Notre Dame Deferral (Binding?) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pancho

New

Notre Dame Deferral (Binding?)

Post by pancho » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Does anyone know whether Notre Dame deferrals are binding or non-binding? I have searched the forum and haven't found an answer and also checked the school's website to no avail. Does anyone know if the office is lenient or strict in granting them? Thanks.

bk1

Diamond

Re: Notre Dame Deferral (Binding?)

Post by bk1 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:29 pm

Ask them.

hernanmi

New

Post by hernanmi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:33 pm

I know it is binding because I asked during my visit to the school last month. However, I'm not sure how easy it is to obtain one. One of the guys on my tour stated that he had deferred from last cycle in order to finish a masters degree overseas.

pancho

New

Post by pancho » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:37 pm

bk187 wrote:Ask them.
Appreciate the quick response but I doubt "Are you lenient or strict in granting deferrals?" would go over very well. The website unsurprisingly states deferrals are granted on a case-by-case basis. Looking for anecdotes here. The method you suggest would ostensibly work for the first part of my query. I was hoping somebody who had experience with the office could chime in. Thanks.

pancho

New

Post by pancho » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:38 pm

hernanmi wrote:I know it is binding because I asked during my visit to the school last month. However, I'm not sure how easy it is to obtain one. One of the guys on my tour stated that he had deferred from last cycle in order to finish a masters degree overseas.
Thank you for the information.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawschool?s

New

Post by lawschool?s » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:16 am

I was also interested in deferring. I assume you get to keep all your scholarships correct?

haha this is rather important to me.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:19 pm

lawschool?s wrote:I was also interested in deferring. I assume you get to keep all your scholarships correct?

haha this is rather important to me.
Depends. I know at some schools you don't.

lawschool?s

New

Post by lawschool?s » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:52 am

I actually called them yesterday and they said their deferall is non-binding (but they expect you to attend obviously), but your scholarship will no longer exist and they will re-evaluate you next year and they said they typically give you the similar aid (I got a very doubtful feeling when they told me this).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”