campus apartments and apartment manager's are arguably worse. Nothing in West Philly is great unless you pay for the snazzy buildings, but those are largely for professors and others who have the money to spend. I know lots of MBA's live in 1900 Locust downtown.
thanks for the info! I have some research to do 8)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

justicefishy

Bronze

Post by justicefishy » Tue May 08, 2012 1:25 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
quaker10 wrote: Well, here's the deal. It's not GREAT, but the other on campus apartments and apartment manager's are arguably worse. Nothing in West Philly is great unless you pay for the snazzy buildings, but those are largely for professors and others who have the money to spend. I know lots of MBA's live in 1900 Locust downtown.
I'm doing Left Bank next year which should be great; expensive but great. :D

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:34 pm

justicefishy wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
Whie I am so happy that you all got into Penn... Could you all take this to the admitted students thread instead of the WL? Makes me sad :(

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:38 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
justicefishy wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
Whie I am so happy that you all got into Penn... Could you all take this to the admitted students thread instead of the WL? Makes me sad :(
I PMed jfishy, haha... Don't be sad-- you're next! good luck!!

Feddy250

New

Post by Feddy250 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Just got in off the waiting list! Got the call on Monday gauging my interest. I was very interested but didn't want to pay sticker. The admissions office was really helpful and gave me a potential financial aid package based on my need. 70K! I was brought up to the committee today and accepted. As of right now, I am attending!

For those of you interested in my stats...

3.95/170 non-URM and never sent a LOCI....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lawbro

Bronze

Post by Lawbro » Wed May 09, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm surprised you were waitlisted in the first place

cogitoergosum

Silver

Post by cogitoergosum » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:07 am

So are we at the point where waitlist acceptances trickle out one per month for the rest of the summer, or could there still be a "wave"?

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:36 am

cogitoergosum wrote:So are we at the point where waitlist acceptances trickle out one per month for the rest of the summer, or could there still be a "wave"?
I don't think it will be a wave. The last e-mail I received from Dean Post said she hoped to give another update mid June

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:53 am

Rejected from WL on Thursday... Now just riding out Duke WL

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NJPitcher

Bronze

Post by NJPitcher » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:11 am

Was accepted off the WL yesterday - got an interest email on Tuesday, spoke with them on Thursday, offered yesterday. Withdrawing from NYU and staying in Philly!

Indebted

New

Post by Indebted » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:48 am

NJPitcher wrote:Was accepted off the WL yesterday - got an interest email on Tuesday, spoke with them on Thursday, offered yesterday. Withdrawing from NYU and staying in Philly!
Incredibly jealous. Congratulations!

Rampage1

New

Post by Rampage1 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:20 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Rejected from WL on Thursday... Now just riding out Duke WL
Sorry to hear that. Did you get news via email or snail mail? Congrats to those who got in this week.

Revolver066

Bronze

Post by Revolver066 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:38 pm

NJPitcher wrote:Was accepted off the WL yesterday - got an interest email on Tuesday, spoke with them on Thursday, offered yesterday. Withdrawing from NYU and staying in Philly!
+1 (except I'm withdrawing from NU). East coast bound!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”