HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
edits

New

Re: HELD @ HARVARD 2012 style

Post by edits » Sun May 06, 2012 10:43 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
user_france wrote:Still waiting. Anybody else still out there?
Hopefully u all hear soon..............also it would be nice if kb1s came out this week
+1

principaltrumpet

New

Post by principaltrumpet » Mon May 07, 2012 8:55 am

Here's to getting a decision this week!

salamanders

New

Post by salamanders » Mon May 07, 2012 2:12 pm

Has anyone called today? It feels like they just stopped and forgot some of us...

GoodFood

New

Post by GoodFood » Mon May 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Wow.

amc987

Silver

Post by amc987 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:55 pm

GoodFood wrote:Wow.
Still nothing...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Mon May 07, 2012 5:03 pm

amc987 wrote:
Still nothing...
did u all try and call and get an estimated time frame (this week, next week, next year) of when to expect word because I understand its Harvard but this is borderline rude.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Tue May 08, 2012 10:27 am

sharktankdean wrote:
amc987 wrote:
Still nothing...
did u all try and call and get an estimated time frame (this week, next week, next year) of when to expect word because I understand its Harvard but this is borderline rude.
FTFY

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Tue May 08, 2012 10:30 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:
amc987 wrote:
Still nothing...
FTFY
+1

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Tue May 08, 2012 10:41 am

...I think you all should call and ask what's going on.

The only positive thing I can think of is that they're holding onto your application to see if any of the very recent admits decline their offer. I believe those admits were all URMs, and that the people waiting are also URMs...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

46nyc

Bronze

Post by 46nyc » Tue May 08, 2012 10:43 am

Doorkeeper wrote:...I think you all should call and ask what's going on.

The only positive thing I can think of is that they're holding onto your application to see if any of the very recent admits decline their offer. I believe those admits were all URMs, and that the people waiting are also URMs...
I know people still waiting who aren't URM and who don't post here, and one of them called and they just said "we're getting to those applications," but no other info.... not very helpful :/

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Tue May 08, 2012 10:51 am

46nyc wrote:

I know people still waiting who aren't URM and who don't post here, and one of them called and they just said "we're getting to those applications," but no other info.... not very helpful :/

i have a non-urm acquaintance who is also still waiting...they seem to do this to a few people every year and I really do not get the point because i don't know if they have ever admitted anyone this late (who wasn't WL first).

hypothalamus

Silver

Post by hypothalamus » Tue May 08, 2012 10:58 am

sharktankdean wrote:
46nyc wrote:

i have a non-urm acquaintance who is also still waiting...they seem to do this to a few people every year and I really do not get the point because i don't know if they have ever admitted anyone this late (who wasn't WL first).
Were they all late submits? Maybe Harvard just likes to torture them as punishment for submitting late?

principaltrumpet

New

Post by principaltrumpet » Tue May 08, 2012 11:02 am

I'm a URM and I am still held.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Tue May 08, 2012 11:05 am

principaltrumpet wrote:I'm a URM and I am still held.
Is everyone who is still waiting here a late hold (March+)?

neuropol

New

Post by neuropol » Tue May 08, 2012 11:09 am

i was actually never held. just a late jan submitter

principaltrumpet

New

Post by principaltrumpet » Tue May 08, 2012 11:10 am

Elendil wrote:
I was held late March.

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Tue May 08, 2012 11:14 am

hypothalamus wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:
46nyc wrote:

Were they all late submits? Maybe Harvard just likes to torture them as punishment for submitting late?

just stalked the 2010 thread...and it seems like some of them were late submitters..could not find the submission dates of the rest

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

salamanders

New

Post by salamanders » Tue May 08, 2012 11:17 am

Elendil wrote:

I'm afraid I'm going to have to debunk all these theories. Non-URM, submitted VERY early in the cycle, in the first hold group, still nothing.

amc987

Silver

Post by amc987 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:24 am

I am an URM, submitted in Oct, and have been held since Jan.

I don't know what could be taking Harvard so long. I know someone who called last week and was told that hopefully decisions would be coming in the next few days, but I don't know how much truth there is to that.

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Tue May 08, 2012 11:25 am

Not to be a bummer, but all of this info makes me think that there's going to be another ding wave... if you look at LSN, we are lacking in red dots on the graph... unless HLS plans on WL a massive number of applicants this year. :?

46nyc

Bronze

Post by 46nyc » Tue May 08, 2012 11:37 am

hypothalamus wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:
46nyc wrote:

The 2 I know of submitted in Sept/Oct

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Tue May 08, 2012 11:56 am

Elendil wrote:Not to be a bummer, but all of this info makes me think that there's going to be another ding wave... if you look at LSN, we are lacking in red dots on the graph... unless HLS plans on WL a massive number of applicants this year. :?

technically the WL is also lacking if compared to prior years...especially since more applications are on lsn this year than the prior ones. so it might be a WL and ding wave....

GoodFood

New

Post by GoodFood » Tue May 08, 2012 12:02 pm

salamanders wrote:
Elendil wrote:

I'm afraid I'm going to have to debunk all these theories. Non-URM, submitted VERY early in the cycle, in the first hold group, still nothing.
+1.

salamanders

New

Post by salamanders » Tue May 08, 2012 12:42 pm

sharktankdean wrote:
Elendil wrote:Not to be a bummer, but all of this info makes me think that there's going to be another ding wave... if you look at LSN, we are lacking in red dots on the graph... unless HLS plans on WL a massive number of applicants this year. :?

technically the WL is also lacking if compared to prior years...especially since more applications are on lsn this year than the prior ones. so it might be a WL and ding wave....

It would surprise me if they waited this long to ding people. For those of us U/R since fall, it just doesn't make a lot of sense, considering they've been dinging people throughout the entire cycle.

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Tue May 08, 2012 12:56 pm

I was recently admitted and my deposit deadline isn't until the 16th. Maybe HLS is waiting to see what the class looks like after the 2nd deposit deadline? One poster on TLS said Harvard told him decisions would be made by the end of May. :/

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”